Looking To Buy A Vape (Need Advice)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by chillin420, Jun 3, 2013.

1. hi,

im looking to buy a vaporizer and i dont really know much about them, i have been looking online and the good ones can cost up to $200 or more. i dont really wanna pay that much as i could easily buy an ounce for that amount of money but i want to know what its like vaping, is the smoke not as harsh and is it worth the money? also it would be helpful if someone could go through the steps of how to vape and what you do etc as i couldnt find much by searching.

2. #2 lwien, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013

Here's something to consider.   My consumption was cut by more than half when I went from combusting to vaporizing so it didn't take long at all for the vaporizer to pay for itself in a pretty short period of time.   After that, it saved me money.  

Just one of the advantages of vaporizing.

Of course, the flip side is that you can one of those types of people that like vaping sooooooo much that you launch your tolerance level to another universe and vape just as much as you smoked.

3. Have any Arizer Solo owners got a power supply to power up and use (rather than charge) their Solo...?
    The reason I ask is that I want one, but they're around £40... Can't help feeling this is just a tad over priced..!
    If you have one, could you please post on here what the small print on it is (voltage is 9v I think, but don't know the the milli amps or anything)
    Thanks for reading me!

4. stop spamming.

6. ........??
    Explain this comment please.. Think I'm missing your point.

7. You didnt really have to post the same message in multiple threads.

8. thanks for spamming my thread fucktards, all i want is some advice on whats a good vape for a first time vape user geez

9. Vaporizing is amazing and I would definitely recommend it.to you.
    There are two different ways to vape.  One way is the whip method.  That is with the long hose almost like a hookah and you vape through the whip and have a mouthpiece.  The other way is the balloon method where you fill a bag or balloon with vape and pull from it that way.  Both ways

There are really 3 kinds of vapes basically, portable vapes, bag/baloon vapes and whip vapes.  Portable vapes have their purpose and can be more affordable but will be less efficient than the desk vapes.

What kind do you want?

I have a DBV and it has been great.  I think I paid $180 for the vaporizer.  I've spent money on more tubing, screens, and spare mouthpiece and wand.  Once you buy the vaporizer though you only need to worry about having extra screens which are really inexpensive.  I was convinced to buy extra wand and mouthpiece when I bought mine so that when I was cleaning the glass pieces that I could have another one cleaned and ready to go but it really hasn't been necessary. Good to have in case anything breaks though, for a quick replacement.   I also convinced to buy a custom knob which is cool but I could've went with the standard knob really.

Up to you with what you want.  It's definitely worth the money though.
    What is your method of smoking right now?

I figure if you're buying blunts than you're spending all that money on blunts/joints and lighters to keep smoking.  You're using a lot more weed than you need to and it's not good for your body at all.  You also will reek like a blunt.  Resinated fingers,etc.

If it's a pipe well sometimes you burn your finger trying to light the bowl.  Getting ash in your mouth.  Bad tasting hits, harsh hits.  It's a bitch to clean and gets clunked with resin.  Same thing with a bong basically.
    Vaporizers are just the way to go. Great weed tastes amazing and gives a great high.  Will have you feeling real good.

10. ^^^^^ What he said. 

I have a Hot Box and love it. Easy to use and once you get the hang of it, you can really control the highs. My cousin has a Volcano and that thing is awesome. The Hot Box is about $100 or so, while I believe a Volcano can be as much as $500 (correct me if I'm wrong). 

I'm a fan of vaporizing, but once in awhile, I still like to put a flame down too. 

11. A Vape is an investment, id only really reccomend the nice ones. And the reason they are an investment is because you will save money on herb in the long run. with a nice vape you can pack like 1/2 the ammount you pack in a bowl or bong and get double the high. i think there tottally worth it

12. I'd start with the DBV, it is a better vape than Extreme Q in my opinion and the best budget plug-in vape. You can get really thick clouds with this vape once you learn how to use it. Keep in mind it will take at least a few months for you to get accustomed to it. You can get an SSV if you want more money or want a nicer design. The best vape out right now is probably the Vape Xhale Cloud but it is an expensive premium vape and still in the beta stage.

