Poppers Are So Bad

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ReggieKuush, May 26, 2013.

Just one of those things, we can only talk about bud, alcohol and tobacco. Use to be different back in the day.

2. Where I live, this is a popper. And they are no more healthy than the poppers that OP speaks of... yet still so delicious!

[​IMG]

Never been a pepper person.

I've never had so much as a warning on here and plan to keep it that way.  lol   Thanks for the heads up.  

5. A popper back in the 70's was a tiny bottle of an un mentionable that when you sniff it, it gave you a head rush. The homosexual male community loved these things as it was said to "intensify an orgasm"

6. Everybody is different when it comes to peppers haha. I personally love them and eat them raw most of the time for the health benefits; strangely enough habeñeros and other really hot peppers such as the Moruga scorpion pepper can help ease my stoumache and regulate heartburn (in moderation of course). Plus the concentration of vitamin C in most peppers is greater than that of citrus fruit and makes a good substitution when I don't have any grapefruit.

7. thats what i always knew it as until an saw a friend of mine hit s bong with cig in it and he said it was a popper....learn something new everyday haha.

Poppers are still going strong in the gay world. ;)

9. Maybe I just haven't found the right pepper. Red peppers are alright. I like them dried along with black peppercorn.

I wish I knew how to describe the taste I was looking for. I don't like bitter or sweet peppers. I've had some imported peppers from Trinidad iirc that kicked my ass and I loved them.

10. #90 Carne Seca, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014

You need to try some hatch or las cruces chilis from New Mexico.  We are famous for our peppers.  Chimayo is the best but hard to come by.  I have to drive down there to get a supply. 

[​IMG]

11. Perhaps 'tangy' is the word you are looking for? Not sweet, not bitter, but kinda sour. The pepperoncini pepper is the first thing that comes to mind. It looks like a bananna pepper and tastes somewhat similar but has a bit of a sour flavor to it. If you have ever seen those yellow peppers that some pizza places throw into the box that is what I am talking about.

As for peppers from Trinidad, those are usually regarded as some of the best peppers available as well as some of the hottest. The Moruga Scorpion that I mentioned is from Trinidad. I also like peppers from Southeast Asia but mostly when they are used as an ingredient in a stir fry or curry.

12. #92 Vicious, Dec 27, 2014

Any way you can describe the taste? I'm looking for a real zinger. I'm big on hot sauce so I imagine the transition to peppers might be easy. Just don't know what to look for.

Don't like the yellow peppers on pizza. Those Trinidad pepper were off the chain. Powerful and painful but good taste. I'm not sure what I had. My good friend is West Indian and his dad is from there. They're always giving me bomb curry or jerk food.

13. #93 Carne Seca, Dec 27, 2014

It's not too sweet or bitter.  Very balanced.  I love eating them raw or roasted.  I use the roasted chilis (mixed with garlic and salt) on my pancakes, hamburgers, waffles, omelettes, and hashbrowns.  Elevates the flavor and adds a nice bit of heat.   :)

[​IMG]

14. LOL, might as well edit the name of this thread to peppers not poppers

Party at my house

I couldn't do it on breakfast pancakes but I imagine that would be flame on a burger. I imagine it would make a good mix, or a chunky paste. There's a word for it but it escapes me.

16. I don't get it, me and my friends will just smoke cigarettes while we're smoking weed lol. No need to put the two together in some ghetto metal tube  :laughing:

You would be surprised how well it goes with pancakes.  It's a savory alternative to sickly sweet syrup or jam.  

18. A lot of ppl will just use their normal bowls for it and its because it gives a very fast rush gets a different hight more in the head and much much faster then just green

Party at my house

19. I'm from Ontario too and it's true a lot of people here smoke poppers its fucking gross I rather not toke at all did it once while I was drinking puked so hard right after

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. [​IMG]Poppers are the best with Belmont cigs!!! and are hard to quit because the high is too good in comparison to just a green rip once you're used to them, smoother to inhale and you don't have to use as much weed to get high, also for people who hve a lower tolerance the high isn't as sleepy as green but still so relaxing with the head rush of a newbie cig smoker it's so good. You will be a lazy potato unless you can master moderation