America Lost The Civil War.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yurigadaisukida, Jun 12, 2013.

1. I always was brainwashed to believe that the union were civilized do gooders that wanted us to stand together for strength and abolish slavery.

But of late I've realized the truth. And the reason Lincoln was assassinated.

The catalyst that started the war was the abolishion of slavery. Supposedly. That's the focal point in most history classes. And the discussion is usually followed by the underground railroad.

The media tries to brainwash us to believe Confederate stereotypes are ignorrant racist Hicks.

But the truth if far more sinister.

The real reason there was a civil war; was because the federal government wanted to take away the tenth ammendment.

Slavery is wrong and would have eventually been abolished.

The civil war was a power grab by the federal government.

They rallied the people under the guise of "self preservation". They claimed that if we are to survive as a nation; we need to stand together.

But we already stood together. We beat the strongest military in the world with little more then guerilla warfare. And we beat them twice

Lincoln was assassinated because he single handedly destroyed the country by setting the stage for takeover by world banking cartels.
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What "strongest military in the world" do you refer to? The English? When did that happen twice? The civil war was between the Union and the Confederates right? Did the English fight alongside one of them, if so which side? I know the Union won the civil war but I would think the English would fight alongside them, and that the confederates (who lost) were the ones using guerilla tactics. Or aren't you talking about the English?

Excuse my ignorance on the subject.

3. Show me proof that thew federal government was trying to take away the 10th amendment? This thread is ridiculous.

4. #4 ChillFave, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    slavery is wrong and would've been abolished anyway? apartheid is wrong and it wasn't abolished until a hundred years after the war, and it's still going on, we have yet to reach a quality standard of living for all communities.

the economic exploitation of other people is definitely wrong, and that should have been attacked, but it's defined our business over the centuries so just forget changing that.

whatever, the only reason we won those wars was cause of our slaves doing the unholy work, and that class separation has always been going on up til recently.

The English were the strongest military force in the world at the time, we beat them in the American Revolution and the War of 1812, at least I think that's what he was referring to.

Oh I see. What was the war of 1812 about? And when did the civil war take place?

7. LOL. Really?

8. The civil war wasn't fought over slavery.

They teach you that in history, but they emphacize the slavery part and make it sound like it was

9. Is there something wrong with Malvolio's post? Seems like if you make a claim, you should be able to back it up. 

10. Is there something wrong with Malvolio's post? Seems like if you make a claim, you should be able to back it up.

</blockquote>
    Sorry i thought civil was was.common knowledge.

In history class you learn the the Confederates wanted to secede from the union because the union wanted.to infringe on the rights of the states (tenth ammendment)

11. Hardly proof. Try again.

12. From.wikepedia

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' > To Northerners, in contrast, the motivation was primarily to preserve the Union, not to abolish slavery. [10] Abraham Lincoln consistently made preserving the Union the central goal of the war, though he increasingly saw slavery as a crucial issue and made ending it an additional goal. [11]
    </blockquote>
    The civil war was fought over the right to secede from the union. It was because the union (fed) were infringing on states rights.

The wikepedia article even said that slavery was not the issue

It was the turning.point. the issue that put them over the edge.

13. Hardly proof. Try again.

</blockquote>
    Done. Its common knowledge. Sorry you didn't know about it.

Did you skip history in school?

14. Malvolio is from the UK I believe.   Common knowledge or not, when you make an assertion, you should be able to back it up.  

15. Malvolio is from the UK I believe. Common knowledge or not, when you make an assertion, you should be able to back it up.
    </blockquote>
    Your right. I shoulda realized not everyone knows American history

16. Yes. The US is one out of almost 200 nations, each with their own unique history. 

Now about that proof... 

17. #18 A Rational Psychopath, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    I'm not taking a side. I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with your statements.

18. You've done nothing but criticism others and post a wikipedia article.

19. Yes. The US is one out of almost 200 nations, each with their own unique history.

Now about that proof...
    </blockquote>
    Well i cited wikepedia. Is there a good online history book?

The things i.posted are directly.from the history books