Cannabutter Mismosh

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by FJ3000, May 28, 2013.

1. Hey guys just making some cannabutter, im kinda winging it as never made befor but its looking good so far, heres how iv done it

2 cups water
    1 cup butter (250g)
    about 10g of wet trim
    about 10g of popcorn bud
    and 2g of hash for good measure

my only problem is i dont have a coffee filter/cheesecloth to strain but im going to just use the 120 micron bubble bag i think that will work, il upload end results

2. Next time nix/skip the water, and you'll be good to go :)  Don't worry, people have been making butter that way for ages so it WILL 'work' to a certain extent, there are just some improvements you'll be able to make to your next batch :yay:

The old fashioned and outdated methods only included water because folks thought it would help prevent them from damaging their herb with too much heat, when in reality the herb still comes into direct contact with the heat source from below. A double boiler fixes this; it provides an actual buffer and separation from the heat source, and eliminates the need to combine your oil or butter with water!

Water also pulls in more water-soluble impurities, and it soaks the herb and dilutes and hinders the effectiveness of your edible solvent, or oil/butter, making extraction difficult, and reducing its ability to form a bioavailable solution. People assumed it kept their butter cleaner, but really it just pulls more from the plant matter and it hurts the extraction of the stuff you actually want! If you need it more concentrated and want to use less butter than will cover your herb, don't make up for it with water, instead just take 10 minutes and make a quick dry-sift hash or alcohol-extract first. Then you can use as little oil as you need, without resorting to water contamination. :)
     This is why the old water-butters require so much more cooking time, and still come out weaker than the medical oils and butters of today! It's why we can now cook our oils for as little as 1 - 2 hours, depending on the effect we need, and it's why we have greater control over the outcome of our oil, while the old water butters require 15- 24 hours just to come close to that level of potency. :)

The experts today not only recommend that you avoid the water-butter process like the plague, but you should even be using clarified butter that has had its little water content removed! Usually between 8% - 12% of store-bought butter is made up of water and milk solids, once removed, the pure milk fat you're left with is a much more effective solvent. :yay:

In the future these should help;

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included... similar to RSO/Phoenix Tears & BHO, but bioavailable & made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

Video tutorials...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEa9a1riXl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v6wKwQO6Ko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rffzSeSfeuM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkbclJ5wZKk

(Photo-excerpts from the above tutorials...)

Ethyl Alcohol extracted, and oil infused hash/glandular concentrate...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"An edible a day, keeps the doctor away!"

They beat apples! [​IMG]

Or they can include apples...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made sixteen of these ChiCanna Cordon Bleu rolls for brunch, with and without shrimp (lol ;) ), New Year's Day!

<span><span>[​IMG]</span></span>

Just had some of these for breakfast again, a few days ago or so... the batch below is from a few weeks earlier. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was part of a small brunch, for guests, about a week ago...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://forum.grassci...=1&d=1297011588

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Candies are great, too...

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyhow I hope this helps, good luck and have fun!  :)

3. ^^^This guy is my new cooking God.

4. ^^^This guy is my new cooking God.

5. christ mate thats quite a post lol thx for sharing, my butter is in the fridge solidifying only i cooked it for about 2hrs on a low heat

6. well after a small test piece of brownie this morning and getting a tiny buzz from, i waited til tonight and had the 2 biggiest pieces, and im not to sure what to think, i defo feel a body high, have that feeling if ya get me lol, but nothing to major i do like the high but i feel i mayb made them to weak, so the next batch i will double the bud and hash content going into the butter

7. damn i got the munchies now