Ph Meter Arrived Dry. Company Says It Is Normal?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Pawt+Head, May 31, 2013.

1. So from what I read on here and other cannabis forums, your pH meter must not arrive with it's probe dry, as this permanently damages the probe apparently.

I bought an oakton ph2  http://www.amazon.com/Oakton-EcoTestr-Waterproof-Tester-Range/dp/B004G8PWAU      it arrived bone dry.

Says in the manual to rehydrate with a 7.00 solution which I did and I guess everything is working as it should... but I honestly dont know 100% and that bothers me. For all I know all my pH readings have been off because of this? (i have no proof of that though, my plant is healthy enough i suppose...)

I also emailed the company (Oakton) and they stated the same thing, simply rehydrate the probe with the solution..... So the information I have is very conflicting.  Most forums say dry probe = a bad/dead probe.... So really need some advice here.

Does anybody have any knowledge on these pH probes/meters and could soothe my worries? If your tools are actually off/broken, yet you are led believe they are in working order then you are going to be set up for failure.

Thanks !

2. I have the same one, came dry. works fine and i do 3 pt calibrations every 5th use or so and it has never been more than 0.1 pH off so far.

3. Of course its gonna be dry when u get it. Its brand new don't let it dry out after u hydrate for the first time. What did u think they were gonna send it to you soaking in solution. Its common sense

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. all mine have all come dry! no problem!

This, you're fine. Not sure how you were expecting them to ship it out wet either. If you bought it in a store, this would be different, but one of the very minor fallbacks of buying online.