Sweets Perpetual Road to Zion

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SweetJamesJones, May 24, 2013.

1. Whats goin on buddy! I'm glad you started up a journal.. I'm always down to follow someone new.:smoke:

Looks like you got some hungry girlies there dude.. you could either transplant em into some fresh soil, or start to add some bottled nutrients. Hell, if you wanted to, you could go the organic way and whip up a EWC/Kelp/alfalfa slurry and top dress em with that. Got lots of options.:D

I'll be hangin out watchin for sure. Good luck home slice.:cool:

2. Thanks for dropping by man. I may price out some organics today, I was gonna grab some GO stuff Friday but real organics seem alot easier. There's enough people on board with it to have me curious.

3. #23 b.real, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    check on espomas granular feeds. they are derived from organic meals and can be used to mix soil, or as a top feed.

they even add sulfur cal and mag to the products.

4. They carry this at Lowes up the street from me, which one would you recommend? I see garden tone, plant tone, and bio tone. They also have 24lbs of bone meal  :confused_2:

5. #25 b.real, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    well, the bone meal is a single product, usually just for n and p, so skip over that. any of the tones will do. they are all derived from the same ingredients, just in different ratios.

in the "tones" they incorporate all this:

Bio-tone® Starter Plus! For Difficult Soil Conditions
    • Microbe enhanced all natural plant food
    • Includes both Endo & Ecto Mycorrhizae
    • Grows larger root mass to help plants
    establish fast
    • Promotes bigger blooms
    • Reduces transplant loss
    • For everything you plant

4-3-3
    GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
    Total Nitrogen (N) ....................................................................4.0%
    1.6% Water Soluble Nitrogen
    2.4% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
    Available Phosphate (P2O5) ....................................................3.0%
    Soluble Potash (K2O) ..............................................................3.0%
    Calcium (Ca) ............................................................................4.0%
    Total Magnesium (Mg) ............................................................1.0%
    0.6%...Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)
    Sulfur (S) ................................................................................2.0%
    2.0%...Combined Sulfur (S)
    Derived from: Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, Pasteurized Poultry Manure, Cocoa
    Meal, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Greensand, Humates, Sulfate of Potash, and
    Sulfate of Potash Magnesia.

PLUS
    <b>Non-Plant Food Ingredients:</b>
    Contains 1,341 colony forming units (CFU's) per gram of bacillus proven to enhance
    plant growth.
    Ectomycorrhizal Fungi: 97,440 propagules/gram of 8 species:
    Endomycorrhizal Fungi: 2.640 propagules per gram of 2 species:

6. Wow they have alot of beneficial organic things in there. So with this do you just feed continuously or a few times per grow? I'm not sure how much NPK I need at what stages but I would assume P and K are needed more in flowering?

Ever fool around with the organic super teas? I met somebody who swears by them today. I was set on the GO line but the espoma is way cheaper

7. #27 b.real, May 29, 2013
    general hydros products are not organic, not even their organic biothrive line. it has one organic ingredient in it, so they are "allowed" to call it organic. fox farms tiger bloom is also not organic at all, only their watered down none concentrate is fully organic (i forget the name of the product).

biobizz makes organic food. their biobizz bloom is from sea kelp. botanicares pro bloom is organic (fish emulsion). espoma also sells fish emulsion. i also own that product.

the espoma granulars say feed once every 8-10 weeks, but i use it every week.

i dont make teas becuase im in my closet and id make a big mess. i already make a mess.

8. Yesterday's update. Gc app was acting up last night so I didn't post.

1: Clones. L-4 Top Dawg bottom, Purple Wreck top, Super Bud upper right, and 3 King's Kush. Clones are about 10-12 days old. No idea lol.

2, 3: Top Dawg

4: TD clone

5-7: TD profile.

8, 9: Purple Wreck 1

10: Purple Wreck 2. She really has bushed out nicely. Has been my runt but is more bushy than her big sis.

11-13: Undergrowth. The last one is Top Dawg and the 2nd should be Super Bud. I was pretty stoned taking these.

14: King's Kush with PR2 to the right. There's something about the structure of this plant I really like. The leaves feel really silky and smooth. Has a grapes kind of smell already. Glad I took 3 clones when I thought she was gonna die. Hoping at least 2 make it.

15: Super Bud. Loving the transplant. I've been training the shit out of this plant to get more tops. Even the lower ones just shoot right towards the light.

After a few visitors this morning (my one off day -_-) I realized getting more sleep was out of the question. Did some more branch and leaf training. It definitely smells like herb in there now.

Topped KK and both PRs this morning. Topped a side shoot of TD just to experiment. Was gonna leave 1 plant untopped but I may just not top the clones. I've always topped in my outdoor runs.

Attached Files:

9. Thanks for all the info man. I don't mind using GO since it's ph balanced. I've heard alot of good about Fox Farms nutes but just as much bad. I think it comes down to individual tendencies and preferences.

I like the sound of the espoma stuff though. I may grab some when I get soil and nutes Friday. Honestly though cooking up my own soil with emulsion, kelp, alfalfa meals, EWC, etc seems like the move. I was a little hesitant about jumping into full organics on my first indoor.

