Dream Interpretation Thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Deleted member 95373, May 24, 2013.

It stems from unresolved issues both ways. When you were inside you knew you had things to take care of, responsibilities, etc, that weren't being done so you freedom from this anxiety was when you were out(in your dreams) to actually finish them. Now that you are out the unresolved issue has to do with closure. It could be issues with whatever sent you there, the fact that you got sent there in the first place, anxiety stemming from your time there that makes you feel on edge forcing your life to be like a jail, it could be a lot of stuff. The general idea I'm getting is you feel trapped by your life and the thing it most reminds you of is jail. The entrapment could be as simple as the stigma you feel from being a convict but I'd probably bet it goes deeper than that and has more to do with your current living situation/life.

2. I have a lot of zombie dreams.  One dream in particular was very chilling.  I remember looking out of my back window in my house and seeing a large city.  We live in the suburbs, but for some reason, our house was on top of a hill overlooking the city.  A large spaceship hovers above the city and crashes, killing thousands of people.  A green gas emerges from the ruins of the ship.  The dead bodies slowly start to "wake up", and start to devour the rescue teams that show up to help out.  Then they start to run towards my house.  As they run up the hill, and up the stairs ofmy deck, I hear banging noises on the front and side doors.  My back door is mostly glass, with a wooden frame.  As I hold the door shut, the glass shatters and I hear the screams of the zombies as they breach the house.  That is when I woke up.  It felt so real.

Another dream I had I'm almost positve was influenced by the movie "Looper".  Great film, btw.  I am about 35-40 years old.  I am in a futuristic looking Milan, or some European city.  I am wearing a sharply-tailored grey suit with a black shirt, no tie.  I have a scar under my left eye from something that must've happened long ago.  All I remember is running, chasing after this little shit of a 16 year old kid.  I have a pistol in my hand.  After a good 15 minutes of chasing him through various apartments, backyards and marketplaces, he trips and falls, shattering his ankle.  From what I can tell, i am working for a dangerous man/organization, and this kid stole a significant amount of money/information from us.  As I stand over him, I look him in the eyes.  His eyes are full of fear and regret.  As I pull the trigger, I wake up.

Apparently, I'm either defending the world from zombies, or I'm a contract killer in the future.  I used to have much more surreal dreams, but I find myself having this hitman dream more often.  I am not a violent person, which makes that dream even weirder for me.  

3. This isn't my dream its my mothers, but she explained it to me in detail and it's always intrigued me.

In her dream, she wakes up in her bed and looks towards the corner of her room to see a figure. His face is covered with a hood and he is holding a box in front of him. She gets out of bed and the figure says to her "look inside the box", which she then does. Inside, is the severed head of me (her son). This is the point at which she awoke in a cold sweat, absolutely terrified. There are probably more details which she didn't fully delve into but this is a overview of what happened.This happened to her many years ago and i'd forgotten about it until i read this thread.

Give it ya best shot! 

4. I'm thinking of buying a couple dream interpretation books over the weekend but ill give this thread a shot too.

I have alot of dreams where I am levitating. They take place in various places but a reoccurring place is my old house. In fact I dream about it alot, more than likely because it burnt to the ground so i can never go back. Another reoccurring dream i have is where i wake up in a room that feels smaller than mine, but i cant really tell because its so dark, but i can feel a presence at the edge of the bed. This presence is a female. I know this because she talks to me sometimes, from the first time i heard her voice she sounded somewhat familiar. The voice isn't like a voice you hear when you're talking face to face with someone more like a "godlike" voice that is being projected into my mind via telepathy.

5. I occasionally have a dream where I fall of a cliff, and in real life I jump up out of my sleep. It happens once or twice a year. I think I've been dreaming this since I was younger. Also, I have a question for you. You know when you have DeJa Vu (You dream about something and it happens in real life) does that mean we can see in the future through our dreams? I'm sorry if that sounds dumb, I'm just fascinated about what the humna body can do.

Zombie dreams are often indicative(IMO) of societal pressures. The spaceship things represents an action of yours, that action leads to you feeling pressured by a lot of people(creating the zombies). I say societal pressures because after they kill the rescue teams, they instantly turn their sights to you, even though your far away from them(in your mind) the pressures still head right for where you are at. The house you are in represents a place where you feel safe from the pressures of others and once they break through it's almost shocking to the psyche so you wake up.

