Perpetual LST Scrog With Dingus

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dingus, May 29, 2013.

1. #861 Dingus, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    You're too generous irq! I'm super surprised you don't have any friends who smoke outside of gc. So you've just been totally sitting on your harvests? Do you still have bud from your first? Ooo there's lots of trails and biking places to go here if you do come I guarantee you'll have a blast. No worries on the popo if you come here, cuz I'll be treating ya to bud haha.

The teas are pretty mad scientist. They bring back the hydro side of me, measuring nutes and that type of feeling. It's cool to brew up a concoction haha.

Thanks ya I'm extremely hyped for light dep next year. I'm hoping to start light dep next year as early as March/April/may.

Double high five for following along I really appreciate you and everyone else following. Gc is such a nice grower community. No other forums are as chill and friendly. I see tons of greezy Flamers on roll it up and ICmag is a great source of info but not very user friendly.
    its possible.. I've never hears of moth wing powder I just looked up moth wing powder and that is indeed a thing. Alas it is too late if that was not PM and instead moth powder... I already cut wonderkush #4 down yesterday and replaced it with a mystery 3/4 clone that's doing amazing.

I also took clones of the remaining wonder kush. If I lose another ima b so mad/sad but at least I can replace it with a wonder kush clone or one of the 1 gal plants. I'm almost out of replacement plants now too.. I have three in 1 gals but they're the ones that took sooo long to reveg. They still are kinda freaky.

I think the hardest part about outdoor is preventing plants from getting sick. And tbh I didn't do a good job of that at all. The weeds and grass around the GH have TMV/PM and there's lots of thrips just flying around my backyard. I didn't prepare my backyard like at all really, just plopped the greenhouse down and went for it. And so I think the reason why I'm having so much trouble now is because I didn't do any preparations. Next year will be wayyyy better I can guarantee that. Right now the struggle is to just keep my plants undiseased. And to think...I havent even started flowering yet.

Light dep is such a great thing because I'm having all this trouble just keeping plants undiseased, if I could have been flowering so much earlier I could already have GH bud by now. And less problem plants possibly.

it's why I'm more excited for indoor, just to avoid all these problems. The problems I had with indoor before were pretty limited to salt buildups and me not doing it properly or something idk haha but going organic has solved all plant issues for me.

Speaking of indoor here's the fall indoor babes. 3x fem somango 1x either BB/WW from jerry or a fourth somango just sprouting. I planted a somango in that cup originally and nothing popped so I put in a BB/WW and again nothing happened so I put in my second BB/WW and finally!! Sprout achieved! Fingers crossed it's a female
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407875362.629724.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407875182.761193.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407875430.028060.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  2. I went to hempfest today! I bought a new ashcatcher and I got a 5 pack of TGA tester seeds! Golden ticket x Jesus og! And I must've gotten the golden ticket cuz my pack has 6 seeds! No clue on regs or fem tho. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408169984.193772.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  3. #863 theratdude64, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    That's awesome man! I'd love to be able to go to stuff like that.  I just barely watched the weed.tv on youtube episode about the Hemp Fest with cops passing out dorito bags.    I need to get me an ash catcher, but I'm probably going to go the dab direction :smoking:

Jesus OG, lol.   Hopefully Fems, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're regs being tester beans.  

• Like Like x 1
  4. its really rad to have one of the biggest weed festivals in the US in my hometown haha. Tbh It's not all it's cracked up to be though. It's like mostly smokeshops with booths, most cheap glass.. And then some vape pen booths and then food stands and a small amount of booths are aimed at growers. I saw the ideal420soil booth and talked to a fellow there. The TGA booth was where I got the seeds. I didn't see much more catered to growers. The coolest booth I found was a weed cloth store and like it was super hi res blown up & kaleidoscoped weed pics on anything clothlike you can imagine. Blankets, shower curtains, pillows etc. I wanted a blanket but it was 85$ maybe when I have some more spare bux...

Haha I remember that last year when the cops gave out the Doritos.

I just realized I left my ashcatcher in my friends car :/ I would be going in the oil direction but it's also such a investment. Itd be better for me to process my own ice wax and dab that.

Haha ya I'm betting they're regs. It's no worries though, 6 is more than enough to find something njce. I may finally get a male plant I've long sought and finally make my own seeds.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Yeah that's what I waas thinking, hey with Reg's you can get a dude and Make Dingus Beans! I like the sound of that haha.

