How legal weed in Colorado works?

Discussion in 'General' started by Joe228, Jun 21, 2013.

They already know of it's medical benefits. With them they can fund millions of dollars into developing certain levels of different cannabinoids that won't get you high and help ease whatever ailment you have. 

2. Amen but we gettin dat medicinal doe

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I just looked it up, and it has not passed it failed yet. It still has to go through senate and get signed by the governor. I was incorrect before, however a pipe ban was passed in 2010 forcing all head shops and such to get 75% of revenue from tobacco. So if it happened once it might agian.

Kind of funny after reading the guy from Colorado's post.

Its going to be really hard to get the card doe.

5. Clubs work in kind of a loophole. Since its still technically illegal to buy and sell weed you can buy a membership to the club for say $50 a month (example) and theyll have weed there for you to smoke, "premium" memberships offer access to hash or vape rooms or specialty stuff. Generally consumption is unlimited, smoke as much as you want but of course watch for a dui even though they arent as popular for cops as bars. They are all different though, this os a general idea of what they are like.

6. Clubs work in kind of a loophole. Since its still technically illegal to buy and sell weed you can buy a membership to the club for say $50 a month (example) and theyll have weed there for you to smoke, "premium" memberships offer access to hash or vape rooms or specialty stuff. Generally consumption is unlimited, smoke as much as you want but of course watch for a dui even though they arent as popular for cops as bars. They are all different though, this os a general idea of what they are like.

7. This is how it works. I live in Boulder so I should know how this shit goes down.

Currently, any resident of Colorado who is older than 21 can go into an mmj shop and come out with 2 ounces. 

The most people can have is 2 ounces, unless you grow, in which case you can have 15 oz.

On January 1st (I believe that's the date) anybody that isn't a resident of Colorado and is over 21 will be able to buy weed in the dispensaries, but they will be charged a lot more than we are.

So yes, things here in Colo are tight as fuck.

8. You're wrong actually. You need to be over 21 AND have a medical marijuana card to go into the dispensaries... I should know.. I just got my medical card and I live in Littleton Colorado.

9. Btw my friend lives in boulder too and all that flood sucks ass.

10. Do you need a CO issued I.D?

Or as long as your of age in CO does it matter where your from?

I've been wondering about that for awhile.

11. Easiest way is to go to the dmv and get a colorado id. Just need to show them a piece of mail with your name and a colorado address. They will give you a temporary one then you can go straight to the place and get your medical card for $130. Takes like 20 mins and you can go into any dispensary right after.. That's what I did last week.

Oh yeah I know, I forgot to mention that, I'm pretty baked lol. 

13. You still have to have a card to buy it in a shop
    As for recreational users that won't happen till jan 1st

There are no exceptions

Sources: Norml

14. Oh OK lol its cool man just I was like did I get screwed into getting a mmj card? Haha. Yeah man my friend Victoria goes to school in boulder.

15. Fuck I need to meet some Stoner buddies here.

16. They will have the first option to transfer to 21 and over sales. Sounds like most will stay to take care of their patients though.

17. Are there any plans to let non-CO residents with medical cards from other states into CO medical dispensaries?  Or will they have to buy retail?

18. Why didn't you just ask these questions when you got your rec? Woulda been a lot more informative.

19. Colorado sounds chill as fuck now. Just grow weed and you don't have to worry about anything.

Doppeeeeeeee

20. I just can't imagine a legalized NY. The delivery services are already the bomb, so what's next? A vending machine full of handrolled joints? Bud sections in Starbucks? Oh God....please get Marijuana legalized world-wide.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Grasscity Forum mobile app