Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tobacco free commercials making me scared

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Chimera Prod, Jun 21, 2013.

1. #1 Chimera Prod, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    Has anyone seen this one in particular? I just saw it on tv after the heat game 
    Reena started smoking at 13. By 19, she had cancer. I didn't know you could get cancer so soon and so young I always thought and read that it was like 30 years at least.

I'm sure even though alot of us switched to vaping we have smoked alot in the past, just as much. And I hope you all also know that weed is way more carcinogenic than cigs if smoked, especially with tobacco blunts. I've done that for many many years. After seeing this video I feel like I'm a dead man. 

Anyone think this girl would have gotten throat cancer even without the cigs? I also heard that cigs just amplify and bring out the cancer that you are already going to get. Could they be using this girl just as a way to scare people? And she would have got it even without smoking but maybe a few years later? Because theres tons of people who get stuff like this even without smoking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCTwhVllscw

2. My HS music teacher is still smoking (has been for 50 years) and she doesn't have cancer.

It really just depends on many things like your genes, type of cigs, etc

3. #3 Biltwellnigga, Jun 21, 2013
    You can get cancer by x-rays, just the environment, etc.

Depends on your genetics mostly like already mentioned.

Smoking is that bad though. I should quit.

I also cringe when I see those commercials.

4. I know people who have been smoking tobacco product heavily for over 60 years that still don't have cancer. Cancer is not the worst thing that will happen to you health wise if you smoke.

5. read some studies. ween and baccy are very very different man, nobodys ever got cancer from smoking only weed

6. vaping is the way to go. if you wanna quit, try an ecig for a little bit to see if you like the differences. i have a rechargeable and refillable ecig. my ejuice only has 12mg of nicotine (you can go up to like 20-30mg). when i finish this batch, i'm gonna cut it in half (6mg) and eventually down to 0mg :D i can run. i can breathe well. i also don't hack up any nasty tar in the morning after i brush my teeth. speaking of teeth, mine are whiter than ever!! never realized how much cigs stained your teeth until i switched. i don't suggest disposable ecigs as they never last as long as they say. i had bought a couple Blu ecigs at a gas station just to try it (i liked it) but ultimately, they failed to impress. they're supposed to last 400 puffs, they last about 50 before the battery shits the bed... quite the rip off since the blu ecigs cost $10... so unless you like spending $50-$60 a week for nicotine, i suggest you steer clear of disposables.

7. You have to remember that most chemicals in cigs are man made while weeds chemicals are natural. I would suggest an ecig. Look for a tobbacco shop, that's where I got mine. Anyway I love this thing. It's only vapors at this point, no nicotine, and I'm currently using bubblegum, cherry cola, watermelon, and juicy fruit flavored vapors. Just think I it as a portable hookah lol they do have hookah pens too!

8. What exactly did she think would fucking happen?

9. You should be scared man, big company tobacco is no joke, if your a ciggarette smoker your just poisining yourself on the daily. Sure some people live 30-60 years without any cancer,but your just playing roulette with your health and logical thinkers don't do that.

10. #10 Tree Of Life, Jun 21, 2013
    Here's the thing: The carcinogens found in cigarettes are literal carcinogins. That's because those tobacco fuckers add thousands of disgusting chemicals 'for a better burn'. Yeah, it's a better burn alright... So much so that it burns your health in the process. The 'carcinogins' found in cannabis smoke aren't really 'carcinogins' in the first place. (That last part I pretty much dragged out of my ass, but I feel like it's accurate.) :smoking:

11. Lol logic? You ever have an addiction before? There is no logic when you are addicted to something.

BTW I love how the new enjoy kings feel and vape. But a total rip off as of right now.

12. ^ Very true, ummm nope i've never been addicted to anything by traditional sense, nicotene is very addicting, but i would think most people would know that before they start smoking cigs...if not then i feel bad for them.

13. I hate those anti-tobacco commercials , especially TRUTH. Like iI'm sitting here enjoying a nice breakfast to start the day and this commercial with piss and dog shit comes on ... FUCK YOU TRUTH!

Also i wish my mom would quit smoking.. she smokes a lot and I've had dreams recently of her with cancer and I tried telling her that this is a sign for you to quit but shes heavily addicted man. Cigarettes  are no joke.

14. My grandpa whose 69 has been chewing tobacco since he was 13 from his older brother. No cancer for him but even if he did get it I'm sure he wouldn't stop lol. I read somewhere that Native Americans don't get cancer as much so lucky us.

Sent from my Nexus S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. some people get cancer after their first marijuana

16. I got heart disease at 21 and a friend got copd at 28...good luck rolling the dice

17. Fuck you eat my dick weed isn't bad, getting your vaccines are worse. Fuck you, once again.

18. #18 LilJ86, Jun 21, 2013
    LMFAO!! weed is carcinogenic? More so then cigarettes you say?? 

Its been clear for many years now that ingesting burning plant matter of any type is bad for you and your health. weather it be marijuana, tobacco, or leaves off the old oak tree in the back yard. We as marijuana consumers have evolved leaps and bounds in the ways be intake our meds. from organic hemp papers, a slew of portable vapes, concentrates and extracts (which completely eliminate any green plant material) and the list goes on and on. Cigarettes are bad yes, and smoking pot isnt the greatest either. but to compare something that kills 5 million world wide yearly, to a plant that cures cancer and obliterates tumors.. You have some reading to do OP.

19. :bolt: u lern sumfing nuw evryday evn if ur 2 braneded 2 figur it out becuz i gots sum cancerin my hed i wish sum1 tld me erler :cry:

20. Weed is not carcinogenec and I don't smoke blunts.  :confused_2: