Whats Your Dream Build/project? Somewhat Realistic ;)

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Deleted member 97913, Jun 9, 2013.

1. I want to build something along the lines of a formula off road car but street legal, a little lower with some smaller wheels, and I want to use a p-pumped cummins 24v and have it put out around 800hp.. :D

2. Take my 200hp turbo beetle, put a k04 big turbo kit on it, upgrade fuel system, 3in turbo back, big intercooler upgrade, APR Carbonio intake, APR tune, lower 2-2.5in in front and 1.5-2in in back, 3d carbon front splitters, remove stock spoiler and find a roof spoiler instead, blackout turbo badge with matching body paint, blackout all chrome, full legal tint on rear windows.

All in all, should take my 200 ponies to 475.

Oh and just for fun, traction control on/off, and rear shaved tires.

3. My dream build would be a black ke70 carolla with a sr20det with rocker-stopers, larger turbo, front mount intercooler 3" exhaust, varex adjustable muffler, coil overs, ssr mk3 wheels, half cage and sway bar upgrades.

My build that's just starting is an r31 skyline rb30de with upped compression ratio, 2.5" exhaust, welded diff, coil overs, bucket seat, deep dish steering wheel and wannabes or ssr formula mesh

4. currently working on getting my rx7 running smooth.  but one of my dream cars would be any year rx8 with a 20b swap.  that would kick ass.

5. Solid axle swap for my old 4 banger ranger.

6. In my future I'd be happy with three things
    Mkiii supra targa with a 2jz on e85. 264 cams and I'm thinking single gtx35r. Roll the fenders and fit some nice sticky 285's in the back.
    I can't decide, either a 90's sti wagon, or a forester both with an ej207 and six speed w/ dccd. Just a good tune and basic reliable upgrades with a discreet exhaust and nice tires.
    And a triumph speed triple, all black. I think I prefer the round headlights. Some travel bags and maybe power/gearing changes in the future and I'm set

7. Ah, I am an automotive painter for a living. I have seen some beautiful colors, effects, and the whole nine. 

My current car was left to me by my deceased mother, she passed as I was a freshman in highschool, she left me a 1980 Trans Am as my first car. I drove it through highschool and college. I am going to run a restomod. The chevrolet 5.3 is an amazing engine, do some research if you're a muscle car guy. The 5.3 can be built to withstand a hell of a lot of horsepower, so I am going to run a 5.3 pushing about 800HP and instead of a trans am bird, I am going to airbrush an angel in her memory on the hood.

Paint? Leave that to me, Black basecoat with a blue pearl effect on the flop. Clearcoat cut so slick it'll look like a sheet of glass. American Torq Thrust 2's with bigs and skinnys, filly caged and ready to rock. Pretty much what I am going to do to my dream car when I can get an original or make a replica, the 1970 Plymouth Superbird  :)

8. sounds cool, would like to see pictures when thats done

9. Completely built k20 block with k24 head in a 98 integra. A good 300 hp all motor daily driver

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. fully built naturally aspirated e36 m3!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. K20a2 swap my 91 civic i have now from the D15. Find an AWD wagon and swap it. Throw a good transmission in. Lower it on full adjustable strong coilovers. Sway bars n such. Put a nice JDM chin lip on it and make sure it's slightly slightly raked. If i could i'd throw it on some CCW Classics deep dish. The rest would remain stock. It's be a MONSTER and noone would ever see it coming.

12. To finish my b16 Crx turbo build. Then get my dream car( 240z) and either swap it with an LS1 or RB26 and build from there.

Attached Files:

13. Haha why not a supercharger...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. My BMW 135 has a new forged internal engine rebuild almost done. Even has new high flow heads. Going from the stock turbos to a single FFTEC 5862. Has a wider wheel stance, FX400 clutch, meth injection and a few other goodies. Once the tune is complete I have some suspension mods to get her ready for road courses.

15. Amc gremlin with a modded 2jz.

16. Right now i have a 91 Civic hatch. I really really wish i could swap in the short track AWD and a K24 N/A, spend a good amount of money to do a proper full adjustable coilover set up all around. I'd prefer to have it built for AutoX or a little bigger. 350-390 HP N/A, strip the car down to bare bones and need interior to DD it. It'd be quick on the quarter and a ridiculous little ride for corners. Of course it'd take alot of money but when it was done it would be sooo worth it.

17. Because BLOWOFF VALVE NOISE
    There's a long line of reasons, most of which are subjective...idk a turbo'd v8 and a burly 5 speed just seems like hilarious fun. If I've ever got 30-40 grand to lay out on this dream buggy, it won't be for anything other than hooning and maybe jumping parked ramp trucks :D

18. Fuck it, twincharge that bitch.

Yo that post ^ is for you lol.

19. #159 mercinariesgtr, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014

Most of the time when i think of supercharger vs turbo its more what your goals are. IMHO its kinda depends on displacement; my car has a 4agze where i ripped off the super and added a turbo, why ? turbo is more efficient, achieves higher boost levels, is actually serviceable(unlike the sc12) but this engine is only 1.6 liters so 8 psi doesnt make too much hp, you need a turbo so you can crank 20psi. On a ls7 or 5.0 modular motor (or 5.4 if your real cool) you toss on a supercharger, its easy and doesnt require fucking with exhaust and probably comes as a kit and voila you have 600whp or more depends on what you do to it. You could do a turbo and get 1000 hp but 600 to the wheels is probably more than you ll ever need on the street

20. 62 impala ss, convertible, triple black.