10. #31 b.real, May 29, 2013
    those products i listed can be used to make a super soil. its an all in one kinda deal. i mix 2-4 teaspoons (depending if im using a soil with or without food to start with) per gallon of soil and it feeds the plant for 4-5 weeks.

general hydro and fox farms grows great plants, no doubt about that, but theyre not organic like they claim.

11. Since its gonna be a busy next few days for me I'll drop an update now. Transplanted the Kings Kush and other Purple Wreck into 7 gals. Kings Kush is almost a foot tall.

The other Purple Wreck is really bushing up nicely. You can see the branch and leaf training on the Top Dawg and Super Bud coming in.

Finally got nutes and more dirt. Gave the starving girls their first dose of nutes today. Definitely not a pleasant smell but it's bearable. Gonna see how GO does for me and adjust according.

1. Top Dawg. At least 16in tall. Gonna end up with 4 tops from topping her, hopefully I did the others the same way.

2. Kings Kush in clear view, part of Purple Wreck 2 to the right.

3. Purple Wreck 2.

4. Clockwise Kings Kush at noon, Purple Wreck 2, part of Super Bud, part of Purple Wreck 1.

5. PR1. Hungry as hell. I've been pretty unimpressed with this plant compared to the others. The other one is bushing up way more and growing faster.

6. Super Bud. Keeps on filling in. Topped at side top for shits and giggles.

7. Super. Bud training and behind shot. Keep it tucked.

8. Group shot. Pretty much the same as 4 just with Top Dawg on the far left.

Attached Files:

12. So you decided to use GO after all huh? I think you will like it. Bio-Marine is some pleasant stuff haha

13. Yeah I actually got the last go box in the store. I don't know why I thought it would be so much bigger, I may buy another one or just start buying the quarts. I like the bio marine too...the Diamond Black will be forgotten in some corner forever lol.

I mix Happy Frog with my FFOF anyway. I wanted to start flowering in two weeks but I may wait till the 21st so I can have my carbon filter. No idea how that shots gonna get attached they seem huge. Top Dawg and Super Bud starting to stink.

14. Thinking about droppin an update tonite. Things haven't exploded like I thought they would, yet. Yellowing has slowed, and the girls got their 2nd feeding of GO yesterday. I'm watering only every 5 days, is that normal? I feel like I could easily go 6 or 7 days between waterings right now.

Got a Lasko High Velocity Blower delivered yesterday. That shit is awesome. Actually puts out cool air in a hot room. So the little baby fan and that old tower fan are gone. Opened up some more space and raised the lights up.

I spent 4 hrs in the room last night. These damn plants keep eating into the little free time I have...Spurs vs. Heat later so no aimless staring for me :)

Nice !! I am looking forward to that update !!! Don't worry about how fast they are growing in veg as long as they are healthy. Once you switch to 12/12 you will get that explosive growth spurt you are looking for. It took me a few cycles to learn that lol. Nice pick up on the lasko too btw. I know what you mean about mindless staring. I spend untold hours in my garden not really accomplishing much haha...as far as waterings go you are going to have to find out what works for you. I usually water every 3 days for my 2gal containers but I also live in the desert. I wouldn't sweat it. The plants will tell you when they are thirsty :)

Who you taking for the series? Spurs or Heat? The Spurs look to be in top form but you can never count the King out of the fight. Should be a good final series. Pretty pumped for it myself.
    Happy Growing

16. #37 b.real, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    yeah, fish protein is the best. i use espoma grotone (fish emulsion) 2-2-2

17. Thanks man, I was thinking I'm not watering enough but didn't wanna mess up nute uptake and wet/dry cycles. I'm loving the lasko, gomma grab another for the living room too haha. We'll be hitting 90 within the week so I had to make a move.

My main thing is just wanting everything to go as smooth as possible. Been spending money on these bitches and equip since Feb...easily 1000 invested already. I work at my college so...getting to this point wasn't easy lol. Can't wait to see it payoff.

I'm rooting Spurs. I love what I've seen from their defense this year. I like the matchup, I feel like LBJ will have to put the tean on his back every game to win. I see Bosh being exposed by TD working the post and if Wade is locked down it'll be up to supporting cast of MIA.

Hoping Kahwi Leonard watched PG24 and took notes. I think the Spurs have a better shot than Indy did. Looking forward to the Wade vs Ginobili matchup the most :p

Basketball is my only sport so I get a little long winded...being at work ain't helping!

18. yeah, fish protein is the best. i use espoma grotone (fish emulsion) 2-2-2

</blockquote>
    Dude after this run I'm gonna look into making a super soil witb some of those espoma tones and some other goodies. I like the GO for my first time but I hate mixing shit up. I'm used to planting right into the ground and just watering.

I'd rather pickup EWC, meals, fish emulsion, and espoma feeds and just water. I may need to get a chair for the room, by the time I'm done mixing shit my back is killing me.

19. #40 b.real, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    yeaa man. i make a super soil with peat moss and espoma biotone starter plus (which feeds for 4-8 weeks depending on how strong you make it) and then i supplement with fish emulsion when theyre a little yellow.