I'll be getting a full 8 bag set of bubble bags, 1 gallon one day.  Making my own bubble hash.  If i can get a good sativa in a vape pen all day, I'd be set! I'm set on the Apex pen too, that thing is badass. 

Gotta speed my clones up to keep up with my demands. 

• Like Like x 2
  6. i hope I'll get a male haha. All the plants from seed I've grown so far have been female still! I can't even believe I didn't get a male wonder kush. I love the sound of that haha ima make some sweet dingus beans!!

That's my goal too for bubble bags except maybe for a 5 gallon bucket.

It sucks and is strange that the normal ways of cloning won't work for ya. I'm pretty sure I'll have roots on these cuts I took a few days ago, within 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  7. For the most part I've been sitting on the harvests.  My wife and I like to enjoy, but seems the grow out paces us really really easily.  We gift whenever we get the chance.  Yep.  Still have 6 jars of Clusterbomb.  Two jars from each plant.  I think 13 of AK-48 still.  Just received a new double boiler in the mail today, so time to make some more budder!  I really like the idea of having a Ganja library and picking out something based on how I feel.

We almost were in Washington for a mtn. biking tour this year, but ended up in Arizona instead.  Maybe next year?

Every once in a long while Colorado will get swarms of moths.  They seems to have a dust on them which gets on everything.  Creates quite a mess.  That's basically where my guess came from.  That and hoping it's something simple like that so you don't have to chop.

I seem to have stumbled onto a great forum.  Not familiar with other sites you list.  Trying to soak in a little knowledge wherever I can, but sure does help to have such nice folks like yourself!

I have fond memories of Somango from a dispensary in Boulder named 14er Holistics.  Yum!

Hope you're having a good one!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Can't wait to see your indoor grows Holmes. 

• Like Like x 1
    Thanks! me too haha. i'm so excited to be getting two of  these LEDs http://www.topledgrowlight.com/mars-ii-led-grow-light-400w.html#.U_Z42_ldWjM

my closet is gonna be a purple glowing forest!! until then for indoor we'll have to settle for 23watt cfl cabinet :p
    Nice! thats sooo much! How do you and your wife smoke it? if you do just bong bowls itll last so long. if I had that much i would be rolling up fat blunts on the daily. or even roll a canna-gar! 

No worries haha the trails will always be here. ewww swarms! that sounds rather unpleasant haha. Unfortunately i did more research on the brown bug and found out its actually a meadow spittlebug, which is a type of leaf hopper. I also found out that they're very closely related to potato leafhoppers which ive seen a bunch of as well outside the greenhouse in the grass. I realized it wasnt a moth when i found it again the other day and tried to kill it but it quickly bounced away. I was expecting it to try to fly and flutter a little but it was gone in an instant.

Also i found more PM looking stuff so I chopped off the branches and did a bunch of defoliation. The areas it's been showing up on all the plants is on the edge closest to the walls of the greenhouse, so i cut off all the low branches on all the plants closest to the the sides and moved them closer inwards to help with more airflow. The affected plants this time are wonder kush #1 and wonder kush #3. I'm gonna spray neem tonight and tomorrow/the day after i'll do a compost tea drench and foliar.

Thank ya! GC is the best forum in my opinion, its got the best community of growers. ICmag is second to me for grower community, but its got tons of information. For example theres a side by side forum on there for testing experiments like MH vs HPS etc.. The organic section in there is really great too.

nice i hope these somango are something special! when i rub the stem and smell its already stanky!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wonder kush 1 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408664596.367083.jpg

Wonderkush 2 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408664615.402808.jpg

Wonderkush 3 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408664645.541600.jpg

Wonder kush 5
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408664664.769266.jpg

Kandy kush ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408664688.699066.jpg

Mystery 3/4? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408664709.917390.jpg

Sleestack skunk ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408664728.585525.jpg

The three reveg clones which I have no idea what they are, I did a bunch of defoliation on these to get some main branches formed. There were so many little new branch starts and stuff that they were focusing on instead of the branches. Now they look awesome. Should be nice!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408664908.449922.jpg

I'm pretty sure they're all beginning to flower. Notice some stretch these past few days as well as node tightening and more pre flowers.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408664925.986797.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408664953.215792.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cabinet indoorsss
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408665056.568562.jpg
    The smallest one is a WW/BB from jerry!

