Perpetual LST Scrog With Dingus

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dingus, May 29, 2013.

1. 4 weeks tomorrow!

Attached Files:

2. Looking good brother!

3. thanks bro! She is a beauty c: four more weeks!

4. I took her out of the screen yesterday, I needed to move someone from veg over and she wasn't filling the screen completely.. Enter nirvana northern lights. I already have a clone of her so I'm cool with throwing her in.

Anyway c99 is starting to fatten up, 20% of pistils had receded before I pulled the screen out and probably damaged some as well forcing them to brown. Uhh I think I might have a quick pheno, breeder and seedfinder say like 7-9 weeks. i think I will flush and water only in about two weeks, if she keeps going at this rate.

I uh took her out and took the top view shot. I'm gonna lollipop harder next time. image.jpg

5. #25 Dingus, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
    Today is day 1 of week 5. I think I'm going to buy a digital 250w ballast and install it with a econo wing, then I'll be running 500w in the flowering cab.

I need your opinions on this though everyone, anyone lol. I'm trying to estimate how much this would increase my temps or if its even worth it.
    I got 2x 2" passive intakes -> cooltube ->165cfm inline fan.

If I just move the cooltube to the left side and position the other light on the right side, air around the second bulb would still be getting cooled... I have one spare computer fan I can put in as well..

Also I will add pics sometime today. Since she (c99) is out of the screen and sharing the one 250w, I'm rotating her clockwise 90* daily. Shes bulking up a little bit but still has a bit to go.

6. 5 week pic dump. iPhone camera ftl.

Attached Files:

7. #27 Dingus, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
    so I got a 250w lumatek and installed it with a spare bulb and mogul base i got lying around. I now have 500w in the flowering cab, but it makes it SUPER hot. so I instead am running them one at a time, three hours on, then the other turns on and the first is off for the next three hours, repeat, then off. I'm hoping to achieve the effects of a light mover at least, until I can get a bigger fan.

I have a 4" 170ish cfm I think inline fan. Maybe its just the position its in and all the curves in the ducting, cutting circulation. I need to see about getting bungee cords and hanging it upwards or something. 

Oh and I also switched my lights on period to at night, 9pm to 9am now. 3 days into week 5, a lot more calyxes are swelling and faster. Soon I'm going to begin a 2 week flush.

8. Week 6 update. Started flushing today. She's like 85:15 cloudy:clear. Two weeks ill harvest. Then a c99 clone will go in, at the same time I will repot my NL clone and maybe start another seed.

Pics are a few days old, but she has a bunch of like fox tails starting/bulking up more... 2 week should be just perfect. The current setup as well as flash on and offs. One of year days ill borrow a friends camera lol

Attached Files:

9. Hey bud, I found you! :metal: Things coming along great! Your C99 has lots of tops.
    I just buried a C99 bean in some coco today. Looking forward to scrogging this girl. 
    I'm following along again
    peace

10. great to see ya b! Ya, too many small ones for my liking, and it isn't very dense I don't think-well apart from a couple of nugs. But I mean she is a 7-8 week sativa so I'm happy anyway. As long as I get something off her. Her clone which will replace her in the flowering cab I'm almost certain I will get much better results.

Oh that's awesome man! Can't wait to see how you do her!

11. So this grow is with a 250 watt light. For personal grows this looks to be the most cost effective way.

12. two 250s now. I alternate them to both be on for 3 hours each twice a night, for the 12 hours of light and then 12 off. I hope to achieve the same effects as a light mover would.

I only grow for personal ya, so I am keeping it as cost effective as possible. So far my results have more than been worth the investment I've put in. I've been as low budget as possible while keeping an alright setup. Eventually I will get a bigger fan and hopefully be able to run both 250's at once  :metal:

13. #33 bob barker, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  14. #34 Dingus, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2013
    so i forgot to update last week, as week 7 day 1 was the 4th of July. Anyway, tomorrow is week 8 day 1. I was planning on harvesting her tomorrow, as it will then have been 2 weeks of water only flushing, but I think she needs to go a little longer. Not very many leaves have yellowed and been eaten up, and there has been very little color change. Trich wise we are all good, mostly cloudy, very little clear and very little amber. I just want to be sure that she will smoke smooth. 

These pics are from today. Going for a drive down sweetdank rd.
    IMG_0175.JPG IMG_0177.JPG it's also for size reference. its a hotwheels
    the rest are taken sometime between week 6 and today..

Attached Files:

15. Subbed! Catching up now

16. I think this was less than a minute. LoL

SubbbD up buddy!

Its so great to have both of you back, welcome to the party and enjoy your stay haha. I don't think I'll be making another journal for quite sometime, so hopefully I won't lose you guys again. 

sort of an update: 
    Today was my planned harvest date, but I think she needs a few more days and then chop chop!

I should really post some pics of NL in the flower cab and c99 and NL clones in the veg cab.. anyway

Lets see... uh NL in the flower cab is a little more than 3 weeks in, but is showing growth like 2 weeks of flowering. She is a 9-10 weeker though, so I'm cool if she starts slow. In the veg cab c99 clone isn't very pretty, she's recovering from mainly my laziness and neglect, and going to go into the flower cab after big c99 is done. my NL clone is still in a solo cup, being mainline trained for 64 tops. She has 16 tops currently, and is almost ready for the next round of topping for 32. 

18. this is northern lights! 25 days in flower

Attached Files:

19. Looking good those buds should fill in nicely

Check my grow out at this link http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1225256-vanillakushcriticalwhitewidowbigbud.html

20. They sure will! I peeked in this morning and wow they are stacking up! I have about 12 5" tall buds (5" tall from the screen), each with 4-9 actual budsites on them which will all more! Then I have another ~20 buds between a height of 1-4" from the screen. From my experience so far, I think the 12 big buds should each finish with a weight of at least 3g each.

It's really hard to get it into picture, maybe I'll post a video sometime in the near future.

I will for sure follow your grow as well! By the way, you can put your link in your sig. Just go to your UserCP and then signature on the side menu.