Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Weed While Studying For An Exam Might Be An Issue

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jaywizzle, May 24, 2013.

1. Ok so I got some weed a few weeks back and I vaped some the other night (two nights ago) through my Dragon Lite vaporizer I got in the mail that very day.
    When I previously smoked that weed I'd bought I felt it a bit still the next day, but it was gone after a few hours (hadn't smoked in many months). After the other night vaping though I feel kind of dazed the whole time. Today has been slightly better than yesterday (the day after I vaped) but I still feel like my head is cloudy. 
    As I said in the title I am studying for an exam at the moment (it's actually a re-sit so it's very important I pass!) and I cannot afford to feel like this again while revising.
    I'd love to vape again tonight (even though i still feel my mind is kinda cloudy after last time) just to help myself get to sleep earlier and easier, but at the same time I don't want to risk feeling like this for the next few days and waste my important revision time before the exam.
    For those of you who are more experienced with MJ and vaping - what do you think I should do? Vape because it's unlikely i'll get this feeling again, wait until it goes away and then vape, or just wait until after my exam and not risk it.

Thanks. And sorry this was so long  :eek:

2. What did you feel the next day? relaxed? sluggish?

Why do you feel the need to smoke during exam week? Smoking to go to sleep a little earlier doesn't make sense to me. Turn off your electronics, turn off the lights, and shut the windows/ blinds. It cannot wait another week for celebrations?

The decision is yours to make, not ours. Personally, since you're indecisive enough to visit a forum for clarification, I believe it would be in your best interest to save it for celebrations.

What did I feel? Pretty sluggish to be honest, but at the same time increased concentration on the task at hand (studying), multitasking has been difficult and required a lot of thinking. And also just like my head has felt cloudy or kinda dizzy and life feels like I'm floating along in an almost dreamlike state. It's been very strange to say the least. I know I cannot be high still though; it's just very odd.

Thanks for the honest and helpful reply. This is what I am going to do. I'm actually just about to go to sleep now. Hopefully the effects will have worn off completely by tomorrow and I'll be able to think more rationally about this and other stuff. I'll keep you posted :)

4. Head is still feeling cloudy. This sucks!

5. youre over thinking it; just get into whatever your thinking and your mind will focus on that.  if you think that your mind is stuck in that cloudy state and that you cannot study that is exactly what you're going to do.

6. Your so dumb OP.

Weed should be a luxuary, just like ciggaretes are. An alcohol.

Do you drink while studying for an exam?

People need to stop believing weed makes you super smart etc....

I love smoking weed, but only when there is nothing important coming up,  i.e. an exam.

7. Great advice there douchebag ;)

I'm feeling fine now by the way. My system was obviously just taking a while to get rid of my weed hangover. I didn't expect that stuff to be anywhere near as strong as that! Vaping really does increase the potency of weed it seems.

Cheers to those of you who tried to help me out.

8. Dude your spelling/grammar sucks. Don't tell people they're dumb.

9. Im high and making a point man, no need to get aggro bro.

10. Really? And what point was that BRO?!

Funny how that was never mentioned or even inferred by anyone is this post. Great point you made there big guy ;)

insulting intelligence when you can't use proper grammar is a no-no. being high is no excuse.

anyway, if your tolerance is rather low - then I personally wouldn't advise medicating before an exam.
    if your tolerance was high however, then you would be fine. so my advice is to vape a very very little amount or none at all.

you're trying to get sleep, not geek out to family guy for a couple hours. so you shouldn't need much.

12. Well instead of vaping, maybe you should just smoke a bowl. From personal experience, I've taken tests/exams blown out of my skull and I got As. As long as they weren't math related where there was a lot of logic involved.

13. solution: dont vape as much.

14. I know some one who figured if they smoked while studying and smoked during the exam they'd do well since they had smoked for both. Not how it worked out.

15. What did you feel the next day? relaxed? sluggish?
    [​IMG]

16. I havent vaped mj, but will soon! We are looking into getting a volcano. I have only gone to a regular class high, not on test day. Weed is a great motivator for me, I would hurry up and get all my school work done so I could schmoke ;)