Zenpen Portable Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by zenpen, Jun 18, 2013.

1. A couple of the perks end in 9, so eventually you'll end up with a total ending in 1.

:smoking:

2. Also it could have been someone just contributing $1.  You can look into the funders list and some people did contribute $1.  This was because Trevor from Grasshopper vape asked everyone to contribute, even if it could only be $1 at the time, as eventually with enough funders (regardless of amount) they could get onto indiegogo's front page and get more advertisement/support to reach their $100k goal.

Lol just the same, but that's probably why you see some $1 contributions.

3. Can't wait tho guys, I really hope this gets to completion.  Haven't been this excited in a while :)

4. $1 is better that no dollars

5. I just saw their stretch goals, I want the water pipe adapter!

The early bird special I got is going to a friend, ordered another one for me. Got the dark grey anodized Ti. I really like the blue one but I'm going for discrete.

:smoke:

6. I see you quoted my post, so i guess your comment was directed at me. But please note that I'm not speculating about anything. I asked lwein to stop posting negative comments based only on HIS speculation. So if there are forum rules being broken, please direct your comments at the person breaking them.

7. #147 lwien, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
    Juke, for Gods sake, give it up already.   It's just ironic that you keep bringing up that which you don't want brought up.   If my comments on Grasshopper shed any bad light on them, all you are doing is perpetuating it.  

Like I said two days ago, "You will not hear anymore from me on this as long as you don't keep bringing this subject up." ----post #128, this thread.

Why you keep perpetuating a conversation that you wish didn't happen in the first place is beyond me.

8. If you're done, why do you keep returning to it? I wasn't addressing you, I was addressing Yosh139, who seemed to be confused about who was doing the speculating. That would be you, lwein.

BTW, whether or not you're done with this conversation matters absolutely not all to me. You pulled a dick move, I called you on it, and because you don't like that, I'm going to forget about it? That's cute!

9. Achhh..............

From what I read, both of you were. I think Iwien knows what he's talking about given he has over 7000 posts on two forums.

GRASSHOPPER now, please. The guy's posts are gone and all we can do is speculate over it, which is very much useless to do so given we have no insight on his motives. The mods banned him on suspicion of spam. Get over it please so we can make this thread a Grasshopper thread, not who's doing what.

In an attempt to make this post useful, $99 is less than their intended $120 for the vaporizer. Or is that because it's still the kickstarter? Still, very reasonable for a convection vape. I cannot wait until reviews start popping up!

11. From what I've read here, on FC and reddit they say this is the cheapest they will ever be available. They haven't announced the full retail price yet, speculation is in the $150-200 range.

They are keeping the momentum going, almost $45,000 raised as of this morning.
    I hope they hit the $150,000 stretch goal, I want the water pipe adapter.

Wow $200. Still, for a convection vaporizer like this it'll be competing against shitty pen vaporizers like the Atmos. Really the only competition they have is against the T-vape.

13. I saw some posts over on FC from folks who were talking about signing up for the 'holiday gift package' offered at indiegogo so they could get their units before the stated February release date. Although it looks like a good deal and a good idea, it won't help anyone get their Grasshopper sooner.  Those who sign up for the holiday package will get a card in time for the holidays that tells them they've got a Grasshopper coming, but they'll have to wait until February to get the actual Grasshopper just like everyone else.

So because he has more posts, that makes him right?  Quantity doesn't equal quality.  He admitted he was just speculating, but was willing to error on the side of posting negative comments about the company even knowing he might be wrong.  I don't care how many posts someone has, that's just not cool.  How does that make me wrong?  <--That's a rhetorical question BTW - no reply expected.  He made his cynical point, I made my pragmatic one, so I'm done with this debate and happy to drop it here.

15. I like this forum because it communal, informative, and we share many (but not all) beliefs and values. Generally speaking spammers have no place here because it cheapens the conversation. I however think that we should cut whoever is responsible some slack (grasshopper affiliated or not). The folks at grasshopper are trying to create a solid reliable product that delivers what many in our community want:
    • Portable
    • Simple
    • Well Constructed
    • Affordable 
    So why should we cut them slack and consider their product? Because they are not some conglomerate selling crap as cheap as they can. They are young engineering entrepreneurs (from what I can tell) that genuinely want to get rich by building a better mousetrap. They seem like they would fit in here under different circumstances.

All I'm saying is that in their position, it's their shot to take on the world and live by their minds and their innovation: we the gc community should support that. Is it so bad that someone comes in here and says: "Hey you, I recognize that you are a member of an influential community that my product really will help." Check it out.  I for one respect that they didn't build some sockpuppet account. Original account was called "zenpen".

Let's just hope their product is as awesome as our hopes, and that they do well in their launch. We are all brothers/sisters after all. IMHO. 

16. Guys, $50,022.  Shit is getting real :)

Anyone have any speculation on the pricing of the green should 115k be raised?  I'd be guessing same as Titanium but who knows.

17. The other colors cost $145, $5 more than just Ti.
    I'd guess the same cost, but who knows, it shouldn't cost more to make it green than one of the other colors.

18. When you buy a colored grasshopper, when do you say what color you want?

19. They will send you an email inquiring what color you want when the campaign ends, I sent an email to them at the address for special orders listed on the gogo page.

New stretch goals, I'd order the SS version of the case for $25. Not sure it's worth $40 for the back Ti version.
    And an oil chamber if their campaign reaches $200,000.

Everybody order another one!

20. Things are looking very good for the Grasshopper.  They've raised over 3/4 of the target $ goal in one week, and there is a lot of good information that has been added to their page at the crowd funding site indiegogo.  Info about the design, manufacturing, and accessories that, IMO, should have been available on their own site long ago.  Better late than never, I guess...

Anyway, they're over $77k now, closing in on the $100k crowd funding goal.  Good for them, and hopefully, good for us!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grasshopper-vaporizer