Cheers

13. Have you used both the DBV and the EQ? I mean there is a solid factual reason for the DBV being better than the EQ(vapor path), but I didnt see you refer to that. The cloud is a great vape but what makes it better than a LSV?

I own both the DBV and EQ. The whip on the DBV is so much better than the whip/bag on the EQ that I just have to give the win to the DBV. The whip on the EQ after using the DBV is horrible in my opinion, and bags are a gimmick... takes way too long to get high if you have any tolerance.

I have not researched the LSV but in the vaporizer world (fuckcombustion.com) the winner is pretty clear.

15. I am an avid reader of FC as well and I have not noticed that website leaning any more towards the cloud than they do the LSV.

16. You can also use your vaped bud or "duff" to make weed brownies and edibles.  I usually would make cannabutter.

Also, you can scrape the wand after you've been using it a while and get a nice block of hash.  Nice to vape mixed in a bowl and will get you rocked.

17. Yea yea I posted this on a few other threads, but I didn't want to retype the same info.
    \nTo answer your question: Yes it is a lot less harsh than smoke.  The first week made my throat hurt, but ever since then it hasn't at all.  
    \nI only own vape pens, no vaporizers.  
    \nHonestly, don't waste your $ on 100$ or less vapes.  The cloud and atmos thermo both have a very fragile (and costly 20$) heating chamber.  I went through 3 cloud chambers in the 2 weeks I owned one, shit.  Also it gets filthy and has no filter to stop the oil/wax from melting down the mouth piece into your mouth.  I smiled after ripping my pen and my teeth were coated with oil.  Nasty shit.  Also, if you leave the pen laying down the oil will run into mouthpiece and stick to sides wasting your shit.  Then if you leave it striaght up and down the oil will drip into your battery ruining the battery and requiring a week for them to ship a new one.  The cloud also burnt the inside of my throat, really pissing me off.  I've sucked in burning roaches by accident sometimes, but no pain compairs to a raw throat from using a shitty pen with no filters.  Real shit-show of a pen, I loved it for a few days and now I'd rather lick dirt than hit this pen again.  I literally felt like someone was rubbing burning coals from my chin down my esophagus.  I can't say this with less certainty, DO NOT GET THIS PEN.  Well, unless you enjoy hurting, spitting brown wax up, and spending 20$ a week on new shitty atomizers that are made to break.  
    \nLet me ask you this:  If the cloud is "under warranty" why wouldn't they put the atomizer (that breaks constantly) under the warranty?  OOO let me tell you why, IT WAS MADE TO BREAK AND COST YOU MORE $.  This is the product manufactured by a very greedy company.  If you really want a cloud that much, shit hmu you can have mine for free.  I haven't touched it in months.
    \nAs for the atmos thermo I broke the atomizer within 24 hours.  Not worth it at all.  It, like the cloud, also has the wax-in-mouth issue.  Plus the Atmos company sent me the old design of the Atmos thermo instead of the newer for the same cost.  They sent me a plastic heating chamber.. great.  After my fourth dab I noticed all of the black around the ceramic chambeI r was melted.  Thanks for the cancer you probs sped up Atmos.  I already smoke cancer sticks on occassion, I do not need any more risk factors. I kind of have a bone to pick with cheap vape pens.
    \nAtmos raw is my vape pen I own and I got it for 140$, honestly, just save up for this bad boy if you really want a good vape pen.  This one actually has not one, but two filiters in it.  It is 100% ceramic and stainless steel.  No plastic fumes at all.  It looks like a replacable blu ecig and even lights up while heating giving it the ultimate swagger for a pen.  The heating chamber is boss, a spiral shaped coil at the bottom allows for all concentrates to be completely vaporized.  Also can be used with flowers! It has a warranty on it also, the only part that might break is the heating coil, but with my warranty it is a 20$ replacement.  I've never heard of a battery breaking, but they vouch to replace any broken RX battery unit for free (if under warranty).
    On the other hand, if you live in Colorado, get the REM Pen. which would you rather pay?  30$ or 140$ for a great pen? or 65$, 70$ for a piece of garbage that I promise will shit on you within a week. The REM Pen is the  Best freaking pen I've owned and for 30$.  Sure, having to buy new cartridges blows, but it tastes better, hits harder, and lasts longer than any pen I've owned for under 100$.  It's also made to fit in a 14mm downstem so you can rip it through almost any bong's downstem for a fatty vapor hit that doesn't burn at all.  
    \nEither save 40$ more for the Atmos RX or get the REM pen if in CO.  (IDK if they're sold in other states)  Please, for my and your sake, DO NOT get the cloud.  I said fuck the thermo 24 hours after my purchase so I can't really talk shit about it, but the cloud vape is shit.  Well not so much the vape, more the atomizer.  
    \nI personally love both my pens, but I have a new found love for the REM pen.  I bought it after asking my friend if he knew of any pens that looked/hit like the refillable ecigs.  He showed me his REM pen and I fell inlove with the design, the taste, the milky vapor, and the price.  The fact that I can walk into a dispensary and buy a cartridge for 25$ and have it be an infinite different kinds of weed is a plus too.  What sold me though?  The fact I've owned this thing for 4 weeks and I haven't needed to clean it once.  The RX needs to be cleaned at least 2-3 times a week depending on use and the cloud/thermo needs to be cleaned after almost every use if you aren't trying to eat wax.  The REM pen has an oil cartridge that requires no cleaning, only a replacement once completely vaporized.  
    \nI cannot emphasize this enough.  THE REM PEN IS THE BEST TASTING VAPE PEN I'VE EVER OWNED.  Every drag is like a greened bowl.  And every cartridge has an unique taste to it (being different strains of weed).  
    \n\nAlso screw the pax, it's just an overpriced RX with a weird shape.  I can't even rip my bong with it.  FAIL

