9 Mind-Blowing Marijuana Gadgets That Will Revolutionize Weed Smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Verdurous, Jun 20, 2013.

1. #1 Verdurous, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
    9 Mind-Blowing Marijuana Gadgets That Will Revolutionize Weed Smoking
    Posted: 06/19/2013 5:49 pm EDT  |  Updated: 06/19/2013 6:49 pm EDT
    By Eleazar David Melendez  |  Eleazar.Melendez@huffingtonpost.com

[​IMG]
    As investors flock to the expanding marijuana industry, new marijuana gadgets are emerging, promising to improve your pot-smoking experience. (AP Photo/DEA Strike Force, File)

A gadget that turns any Starbucks venti cup into a bong, a power cleaner for resin-clogged pipes, and chewing gum that cures cotton mouth are among products that marijuana aficionados may see in their favorite head shops before the end of the year.
    \nA flock of American businesses, seeking to take advantage of an investment rush into the marijuana industry, are behind a wave of new weed-smoking accessories designed to improve on such classic devices as the bong, the pipe and the one-hitter. The new so-called ganjapreneurs are hoping to capitalize on a speculative mania that cannabis industry insiders call a “green rush.”
    \n“People have been trying to do this for a really long while and now is really the time,” said Ross Kirsh, owner at New York based Quark, which creates accessories used to store and display medical marijuana.
    \nAt two marijuana business networking conferences last week in New York, ganjapreneurs shook hands, smoked joints, made deals, and shared plans for profiting from the creeping legalization of pot. Nineteen states and the District of Columbia allow medical marijuana, and two states, Colorado and Washington, legalized recreational adult use of cannabis last year. The federal government still considers pot illegal to possess or use.
    \n“There was a lot of uncertainty in this business in 2011," Kirsh said. "People were hesitant to see where business would go after what was a federal crackdown. But after legalization in Colorado and Washington, the attitude has completely changed.”
    \nLos Angeles-based Royght! plans to sell a gadget that fits snugly atop the standard-issue wax-paper cups used by takeout restaurants. For $19.95, super-sized becomes super high.
    \nMatt Luxton, the company's 30-year-old owner, said he's gone through 24 prototypes, but believes “lucky number 25” is ready for market. He said designing, manufacturing and -- particularly -- testing his product has been an eye-opening experience for him as an entrepreneur.
    \n“One of the things we've found in testing is people like the ability to fill the cup up with whatever -– coffee, orange juice, vodka, Coca-Cola from the McDonald's fountain -– and smoke through that,” Luxton said.
    Click on the slideshow below to see eight other products likely to come out of the marijuana industry's “green rush.”
    \n[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Thanks for sharing. Looks interesting.

3. #3 Scribbles510, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
    None of those even came close to blowing my mind.

Half of the products were just cases and jars (although I'm not gonna lie, attaching a magnifying glass to the mason jar was a good idea). The other products have either been done before, or I wouldn't want to use them. A steel pipe that doubles as a belt buckle? I don't want to smoke out of a 2 inch metal pipe and I don't want my belt buckle stinking like fucking resin. Also, I'm cool off of smoking out of a coffee cup. I'll just use my bubbler thanks. And $19.95 for that lid?! I can buy a bubbler for $40! That way I don't have to smoke out of a wax paper contraption.

4. I know OP wasn't the one that came up with the title, but I agree far from mind blowing or revolutionary. Still though, the anti-cottonmouth gum will be convenient if it works. 

5. There won't be any of them top how much Zig-Zag papers has made for the last 40 years I know of.

6. My MFLB already heats my weed up in 2 seconds.

7. It isn't about the products. It's about companies investing money for marijuana and marijuana products. This is a good sign. Legalization is just around the corner.

You are completely missing the point. It's made to improvise, be disposable and discreet. Your bubbler is, none of the above. 

9. They have been doing it since 1996. Nothing new. Far from meaning legalization is around the corner.

10. #10 Verdurous, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    lol That's implied if you try comprehending the article rather than bashing it based on its sensationalist title, which you'd think you would come to expect from journalism nowadays. lol

A flock of American businesses, seeking to take advantage of an investment rush into the marijuana industry, are behind a wave of new weed-smoking accessories designed to improve on such classic devices as the bong, the pipe and the one-hitter. The new so-called ganjapreneurs are hoping to capitalize on a speculative mania that cannabis industry insiders call a “green rush.”

“People have been trying to do this for a really long while and now is really the time,” said Ross Kirsh, owner at New York based Quark, which creates accessories used to store and display medical marijuana.

At two marijuana business networking conferences last week in New York, ganjapreneurs shook hands, smoked joints, made deals, and shared plans for profiting from the creeping legalization of pot.

11. I haven't really come across anything "new" that hasn't been around for years already. Dab equipment is really about it. Glass has been improving more and more well before legalization. The best vaporizers on the market have been around for over a decade as well. 

12. Why be discreet, when these guys feel strongly enough about the upcoming legalization (or at least acceptance) of marijuana to invest in these products? You're saying the lid that costs 20 dollars is supposed to be disposable? I must be missing the point

13. New doesn't inherently mean innovative in the provided context. Yes, the title says revolutionize, but more in a business rather than design sense. Sure, these gadgets aren't new inventions, but they are still a part of a new wave of investment and production, the actual subject of this article.

14. "Buckle Puffer" LMAO

15. "Kashit"

they are really bad at making names

16. As I said. They have been doing it since 96 out here. Here is a good example. Like 4-5 years ago they came out weed infused soda( that is something cool). You could sit in a normal placr out in public and medicate without worry. There were coperations investing in it from the get go. So let me say it one more time for you. It's nothing new here. Malbro is one of the bigger investors in ca because they want to be the first ones in when it becomes legal.

17. Nothing in this article contradicts what you're saying. It never says there have been no investments in the industry since 1996 or that this is anything groundbreaking. I'm sorry if you aren't able to understand what they mean by "investment rush" as opposed to the regular investing that's been going on since 1996.

18. Only one that might be useful is the cup topper bubbler thing.  It would be good for people who drive a lot and don't want to bring a bubbler on the road to toke.  That being said though one could always just roll up or grab a dry pipe, but at least the cup thing is more non-descript than a glass piece.

I'd feel a lot better throwing that away instead of the pipe I threw away in Vegas. For 20 bucks that is a sweet bong. I'd much rather use that then an acrylic bong. 

Think about it, you'd never have to clean your bong, just throw it away. Only thing you'd have to clean is the bowl. The starbucks lid would fit over the cup too so nobody would even think twice. 

20. I'm not sure on this, but doesn't most gum already cure cotton mouth? Haha