Cheap And Easy Home Made Carbon Filter For Pc Fans

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by GoldGrower, May 29, 2013.

1. 120 mm on ebay get 4 for 12 bucks i put my fans together for more power building my carbon filter from a medium size tuperwear have no smell at all and leavs dance perfectly

2. Awesome guide. I was wondering if there was anyway to do it with the fan being on the side?

3. I made this one this way so you could frequently tip out the spent carbon and pour some fresh stuff in. If your fan is positioned on the side you would have to enclose it in a rigid box I guess. I'm not sure on the best way to achieve this

4. Me too but I'm running out and finding out alot of the wimpy 12v supplies I have won't run the nice size fans need to fire up some of the nice spare psu's anyways as I wanna build sum leds soon as my very limited budget catches up alil

5. hey im a bit confused when i read I recommend you using an intake fan with your exhaust as a filter puts load on the fan and an intake will help it out. Can you be more specific? your using two fans, one pushing air in and then another fan ontop using another plastic small pot pushing air in the same direction to help take the air out??

Great thread, im using making something like this for my fiist time growing i choose this for stealth and see how high of a yield i can get, i read somewhere record is 3oz

6. I saw at Walmart some carbon filter replacement for an air purifier. Looked like a thick Brillo pad would that work decent?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Awesome set up man.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Nice set up, thanks for sharing it. I'm thinking of doing something just like this.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I love the ingenuity of this. Heres the thing and I dont want to say this like im putting down your filter however this will not work on bigger grows/tents its just not enough air flow. This would be perfect for small tents or box grows though.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #32 Alia, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  11. This is for micro set ups where the grower wouldn't be able to use a proper carbon filter. I never said it was suitable for full sized set ups. In a full size set up you can use a full size filter and fan

12. Yo... fill your Rez up wayyyyy higher so that it's touching the bottom of your medium and the roots are in the water . That'll speed things up ten fold . Speaking from very recent and awesome result experience ! Awesome freaking setup ! Love the lock and key stealthness of it ! I got a similar setup . Come scoop it sometime

300 watt LED critical kush micro grow

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...hare_tid=1428140&share_fid=78765&share_type=t

It makes me feel the way I need to feel

13. Why am i quoted here?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. This is so awesome! I'm looking to mod my unique hydroponics.com 300 watt LED setup with some better carbon filtration, and this is perfect ! Got everything I need except they carbon so I'll give it a go and post pics once it's finished ! Thanks again!

It makes me feel the way I need to feel [/

300 watt LED critical kush micro grow

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...hare_tid=1428140&share_fid=78765&share_type=t

• Like Like x 1