First Indoor Grow *BlackberryKush*Pics*

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SouthernBudz, Jun 23, 2013.

1. #1 SouthernBudz, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
    Hey guys! This is my first grow, So I'm doing it indoors still working on getting a good setup.. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. The seeds Ive planted are bag seeds from some blackberry kush, its apparent that whomever grew the stuff I bought had some males in their garden that pollenated the females. If these turn out good and I can get the growing process down i'm looking to purchase my next ones from a seed bank. Ill be updating frequently with pictures so enjoy!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 SouthernBudz, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    The last picture is the most recent of my largest plant so far. I Germinated all these seeds from soil so some took longer than others to break through and start growing, they were all put in soil on 6/10 so the two larger plants have been growing above soil for about 14 days and the smaller plants that took longer a few less maybe 10-12 days above ground. Im not sure of the wattage on the lights but it houses (4) 6500k flourescent bulbs, a friend let me borrow it. Ive been keeping it about 2-3 inches above the largest plants, initially I was running light on them 24hrs but switched to 20 hours on and 4 off to help keep the temperature lower in the closet. humidity has been staying between 45-55% and temperature has been around 86 degrees trying to bring it down some more.

Attached Files:

3. referring to the pictures in my last post, specifically the second picture. The plant on the left in the back row has had a small amount of yellowing on the tips of its leafs? and idea what is causing this I bought a ph meter today and the ph's were all around 6. Also the middle plant on the back row is starting to have a strange twist on its lowest set of leafs? 

4. #4 SouthernBudz, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
    plants are doing good, the biggest ones are close to three weeks old now. They are starting to look pretty funky and smell awesome!

Attached Files:

5. I got a lot of work done with these things today! moved all of my plants into their bigger pots that they will remain in for the remainder of this grow. Throughout this grow I've used Miracle Grow potting mix, I've heard alot of negative things about using miracle grow products to grow with but I must say, it has done excellent for my plants!! Ive even used miracle grow plant food 3 times on them. they are now reaching 4 weeks old, very small amount, about 1/8th strength for indoor plants to see how they would react too it, so good so far. Id would have loved to plant them in some fox farms soil but nowhere around me carries it, and closest hydroponics store is about 1.5 hours away. Today I built a tray to hold them and allow drainage after watering while not destroying the carpet in my closet, it turned out well, I also added a ten inch box fan blowing down on the entire set up about two weeks ago. running my lights 24 hours. tallest plant is about 8 inches tall. the title says first indoor grow, but this is my first time growing weed at all, enjoying it very much soo far! Hopefully This will keep me toking for a while

Attached Files:

6. I might even donate an ounce in about 12 more weeks to the first person to comment! Lol

7. plants are a few days into week 5 now. posting some pics of their progress, enjoy!

Attached Files:

8. Look delicious bro

9. wow...lookin' good!  I'm doing the same thing.....first indoor grow, bag seed (I have 5 more seeds!) :)  I planted June 27, "Patty" came up 8 days ago & she is working on her second set of leaves now....Her sister seed was a dud & I replanted the pot a few days ago....both are soil planted in Miracle Grow Organic (love that chicken shit)....I'm thinking I'll wait at least another week to add nutes.   I found Fox Farms products 20 miles away & plan to get tomorrow!  I'm going to start the other 5 seeds in the next few days...As for lights in my room (I took a basement 10x12 ft bedroom & built a 6x6 ft seedling room in a corner, then I plan to use the rest for flowering)  I hung shop lights w/ 5000k "daylight" tubes, lower air vent w/ fan, oscill. fan in corner....Anyhow, I use to grow outdoors a long long time ago & this is a whole new adventure for me!  Love your pics & good luck with your grow!  I'll keep tabs on your progress so DON'T STOP posting!!!  People are readin & looking at your stuff.....no shit!  LOL           Julie

10. Yeah its really exciting once they start throwing out sets of leaves every few days. my only problem now is they are not receiving as intense of light as they originally were, since they are in bigger pots I cannot keep the light as close to them since I want it to cover the majority of all the plants. next grow I do Im planning on using fox farms products, Ive heard great things about all of their stuff. plants are two days into week six now. the tallest one is about 14 inches the others around 12 inches and smallest one around 10. Im planning on flowering them starting around August 2nd, might wait a little longer depending on how tall they all are. Wanted them to all be close to 18 inches when I start flowering them, theses were the first seeds Ive ever found in a bag of some dank so hopefully it will turn out good, even if it doesn't and I have a bunch of mid grade weed ill still be happy that I have something to smoke that I grew. lol

