Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Weed After Brain Surgery

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by blazejackson, Jun 6, 2013.

1. I just wanted some opinions on smoking weed after brain surgery. My boyfriend was in a car accident where he fractured his skull and needed head surgery. He smoked weed all of the time before the accident and I'm just worried after having such major surgery if it is still good for him? He was smoking again 6 days later and it made him feel better. Anyone have any info if it could cause healing problems?

2. fuck it its not brain surgery ha

3. It helps with imflamation and regrowing brain cells.. so maybe..

4. I'm NOT IN ANY CAPACITY a medical professional, but I don't see how it could be harmful.  Cannabis has been shown to induce cell death in brain tumor cells while leaving all normal brain cells, nerves etc. unharmed (CBD protects nerves).  Ask the doc, HIPPA prevents him from telling anyone if you're concerned in that regard.

5. NORML just released this on how cannabinoids actually protect the brain and heart from injury in low doses. http://blog.norml.org/2013/06/06/studies-cannabinoids-protect-the-brain-and-heart-from-injury/

I do not see how it could harm him but I am not a medical doctor so do not take my word for it. Although I do believe storm crow suffered a brain injury as a child and now uses cannabis to treat her migraines she gets from it. Cannabis is a pretty benign substance and I don't see how it could hurt him. 

6. I see no harm in this. It was just a brain surgery and the doctors obviously didn't mess up his brain. He was fine when he smoked before so he should be fine if he smokes after the surgery.