Former Tea Party Governor Makes Possession Of Bong A Felony

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DragonMage, Jun 14, 2013.

1. The Supreme Court of our state (which has been decriminalized since the 70's) ruled that dirty BONG WATER can be added to the total weight of your charges.

There is stupidity going on everywhere.

The justices were right-leaning. Our governor is left-leaning and panders to the police union, like the right-leaning guy before him.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

2. A quick (and I mean quick) google search shows that the opening post is completely wrong.  The law made is a misdameanor for a smoke shop to sell a bong, and a felony if they get caught doing it again.  Always be careful when you hear alarmist stuff in forums.  Quite frankly, anyone reading the first post should have had a B.S. alarm go off in their head.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/25/florida-bong-ban-passes_n_3156442.html

3. What does it matter if its one time or two times before felony? You're splitting hairs. No one is going to take that risk.
    And its not alarmist when other states and municipalities have implemented similar laws already??

4. You seem to be missing the underlying point of all of this. Despite the contents of the law and the possible effects of it there are still people in positions of power that are still ignorant enough to implement these kinds of measures. This is a problem. People have been fighting for decades to change the minds of these politicians who are blinded by their ignorance of marijuana and despite the success of these endeavors there are still people like these Florida politicians who call pipes 'tools of death.' Rather then calling out the OP for posting this story you should be emailing Fla congressmen.

5. The politicians won't listen until their laws are no longer able to be enforced due to a populous tired of the drug war and their usage of jury nullification. Writing those responsible for this corruption and pleading with them to change things sounds like a serious waste of time. I've tried it. And as expected, serious waste of time.

6. Yeah, I live in Floriduh, and have signed petitions and emailed my reps many times only to get shitty responses or none at all...starts to make me wonder if doing so will make me a target....

7. I pointed out an obvious, and in my opinion grievous, misstatement of the facts.  The post said that possession of a bong was a felony.  The law does not address possession, it addresses the sale of a bong.  Furthermore, the law states that it is still alright to sell the bongs if they are used for tobacco (from the Huffington Post):

'But before passing, the bill was watered down to make it "unlawful for a person to knowingly and willfully sell or offer for sale at retail any drug paraphernalia... other than a pipe that is primarily made of briar, meerschaum, clay or corn cob."
    Retailers, however, can still sell the devices for use with tobacco -- so if signed into law by Florida Governor Rick Scott as expected, the bill won't have much effect.'  (emphasis added)
    It is not even a felony the first time the retailer sells a bong for use with marijuana, that is a misdameaner, the second offense is a felony.  This matters because, as the law is written, the retailer would have to knowingly sell the items for use with marijuana,  A little descretion in the case of the retailer relieves this burden.  If you are stupid enough to lack this descretion after getting caught once, then you are charged with a felony.
    It accomplishes nothing to wail and whine about laws that are not on the books.  If you truly wish to effect change address the facts and only the facts.  Hyperventilating to something that is obvious B.S. will only make you look foolish.
    It is obvious that no one else that commented in this thread bothered to read the original article, or did a simple google search for a credible source.  In addition, if you had done any research on the auther of the blog you would have found this on wikipedia:  
    'Alexander Emerick "Alex" Jones (born February 11, 1974) is an American radio host, author, conspiracy theorist...He has accused the U.S. government of being involved in the Oklahoma City bombing,<sup>[8]</sup> the September 11 attacks,<sup>[9]</sup>and the filming of fake Moon landings to hide NASA's secret technology<sup>[10]</sup> and the killing of "thousands of astronauts".<sup>[11]</sup> Rolling Stone covers his belief that government and big business have colluded to create a New World Order through "manufactured economic crises, sophisticated surveillance tech and-above all-inside-job terror attacks that fuel exploitable hysteria.'
    Does he sound credible to you? 
    Before you lecture me about writing my congressman, do a little research into an obviously erroneous post.  I am as much of an advocate of marijuana as anyone, but the display put forth in this thread makes us all lose credibility.  Get it together people.

8.  So pretty much it's like most of America...

Don't go in and talk about getting some nice rips with your dank sour....

Stay quiet and say water pipe if you have too.

9. i think that sums up america pretty well