Zenpen Portable Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by zenpen, Jun 18, 2013.

1. #201 lwien, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013

Ummmm, I don't agree with you cky.    Juke's been a member here since 2011 and has many other posts that have nothing to do with the GH.   

My shilldar is one of the best there is, and I think I may have pointed out more shills on this forum as well as at FC than just about anyone, but juke doesn't show up on my screen.    Could be using really good stealth technology though, but I don't think so.  :confused_2:

2. #202 juke52, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
    That's funny!

I'm not defending anything. I'm looking at the evidence and arriving at my own conclusions. If you think anyone who disagrees with you and your cynical and pessimistic view has some hidden agenda, you're being paranoid. Try a nice Indica, and cut back on your dosage a bit, it'll mellow you out. :)

3. [quote name="lwien" post="19124719" timestamp="1386523294"]Ummmm, I don't agree with you cky. Juke's been a member here since 2011 and has many other posts that have nothing to do with the GH. My shilldar is one of the best there is, and I think I may have pointed out more shills on this forum as well as at FC than just about anyone, but cky doesn't show up on my screen. Could be using really good stealth technology though, but I don't think so. :confused_2:[/quote]NSA loves me so I'm a ninja on GC.I guess reading about spam marketing and smoking all day made me a little paranoid :smoking: If Iwien vouches for you, you're cool with me.

4. They've now passed $200k in funding, and still have a week left in the campaign.

Nobody knows yet how well the final product will work. Whether it lives up to the hype remains to be seen, but I'm optimistic. Here's why: if they were running some sort of scam, they're really doing a bad job of it by being so transparent about (most of) the process. The fact that they're not revealing every technical detail isn't surprising - if I'd put in all the r&d they claim to (much of it documented along the way), I wouldn't give it away either. That would be foolish and self defeating.

If my GH arrives in Feb and it's a POS, I'll be leading the charge in calling these guys out on it. But a few possible marketing missteps aside, I believe these guys have honorable intentions, and I'm willing to put up my $99 and wait until Feb to pass judgment. YMMV.

5. Very well put.
    I concur.

:smoke:

6. #206 lwien, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
    New vid:

http://youtu.be/AQdz6nuYxUQ

Vapor production can't come close to a desktop (or to what some other portables can accomplish) which is contrary to what GH has stated, but not too bad.   The ABV still looked a bit green though.  

Edit:   Just noticed that the temp in this vid was set at 360F.   At that temp, the vapor production is quite nice, actually.

7. Personally, I'm pleased with what I see. I have felt like the "hits harder than a desktop" comment has been blown out of proportion.
    That's a lot of vapor for only 360F, and coming out of something the size of a large ink pen.
    I'm eagerly waiting for delivery.

:smoke:

I'm eagerly waiting for independent reviews.   

9. I fully understand the need for most people to hear from an independent reviewer.
    I would have contributed a few dollars even if it wouldn't have got me anything. I just felt like this is the kind of project that needs some grassroots support. A couple young guys fresh out of college who are trying to "reinvent the mousetrap."
    I just happen to really want their new "mousetrap!" :)

Regardless of their claims, if it outperforms the MFLB I will be totally satisfied. Which, from the videos I've seen won't be a problem.

You set the bar pretty low there, Jojo. ;)

11. Can't wait for this to be released & for many reviews to be made!
    So pumped to get one of these retro looking pens :D

12. Retro?   Really?

13. I really hope they pull through with their 5 second heating time claim. To me, that is most important in a stealthy portable.

With my Pax, the heating time (and in-turn, cool down time) is pretty long when it comes to stealth. Waiting for my bud to heat up and cool down for so long while all those extra terpenoids are being boiled into the air isn't exactly the most stealthy way of going about smoking. Which is the reason I stick to my quick heat-up and cool-down MFLB when I'm indoors.

If this thing can really perform on par with their claims, there is no doubt in my mind I will be selling my Pax for this piece. Or maybe even my MFLB too...

14. #214 Jojo0420, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
    Honestly, probably a bit too low.
    But I won't be upset if it at least outperforms my MFLB.
    How about better than a Solo, without extreme draw restriction?
    I've never used a Solo, but from the info available to me I'd say it out performs the MFLB pretty well.
    The form factor is the kick for me, probably the reason I never got a Solo, a pen is super portable and discreet. I want a portable that is easily concealable and not bulky to carry around. The MFLB won that battle for me years ago. There is a learning curve there, but with time and patience I felt it was the better buy for me at the time. And I still support Magic Flight when possible, but only use my MFLB when absolutely required by the situation. Super stealthy, quick and discreet.

I want this type of form factor (pen) and >Solo performance.

:bongin:

15. Don't hate man haha. :p

16. Looks like a lot of people who were waiting on the sidelines are now hurrying to hop on board at $99 in the last few hours of the fundraising campaign, which ends tonight.  They've raised over $60k just in the last 24 hours.  Current total is $357,687.  I have to think this is WAY beyond what they expected.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grasshopper-vaporizer