Perpetual LST Scrog With Dingus

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dingus, May 29, 2013.

1. That is my sig lol. Im doin this mobil so for somereason it doesnt seperate it. Im subd to your grow as well. Ive been intetsted in scrog but never tried it for some reason. Never got around to it I guess. I will b taking pointers from here so continue the show lol

Check my grow out at this link http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1225256-vanillakushcriticalwhitewidowbigbud.html

2. #42 Dingus, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
    ohhh I see! I hate the mobile version of gc. I always switch it to the full version when I'm on my iPhone. Scrog is great! You should definitely try it sometime.

In other news I detected a couple nanners on c99, So I chopped her down today.

3. ya I want to im just waiting for it to cool down outside so I can setup a third tent for scrog. Im pretty stoked to try it.it looks as if u get great results

Check my grow out at this link http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1225256-vanillakushcriticalwhitewidowbigbud.html

4. Attached Files:

5. lol thanks I put alot of thought/time/money into it and some luck has helped out as well.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #46 Dingus, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
    Oops double post

Edit: lol I dun fuqqed up. These pics are for the post below

Attached Files:

7. Okay so tomorrow will be seven days drying for c99. At which point I will bend a branch until it snaps, if she needs more time it'll be in a paper bag sweat and then jar. Since Sunday was when I chopped c99 I moved c99 clone into the flowering box as well and will be 1 week of 12/12. NL is coming up on 5 weeks but her growth since flowering has always seemed about a week behind... that stretch week (do breeder flowering time estimates include the time it takes to stretch until the tops begin actually budding?) NL will be getting nuggy soon!

Also veg cab I got NL clone mainline training at 32 tops, almost ready for the final topping to 64. The problem is some shoots are growing faster than others, I'm gonna have to lst certain ones to keep them all.

Oh one more thing, with maxi bloom I've noticed that all of my plants have had some n toxicity clawing, you can totally see it in blooming NL, I'm gonna start doing more plain water feeds and see if that helps. I'm bottom feeding everything now. Maybe a flush every now and then is what they need?

8. I love the individual screen setup you got there man. Allows for better control of light and such.

You know I found that issue with Maxibloom as well. I found more flushing, cutting back on dose helped

9. #49 Dingus, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
    hey B!! The individual screens are very helpful, I just wish I hadn't fucked up on c99 clone as well. She could have filled that screen so much more but the couple weeks up until I put her into flowering I had neglected her by partying too hard and being lazy about feeding my veggers. It's okay though.

Oh yeah, so I have fox farms grow big and tiger bloom. I was thinking of finishing NL on tiger bloom, or at least trying 1/8 dose and see if the n toxicity will go away. That is assuming that nothing detrimental will happen by me changing nutes on her after she's been on maxi her entire life. The higher p and k (or rather lower n) should be very beneficial at week 5 to the end.

10. Alright so c99 was dry enough so I trimmed and jarred her up. I just ordered the 62% humidipaks and with luck they'll be here on Friday.

Final dry weight: 62g

48g nugs

14g popcorn + trim. --> BHO maybe. Is it worth it to blast so little as a 1/2oz..

She has an awesome high, soaring sativa! It comes on immediately for me after a rip on the bong, but sometimes fades and comes back strong! Like waves, sort of like how some unmentionables trips are? Except in a shorter time frame.. Because of my tolerance I usually don't stay high for longer than an hour and a half at the most.

The smell isn't quite there yet, but once I get these humidipaks it should be cool.

Topped NL clone for 64 today as well.

Attached Files:

11. Decent yield bud! 
    I can't wait for my c99, but she's taking her sweet time...slow growing seedling.
    I got over a gram of excellent BHO last time I used 1/2 oz of popcorn. It was worth it to me.:D

12. #52 Dingus, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
    pretty good yield to me for first scrog attempt. I know what I did wrong and have already fixed it on NL and c99 clone in flowering. NL is looking like she will at least match c99's weight, but in much smaller of a space. I trimmed everything under the screen so all auxins should go to juicy buds.

She'll blast off before you know it b! I probably will turn the 1/2 to erl, the thing is I won't be doing it. I have a friend of a friend who makes oil all the time and he knows how to make all the different textures too. I think he's going to charge me something for the tane and work, I just don't know what yet.

OHH YA! Yesterday I received my 62% humidipaks from amazon. I put em in during the day, smoked a bud before bed and I was really surprised at how much the 62% humidity made the bud burn better. It was so smooth and burned white ash, but it wasn't too slow or too fast to burn either. Just perfect. I feel like the 62% also is the sweet spot for sticky nugs, when I broke it up it was the perfect balance of moisture and dryness, it was so sticky and bomb! Can't wait to see the results of these after two weeks!

