Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiousness?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by net11, May 28, 2013.

1. i'm new to weed in general, but i smoke with my sister and her friends because none of my friends smoke. I smoke maybe once a month possibly with longer breaks than that. So i dont think i have a tolerance at all.
    But i get really nervous and self concious when I smoke and im very quiet and never have anything to add to the conversation and i really wish i wasnt like that and im really close to my sister i feel like i shouldnt feel that way with her. i want to be able to let go and have fun with them. anybody got any suggestions to make that happen?
    anyone have this problem and gotten over it?

2. #2 Nugagerube, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    Just relax and enjoy yourself. I was nervous when I first started smoking too. Over time youll come to be comfortable with it and enjoy it. Smoke more than once a month like twice or three times on the weekends so you can get used to it quicker.

3. You are probably just getting too high. Try smoking less. 

4. #4 lambgabriel, May 29, 2013
    I used to be like that... all you gotta do is smoke less during your sessions so you don't get as high and paranoid. You'll eventually get used to it

5. Smoke less or smoke more and get a tolerance going.

6. I have the same thing and always have for years and it's not gotten better unless I have a high tolerance than I don't get so high and awkward. Take less hits when you do smoke is my recommendation or try smoking a different kind of weed, if you can more sativa or more cbd than just high thc. 'Cause imbalancedly weeds just bred for thc and such make for more anxiousness in the high.

7. When I first first started smoking when I was 11 or 12 my hands used to shake so bad it'd make the lighter go out lol. Just nervous cuz your new To "doin drugs" relax and it'll be less of an event and it'll be more of your routine

Sent from my LS670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 barleymalted, May 29, 2013
    You smoking joints much? I just bought my first glass piece after being a daily joint toker for 5 years and I realized I haven't been high for years. 

There's just so much smoke with joints, especially if you roll with tobacco, and my body just hates it. Gives me a dirty anxious high.

This little spoon got me higher than I've been in years in 5 little tokes, and none of that anxious uneasiness. Amazing!

9. #9 Wiggibow, May 29, 2013
    Thats just part of smoking man; you either learn to conquer it or quit smoking lol
    but you're probably just naturally an introvert like me; weed will enhance aspects of your personality tenfold
    there aren't really any suggestions anybody can give other than relax; its just the weed making you all paranoid. once you understand that its very easy to say "fuck you weed, stop trapping me in my thoughts!" and live life as a normal social stoner.
    Its all experience yo everyone was like that at first except maybe the few cases of super extrovert smokers out there

10. Happens to a lot of newbies, it's because you're not used to the feeling yet. Just try to stay calm and let loose, and just talk.

11. thanks everyone, I appreciate all the replies

12. On top of what everyone else is saying, smoke with people your comfortable with, smoke a good amount, and smoke somewhere your comfortable, watch some tv or something, or listen to music, keep yourself busy, and enjoy yourself  :smoke:

13. I saw my PO for the last time today. I'm on probation for Theft, I failed my first drug test with her then passed the others. I go to court next Thursday to sign my release papers. I was wandering if I could smoke now, if I'm signing my release papers and drug tests take days to come in, will they drug test me while I'm at court signing my papers for Theft charges?