18. GREAT thread, which I have been meaning to make.

It's not like I am totally clueless about vaporizers but I haven't ever had anyone give me a quality lesson on them. I've never tried one and only seen them in person briefly at a friends/parties and online.

I think the biggest reason for this is because people who tend to use vaps are so above and lost in connection with your regular pothead who smokes tree. They obviously are above us and either don't care to really give a good informational or don't know it's missing. Even Youtube vids tend to be weak.

I've been meaning to invest in a magic flight launch box.  No card= no oil.

Can anyone give me a guess on how much more powerful a flight launch box is to a bong?

Thanks in advance.

19. If you want a quality vape that will last you quite awhile, invest about $180 in an Herbalaire. I used to smoke and I've completely quit once I got my Herbalaire. The Herbalaire can be used with either bags or a whip (I personally use the whip with a 14mm male glass attachment  that hooks up to my bong and vape through the percs) but using only the whip works great too. I also bought a Atmos Thermo W so I can vape oils on the go (it looks just like an e-cig so you can basically use it anywhere). If you want to vape for Health reasons, or just an overall more efficient method, take a look at the Herbalaire 

20. If You are looking to buy a vape , check www.vapeworld.com . they are licensed and Authorized dealers of only the best vaporizers. if u buy from unauthorized dealers your factory warranty is void . The customer service is without comparison they answer your questions fast and to the point and even if u had a satisfactory experience they'll send u free goodies with every purchase , Iv talk to Dale, Chad , and Zack all three where very helpful and answered my questions ( i didn't have to call three times ? I called once and dale send me an email with the info , Zack answered all my questions and gave me a diacount because the order was about 20 dollars more than I had, and Chad sent some goodies. Again dont look further buy from vapeworld.