13. I agree about the sweet spot,Dingus! I use a analog hygrometer that fits inside my jars and I keep the humidity around 62-63% for as long as possible. If I plan to store it for a while, i'll get it between 50-55% before sealing jar. I wish more growers would appreciate the importance of proper humidity control during the cure process.

The BHO is still in my trial and error stages, trying to get a proper purge without vacuum purging equipment. I'll take any advice your buddy can offer, as I love the stuff but don't want to inhale anything harmful.

14. I was wondering if those humidapaks would work, along with C-vaults, they had my interest. Definitely gonna pick some up now

15. should I get it lower than 62% before sealing mine? humidity control during curing is the icing on the cake! definitely makes a difference. I feel really good about the humidipaks. we put so much work into our grows for the buds, so we should give the finished buds equal attention to ensure smokability bag appeal and dankness.

hes more like a friend of a friend haha, I would check the harvesting and processing forum and look for bho threads. I do recall reading somewhere in that section, a way to make good bho without a vac. It might have been something like outside, on pancake skillet? put a pyrex dish with water in it, and then another pyrex dish inside that with your oil to purge it or something...I don't know the temperatures. I hope I can give you a lead or something to search for :p.

whoa c-vaults are cool. I would need like at least one of the mega c-vault which is 100$. It's a nice idea but I think just jars work well too without having to bust your wallet. A single mason jar is like 87 cents at goodwill

16. Yeah I would get it down to between 55-60%. At that point you can seal the jar and keep it for extended periods of time ie 3 months or more. If you let it go lower than 55% you will stop the cure process. I think 55% is perfect to guarantee no chance of mold yet retain some stickiness. 

Thanks for the tip on BHO threads. I will do some research on proper purging techniques. That skillet idea sounds like it would work. It would keep consistent heat to the water to allow adequate time to purge properly.

17. #57 Dingus, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    hmm I'll have to get more humidity monitors then.. I'm just assuming my jars are at 62% cuz I have the humidipak in there  :confused_2:.
    I really like how the bud is at 62%, but I do know that above 60% helps mold to grow.. 

It's been awhile since i've posted an update so here we go!

first of all we have two beautiful new sprouts! (I germed sandstorm, but she never came out of the rapid rooter, so I germed 2 regs instead of 1 fem)

They are, KC Brains Brains Damage, and Seedsman? or DNA Genetics? Sleestack x Skunk #1. This one was a freebie from herbies. Both 8-10 week sativa doms. cuties huh!
    IMG_02691.JPG

Second is my mainlined northern lights clone. She has 64 almost even tops.. here she is after the latest tie down. I took this picture yesterday, and all her tops are turned upwards already.
    IMG_02431.JPG

Next is x-line c99 hybrid clone in the scrog. Yesterday was Day 28 (Week 4, day 1/7) She's got some sugar, and is showing nice bud growth. Within the week I expect she will be looking much more nuggy if she performs as good, or better than her mom. :metal:
    IMG_02461.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG

Last we have Northern Lights, at 48 days flowering, or 1 more day til week 7. Hairs are browning and I'm getting some nice stacking beginning  :ey:. The heat stress on the main middle cola isn't very pretty but its really only there. I was dealing with some mag def too. Her nugs are rock hard, like I don't really like touching my buds, cuz I don't want to fuck them up, but I lightly pinched a small NL bud and it was so dense.
      IMG_02531.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG

18. #58 Dingus, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
    Sleestack x skunk#1 and brains damage. Can you tell who's who? :)

Attached Files:

19. I'm having problems keeping my flowering cabinet cool in the summer heat, and it's not the lights. My cabinet is located in my closet and usually has wooden rolling doors almost shut. My inline fan also has two 90 degree angles in the ducting. I can't put my flowering cab right up by the window either. I was thinking maybe I should enlarge my passive intake? Also find bungee cords and hang my inline fan so it only has one 90 degree angle in the ducting. I would really like some other suggestions though... So please. my homies brainstorm or spitball me some ideas please!

Also here's some veg shots. 64 mainlined NL is a beast! And she still has at least two more weeks to veg. Also SS and BD. SS is growing nicely! She has extra fingers for extra photosynthesis 8)! BD on the other hand is showing some slight deformation on at least one blade of each leaf. She looks realły cool though with skinny and spiky blades!

Attached Files:

20. i would take those angles out of your line for sure. also bigger passive intakes is a good idea. do u have an oscillating fan?