Religion

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by qwertyasdf, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Yeah, Jews don't seem very pushy about their religion. (although the Middle East conflict does make me wonder with all that fighting.)

I used to have a Jewish friend who grew up in the faith and he knew I was atheist, and he was having doubts too and we would talk about it.
    But, he still followed it out of habit.

You don't really see Jews trying to sell their faith to people.

2. I'm talking about people who blindly cling to their own path as the only correct one, all others be doomed. That's how I use dogmatic.

3. the best way to do this would be through fasting , and prayer ,reading of the bible...you would have to fast at least 14 days and you would have to focus always on the prayer and or reading of the book. keep your mind off all things of this world including your very own self...the best place to start would be the book of psalms and proverbs...remember you must learn to recognize... truth , adam and eve were deceived by truth, mingled with lies...they were deceived by partaking of the tree of knowledge of good and evil...this tree comes in many binders...[binders] as in book binders including the bible...so you must beware of the lies and grasp on to the truth for it will take you to more truth...remember... beware... and enjoy...p. s. the name jesus is a lie ! :poke:

4. Yea, the conversion process is insane, they push hard for you to not convert, they tell you time and time again "This shit is not easy, people born into it are born into responsibility, the reward is difficult to fathom, but non Jews get reward as well. We would recommend you steer clear of this kind of responsibility, because once you convert, shit doesn't matter, you made a commitment, and you're fucked if you don't keep to it" they push this kind of thing hard, it's thought of as a difficult but rewarding lifestyle, they make sure somebody knows the ins and outs cold and insists often and intensely before converting them ^^

5. I'm saying, I do cling to my path as the only correct one, I just try to be open minded about the fact that it is a CHOICE that I made to believe it, and while I believe it's the correct one, it doesn't necessarily mean that I believe everything else is incorrect, just not as correct :D I think being dogmatic is cool, as long as you're not blind about it, and I try not to be blind about what I do, however I'd still say I'm pretty dogmatic with Judaism, not always in practice, but in belief.

That's fine if you have that attitude about belief. But to us skeptics, it doesn't mean jack diddly.

We get theists all the time telling us how they think their path is the correct one. Nothing personal against you, that's just how it is.

7. For sure man, I get theists with an A telling me all the time that they think their path of non belief is the correct one, toke a toke and be a good person. I'm cool with you.
    Just sayin, I got a Universal Consciousness to chill with and you don't :D
    I really didn't mean disrespect, I just can't give over tone of voice and body language and a dank smile over text, y'know, but I said that super playfully ^^

8. Personally, I don't care what you believe in OP, but I do believe that God is responsible for everything that exists and happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I believe God is everything you touch, taste, see, smell and hear.

That includes other people.

Other individual souls do exist but in their own universe.

It's like pods in the Matrix except everyone individual has a separate Matrix where they mingle with programs they believe to be other people.

What do you think of deism? It's a belief in God while rejecting religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

11. If god is anything, it would be the entire universe, as you say. Everything that is anything is god so there is no need for organised worship, rituals or dogmatic indoctrination.

God is everything or god is nothing. Either way, it doesn't make a difference and every religion on the planet is still full of shit.