Perpetual LST Scrog With Dingus

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dingus, May 29, 2013.

1. Those are some beautiful plants you have there, amazing colors. 

2. thanks international! I think so too :) my most beautiful to date! The reddish/purple and the light bleached parts that then turned pink are so beautiful! I'm very excited to run somango #3 again. I only got one clone to root though. I have two of somango #2 though which isn't as colorful but is making chunkier buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #1363 theratdude64, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  4. ya you got it! Bred for resistance to botrytis and I think PM maybe as well but I can't say for certain. Botrytis definitely though!

Thanks again dude they sure are beautiful! It's all in the genetics though. I'm so excited for the next round! And I've begun construction on the greenhouse too, I've got the two side frames almost complete, now it's just connective bars and the roof pretty much.

5. Sweet colors on those nugs D. Looks nice and dialed in[​IMG]

6. Nice, perhaps once I get my cloning game up to par black mamba can hit a parking lot near you

7. Thanks GG the colors are beautiful but its really far from dialed in to be honest! I have a long ways to go and much to learn still![​IMG] [​IMG] im imagining this strain when i grow it perfectly and it can be so much more beautiful just wait and see! [​IMG]

[​IMG] same! [​IMG] i might be visiting a parking lot sometime soon actually. 

8. What Dingus how u been man? Been awhile but u looking good over there

9. thanks jay :) I'm doing good! Busy though, been working a lot the last two days I'm tired haha. I'm excited to get back to working on the greenhouse! This weeks weather is supposed to be like all rainy though so I'm not sure I'll get to it.

10. Gmorning D. :)

Bout ta blow it up with another GH eh? One day I need to figure 8ft how to keep plants going year round out here. Then I could probably do a GH with some sun blocking cloth in the summer time. Might work if I plant into the ground where the roots would be much cooler. Kinda complicated though because the super dry and hot air still tends to pull moisture out of the leaves. I'll get it figured out though. What are you planning to run outdoor this year?

11. gafternoon 3d!! [​IMG] I sure am! I bet you could do it with enough airflow and the right genetics. Mulch and water a lot to keep that moisture up? maybe a thick shade cloth on the roof could help? im not really sure what else you could do hmm. the genetics for sure would help if theyve been bred to grow outside in your latitude and is heat tolerant. 

This year i'm running four strains from the breeder Hybrids from Hell. They specialize in making mold resistant genetics for northern latitudes and rainy climates, perfect for me! they're located in northern europe, im not sure exactly where but probably the netherlands and surrounding countries. The strains i'm running are: 

Monk
    Danish Gold
    Leb27v2
    Wild 2

Also I was talking with TJ on instagram earlier today and he reminded me to post some photos of the greenhouse. I haven't taken any of what i've built so far but so far i've only built the two main side frames. These pictures are in google sketchup, the program I used to design it. It's 100% to scale, like even 2x4's are really 1.5"x3.5" etc.. 

heres an overview, its a 10x10 and the tall side is 12' tall and the short side is 8' tall. the roof is 11'6" long. 
    View attachment 153474
    as you can see its really just three main pieces, two side frames the roof frame and then its just connective pieces. I designed it like this to minimize the amount of wood cutting i would have to do and also make it able to be taken apart without too much difficulty and moved elsewhere. 

View attachment 153475
    this is all the connective pieces without the frames. 
    View attachment 153476

12. Looks great man

13. Chopped the somangos today! And scraped up the last QWET of wonderkush #1

Pre scrape ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427084001.970718.jpg
    I haven't taken a post scrape pic yet but it's a nice fat and thick amber slab!

Somango 1
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427084047.420324.jpg

Somango 2 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427084062.463814.jpg

Somango 3 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427084077.380227.jpg

14. Dingus,

Looks great bro! I like how you make sure the girls are fully ready before chopping, they look primo!

