How-To : Fimming and Topping made Easy

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by DierWolf, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Thanks for the instructions! i was a bit apprehensive about fimming since it's my first grow, so i waited till the plant got a bit bigger (5 weeks old) and did the procedure... i hope i did everything right :) we'll see in a couple of days

2. it took a bit more than a couple of days to see definite results, but now i can say - success! :hello: Thanks again for the guide

Attached Files:

3. nice bro great tips and tutoria and everyhting really make it easy for anyone new

4. id read in augusts thread about this sticky,,,, i knew when the time was right id visit it.

the timesright good very detailed info. i topped my only lst plant about 2 wks. ago and im ready to fim it,,, and start really stressing it,, lets hope its a lady... :eek:

5. HIGH All, hey TechnoMage you sure can.....glad to see no one cutting All the leaves O.F.F.F.

Grow chicken Grow.....and my Fingers, Toes and eYeS crossed for you it's a lady Also.

6. If one is to combine fiming and lst(which i gather u are doing dierwolf) how does one get the best results? Should you start with lst and then fim the lowest pair of tops when they are going up? I was thinking so one gets a pretty even height of the plant..

• Like Like x 1
  7. No you fim the longest branches, this slows the top growth to allow shorter branches to catch up at the same time creating multiple ends at the Fim point.

8. Yeah, that was actually what I meant(I was referring to the branches that is the furthest down the stem, I suppose these are the ones that get long first..)
    Tnx!

9. Switch to 18/6... plant will grow much better with more sleep and show sex easier. Plant is quite small for its age but is branching nicely.

Are you giving it good air circulation? when i say that i mean air fresh in Co2 (like outside air not indoor air)

When you say 100watts of floro, is that Equivalent wattage or actual flourescent wattage (example, multiple 32w compact flourescents)

10. option 1 is to keep the window cracked open to let the stale air out and fresh air in.

Option 2 is fashioning some sort of plenum over the cracked window area and ducting that air to the box. (this is the better option for proper growth)

11. hmm.. interesting i am definately going to do something, thanks. Also here is a picture of what I am hoping to be female traits .. i dont know if this is the hairs from what i see in the male/female pictures or if its my mind wanting it to be a fmale so bad lol check it out [​IMG]

12. Dont see any hairs, but i do see a hint of 2 white wispy things at the very top can you focus in on that?

13. Excellent thread (added to bookmarks)

You mentioned on the first page of doing this when the plant is in first week of flower.

Having read my thread (1st attempt bg) Would you think this would be the right way to go ?

And only the very top bud right?

Thanks again excellent thread :)

Cam

14. WEll you could just switch it to 12/12 if your in a hurry to find the sex and once it shows switch back to 18/6... Up to you.

15. Thanks for all the replys, you rule:smoking:

16. how do you think NL would react to topping? im planning to on my next grow and i was wondering , will it definetely grow back? i dont wanna fuck it up and it doesnt grow lol..

17. NL should do very well.

18. Thank you so much WOLF MAN!!

Great information