Clones still rooting, I've seen bumps on some so it won't be long now. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408665129.944810.jpg

Somango
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408665165.985345.jpg

WWBB ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408665212.101179.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. lookin good man :) I just made a "mini green house" with the same principle of the wooden frame (I used coat hangers lol) to make a small clone dome for my cab.  

Are the indoor ladies going outdoors? or are they going to grow up inside?

• Like Like x 1
  13. #873 Dingus, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    Thanks RT! Ya I saw! great diy skills there bud! i bet itll help root clones real well for ya. The indoor ladies will probably be all indoors. I might move them into the greenhouse after I spray some more neem and compost tea and stuff because they're so young they probably wont flower at 14 hours of light and the sun is soo much better than a cfl haha.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thankya :) I just loaded it with some more AK48 clones today.  Once I nail down cloning, I'll smash it!  That's awesome you have in and outdoor.  Sun is better than lights... but so many variables, it's nice to have all the variables under control indoors.  

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ya you just gotta get it down with your method. I think the biggest thing with all methods of cloning is to just leave it alone. check on em after 2 weeks or something but not before haha. Ya it really is awesome to grow both indoors and outdoors! the sun is the greatest light of all but they're definitely exposed to bugs. I've noticed the gnats really like the kandy kush. they sit on the bottoms of the leaves! I sprayed neem tonight and shook the pots while spraying the top of it to try to get any sitting on the top in the mulch. The dr bronners castile soap in it is a contact killer for them im pretty sure :D

indoors really is so much easier to control. I've had gnats PM and botrytis indoors. Outdoors theres just helllllla bugs so far. my greenhouse definitely has spots where bugs can fly in. I'm gonna get some lady bugs soon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah bugs outside are bad, I gotta invest in a nice spinosad based spray.  My garden store I ilke has a concentrate that attaches to the hose I wanna get before I can run a large outdoor veggie garden.  

This cloner setup should allow me to finally leave them be.  The last clone setup was crap. The TV dinner tray they were in was tiny, but also all warped.  So one cube would dry out while another drowned.  So this flat pan they're in with plenty of space around them should allow me to leave them alone except to add a tiny bit of water to the tray as needed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #877 Dingus, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    oo a house attachment for spraying is neat! But then what about dilution ratios? Have you thought about lady bugs for your thrips problem? I think the only bad thing about lady bugs would be them flying into the light and getting chopped in fans.

Beneficial bugs are wayy better than spraying stuff, especially outdoors. Outside you really gotta work with nature to get it to work properly. This whole time with the greenhouse I've been working against it. I need to plant lots of flowers and local plants of my climate next year. That should help things. As well as general clean up and removal of possible vectors of disease etc.

It looks like it'll work for ya, in your latest update I could see the condensation on the inside. Gotta be 100% humidity in there haha. I wish the bubble cloner would work for you. It's my go to and so easy too. I don't even touch the thing except to add water when enough has evaporated

18. #878 Dingus, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    Ok so I did a compost tea yesterday and foliar sprayed tea too! The plants today look fabulous! They all are super healthy!

Also more good news, I will be making my dingus beans sooner than predicted! It turns out wonderkush #5 is a male! So I will be making wonder kush F2s as well as f1 crosses with my other genetics!!

The wonder kush #5 male is a bit stretchy but it's got a really thick stem with a very nice hollow tube and is smelly and branchy. I think it's Jedi kush dom.

Here's a greenhouse photo update.

Wk 1 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408921631.889705.jpg
    Wk 2 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408921651.085014.jpg
    Wk 3 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408921672.176326.jpg
    Wk 5 (male) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408921696.418757.jpg

Mystery 3/4 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408921770.380490.jpg

Sleestack skunk ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408921789.758388.jpg

3 random clones ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408921819.074348.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408921834.559486.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408921847.334662.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408921859.296386.jpg

Edit: I forgot to get a pic of the kandy kush, she's doin really nice. Soft light green leaves, four main branches.

• Like Like x 3
  19. hell yeah they're crazy happy and healthy, wow. Nice :) Awesome on the DIngus Beans :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Hey man, I am here. Nice thread, cheer :hello:

• Like Like x 1