15. hey loneranger! Thanks man :) I always try to take them as long as possible after making the mistake of harvesting early before. The somango #1 could have gone a little longer but the other two needed to go so I took em all haha. The calyxes on #3 are so swollen! I think I saw a couple of seeds forming but I might be mistaken. I can't wait to run somango 2 & 3 again!

16. Oh yeah I made that mistake once, I had some bad freak outs from the anxiety it caused, I soon realized the mistake I made lol.

Anything mango is amazing, including the fruit! How is the aroma off of them when they were growing?

17. #1377 theratdude64, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    That's awesome man, nice sketchup work [​IMG] I designed my cab in Sketchup, super super useful program! Really awesome it's free [​IMG]  I learned after building my cab that I forgot that a 2x4 is not 2"x4"  its more like 1.5x3.5 so my cab was an thinner than I cut the doors to when I cut the doors to sketchup measurement 

Love the colors on Somango, maroon n whatnot :drool:  I had that word stuck in my head at work all day yesterday.... Somango.... [​IMG]

edit: Have you heard of Rosin Extraction? Bubbleman did a really good video on it, but you take hash or even flower supposedly, wrap it in a screen of some sort, between parchment paper, heat with a hair straightener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK6mctZ1Mp8&google_comment_id=z13pczxjpwmyvv0mq221upw5gr3ahhwod04

Liquefies out the good melty stuff from the planty matter, makes dabbable material out of low grade cheap and easy

18. Hey dingus! Finally subbed up. I could have sworn that I was already but IDK. Man, that google sketch-up program is the shit!!! I am downloading that right the fuck now lol. Have been trying to find a free auto-cad type program to sketch up my projects with no luck. That looks like exactly what I was looking for.

That somango looks awesome man! Looking fwd to the smoke report on her :) I like Soma. Oldskool dreadlock hippie guy growing ganja in organic soil. That's wassup haha.

19. #1379 Dingus, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    Hey RD! Im glad sketchup was useful to you and that you got it for free! I was looking to download it for free again on another computer and i couldn't find where to do it and I thought maybe they made it not free anymore. Haha i've had somango stuck in my head like all week, I can't wait until sunday! they should be done drying. 

I have heard of rosin, on instagram only though. And something about a hair straightener and I was super confused. That video is just what I was looking for on that front! I would definitely be interested in trying that sometime.

Hey TJ! Glad you subbed haha I thought you were too. Nice! I'm glad you got it now also I was worried i would have to buy it. It's super useful and easy to use!

Thanks [​IMG] I am looking forward to a smoke report as well! haha yes soma is pretty cool, pretty silly kinda dude i think haha. I like that he uses organic soil for sure, so the genetics should excel in comparison to using other mediums.  

Hows your greenhouse coming along? I finished working on the first bit of connective pieces today, to connect the two main sides. Once I have a big square sort of, it should be much easier and quicker to complete.

20. #1380 Dingus, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    So sad! Found a little bit of mold on almost all the tops of somango #3. But nothing on any others, I double checked. It's that clear strandy mold again! I don't think it's the same as botrytis.. The lowers are okay too but I'm just keeping all of that plant on quarantine. I'm not confident I can dry at my house anymore at all. Idk what I'm gonna do!

The buds I for sure found mold on same weighed out to 22g. So almost an oz.. I hope I won't find more. I put them in a jar and in the freezer I'm going to run them as everclear hash. I wonder if I can make rosin with the buds instead??

I might have to hash out all of this harvest too :( just to be sure I don't lose it all to mold. I'm gonna get a hepa filter and clean everything as best I can. The humidity got to 61% once for like 12 hours and this happened. The other 5 days it's been between 45 and 55.

Today is day 6/7 of drying, I was gonna and still will trim them up tomorrow I think. I'm so worried about anything more developing.. And spores which aren't visible now, mold showing up later while in the jar curing.. If I use bovedas I'm gonna order some lower humidity ones like maybe 50% Idk..

Somango #3s buds are super dense i completely understand how they got it but others didn't ( because they grew more sparsely due to deficiencies/issues/over/underwatering?)