nettle tea

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by loki125, Jun 25, 2013.

1. hi guys thanks for looking
    right if i bought organic nettle tea ment for drinking but instead of drinking used as a foliar spray would this be benificial or not really.

2. I'd say list ingredients unless there are any harmful preservatives then I would say go for it unless you can source fresh nettles always better my friend.

Happy growing
    GK

3. yeah but dont you have to leave them like 20days in water to break down and then it smells i dont have acess to a garden and i dont want it smelling too mich of rotting plant matter :) the stuff i found id 100% organic

4. #5 twotokeengine, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
    hey man,

It should be ok imo, Your nettle tea will most likely contain the NPK but I doubt it will contain the secondary metabolite as this is only possible with "Quick Soak teas". I use an organic bottled liquid seaweed for trace elements because I have to.

try out your tea see what happens at a weak rate.

Then go cut some fresh nettles from a lane w/e [roll a couple up get blazed as you go], tear them up [wearing gloves] pop them in a 2 Litre container, fill with water, screw the lid on loosely, Leave it outside ( I have made FPE in 40F). Not very smelly or messy. You wont look back. when your at that you may as well make rice water EM. these will probably be the two best things you can do.

Note FPE = Fermented plant extract.
    EM= Effective Microbes

HTH

Marijuana time.

5. cheers thanks for that what ratio fpe to water

and never heard of rice water

6. #7 twotokeengine, Jun 26, 2013
  7. #8 loki125, Jun 26, 2013
    litrally just found that method so i just add that to the nettles to and leave it a.month to do its thing

8. also is it possible to make home made bio silicon

9. #10 twotokeengine, Jun 26, 2013
    I don't know what Bio silicone is sorry

I made them separate, you would have to make the EM first then add the to the FPE, I don't think it would work all in 1 tub.

So to recap make EM
    Gather FPE ingredients + water + Finished activated EM, put into tub, wait it out (this method theoretically reduces the smell)
    Or Make FPE then + Finished Activated EM and apply

Hope that makes sense

10. yup makes sense cheers how long roughly should i wait some things i saw said wait for ph to get to 3/4

11. also can i put ash from grape friuit in to fpe as grape fruit skin ash has High potassium

12. yup ph below 3 or 4 cant quite remember which

I go by the smell and how much the plant mater has broken, it will turn into a mushy slime & eventually into nothing I've found

have fun!

13. I would just add them in whole form, I wouldn't add ash but im sure a little wouldn't hurt

14. #15 loki125, Jun 26, 2013
    [quote name="twotokeengine" post="18263361" timestamp="1372255348"]yup ph below 3 or 4 cant quite remember whichI go by the smell and how much the plant mater has broken, it will turn into a mushy slime & eventually into nothing I've foundhave fun![/quote]oh nice thay cool thanks for all your help if i keep all my fruit and veg peelings ect and put them in how fresh is ok cause they sometimes start to grow fungis on them and im guess not all fungis are good

Save all that waste for the compost heap, you want fresh cut material or a dried powder like the AACT fellas use, Thus limiting the potential for something bad to happen

16. cool get it yeah i would compost it but have no garden :(

17. could i use some old alcohol brew bottles with air locks

a Demijon? I used one of them before yes, with a stick to act as a plug, just make sure a little gas can escape the container

19. yeah a demi jon i have an air lock that allows air out but nothing in