11. are they indica or sativa

12. Blackberry Kush is supposed to be about an 80% Indica dominant strain from what I have read. I just obtained ALOT of new equipment guys, about to upload some pics here shortly so stay tuned. The next batch I grow I want to order some seeds from a Bank now that I have all the resources to do this correctly! any suggestions on seed banks and ordering them online?

13. alright guys! The plants have been doing pretty good, they are approaching the end of the 8th week of vegetative growth. My friend who used to grow loaned me alot of his equipment to get these plants looking right! tomorrow we are hooking up a 1000w magnum xxxl6 hood. gonna go ahead and put the HPS bulb in there and switch to 12/12 lighting to start flowering them, wish I woulda had this light and the bulbs he gave me when I was growing them the first 8 weeks! Also have a big ass exhaust fan to cool the light and hook up with the carbon filter and a ballast to run all of it through. I began having some PH problems a week or so ago so this past weekend I made a trip up to atlanta to Atlantis Hydroponics which i was very impressed with. I would recommend them to anyone around atlanta, they have a great selection of ANYTHING you could possibly need for cultivating this wonderful plant and alot of great advice as well and much cheaper prices that what Ive seen this stuff sell for online. I picked up a bag of fox farms Happy Frog and Ocean forest; as well as some happy from all purpose fertilizer 5-5-5 on the NPK content, just the smell of the soil and fertilizer is great, smells much more natural than anything Lowes has every thought about selling. so I re potted all of the plants with the fox farms soil. two of them I did in happy frog alone, two of them in ocean forest, and one of them in a mixture of both about 75% ocean forest and 25% happy frog with some of the fertilizer mixed into the soil of all of them. plants have experience little "shock" since replanting. Also grabbed a ph test kit with the liquid and strips and some ph up and down while i was there encase I encounter PH problems in the future. Hopefully I won't have to use it since i purify all the water I give them, and the PH has remained about 6 to 6.5 on all plants since replanting. My largest plant is now over 24 inches tall with the smallest about 18 inches. three of them are just over 20 inches. gonna attach some pics, hope yall enjoy!

Attached Files:

14. heres some pics to show progress of the plants, Im gonna take some more after we get everything set up and post them, we are gonna be moving them into a bigger closet and covering the walls with some mylar for that high reflectivity  :cool: let me know what you guys think or if ya'll have any advice, this is my first time doing this.

Attached Files:

15. Unfortunately the plant that has been doing the best out of the whole bunch is in the back row so I can never get any good pictures of it.

16. Well, I was wonderin' how your plants were doing!  And your new lighting too......I'm still fiddling around with mine.   I had only one pot pop out a baby, so I used the rest of my seeds & planted 3 more.  Those 3 are now a week old & look fuckin good!  Now my first one "Patti" is the smallest almost PERFECT weed plant I have ever seen!  Over a month old, exactly 3 1/2" tall, & has this BUSH on top.  Really looks like she wants to flower....no shit.  The plant has me soooooo fuckin confused but I refuse to give up on her (assuming female)!  Doing research on Net & what I am finding is Rudialis (sp?) is an auto-flower & these seeds I got were random bag seeds, so no telling what they are.....Have any ideas?

17. sneak preview of what is about to come, have alot to upload from the last few days

Attached Files:

18. ship me some of that blackberry man :p

19. whole room is covered in mylar now, gives it some nice reflectivity. I almost got sun burnt putting it up under that damn light! anybody know why 1000w HPS bulbs blur iPhone pictures? its puzzling, everything is looking good, only issue is my temperature is getting to high during the sunlight periods and im running three fans and a big ass exhaust fan, gotta get it figured out. We put them into flowering schedule 12/12 on 7/31/13 any ideas or suggestion on the amount of time we should let them flower for? any comments or suggestions are appreciated

Attached Files:

20. @[member="Theweedman831"] I don't know how much longer I can wait this out man! lol