I didn't see a whole lot in this one. I could probably find some things but for me the dream you described is a fantasy dream. A dream where you get to act out something you thought was fun or cool. However on a side note, dreams where you are killing people are often indicative of a lack of control in your life. Killing someone is one of the ultimate forms of decision/control so if you find yourself fantasizing about it in your dreams it's an urge for more control.

Sounds like a fear of death(for you). With the man being covered he represents something not necessarily human, he is in the corner of the room away from your mother suggesting she had to come to him(or walk the path of life), when she gets there she finds you dead in the box. To me it just seems like anxiety over your possible death, if this happened when you were much younger(no older than about 12) then it makes a lot of sense to me.

Falling dreams are either very liberating dreams(where you break free from control) or very frightening dreams(where you desire control). This seems like the latter so I'd probably say you desire more control of your life. That being said there's some missing details for me, what are you falling towards(ground, nothingness?) and also what is the sky like(are you falling in blackness, sky, or something else)?

As far as the deja vu goes, this is from the wiki;

The psychologist Edward B. Titchener in his book 1928 A Textbook of Psychology, explained déjà vu as caused by a person having a brief glimpse of an object or situation, before the brain has completed "constructing" a full conscious perception of the experience. Such a "partial perception" then results in a false sense of familiarity.<sup>[1]</sup> The explanation that has mostly been accepted of déjà vu is not that it is an act of "precognition" or "prophecy", but rather that it is an anomaly of memory, giving the false impression that an experience is "being recalled".<sup>[2]</sup><sup>[3]</sup> This explanation is supported by the fact that the sense of "recollection" at the time is strong in most cases, but that the circumstances of the "previous" experience (when, where, and how the earlier experience occurred) are uncertain or believed to be impossible.

I agree that it's most likely an anomaly of memory, although I have had experiences where I felt like I "predicted" certain events/actions and it felt like deja vu, however I think those result from a combination of critical thinking, problem solving, and probability. I do not however believe in ESP or precognition.

I didn't even think about the fact that there were dream interpretation books....... I kinda just dove into it lol. Tell me once you've got them though, I'd be interested to see how what I've been doing on my own lines up with things other people have wrote.

Levitation is odd, it depends on how you're are levitating. Are you in control of it? Are you stuck in one place? I ask because levitation can mean stability if you are in control of it, but if not and you are stuck in one spot it most likely means stagnation(you feel you should be progressing more in someway). I think you're pretty spot on about the burnt down house and never being able to go back.

I'd like you to explain the room feeling smaller a little bit better if you could. Does the room look smaller, or does it FEEL smaller? I mean do you look around the room and say this isn't right, or do you feel somewhat enclosed in the room comparatively? The female presence I would often consider to be a comforting thing. So I'd probably say the room feeling smaller(if thats whats happening) is pressure building(the room seems smaller the more anxiety you have), the woman I imagine to be your subconscious incarnate. Her voice is recognizable but her face is not, indicating you know her but maybe not well. It would also explain why her voice seems to emanate from your head in the dreams and why it would be so loud(or booming, which is the impression I got from the god like voice comment).

7. I dreamed I was making out with a roomba...

And I'm not trolling this thread lol I really did dream that. 

8. #28 Akademicks, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    I just walk towards a cliff and I look down. It's pitch black and while i'm looking, I tell myself, "I hope I don't fall" and all of a sudden I fall, without even moving I just happen to fall. The sky, if I remember is grey?

9. #29 BlazedCannabis, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    [quote data-cid='18137299' name='BlazedCannabis' timestamp='1369887770']

How do you interpret these? Have you read up and takin classes? I can read handwritten and tell you about yourself. But I read up on how. And I can read palms a lil. But I don't like too. It scared the Shit out of me that I can. I don't even know how I can. So kinda asking if it come from within or you learned how.

[/quote]

It's a combination of psychology, empathy, and symbolism mostly. I feel like it kind of comes from within in a way because I never really "learned" how to do it, but I think it's more that I was always interested in psychology, and the meanings behind things(symbolism), so with any empathy you can kind of see where it's coming from I think.

I have a couple that I have had since I was little. Two I have had forever! Before my mom and dad split. They split at like four.

Oldest.. It's so weird. I can feel everything in this dream but it's so disintegrated. Big blocks, and im small. I start to swallow them. The blocks don't ha e points though. They are rounded a lil. The background is white. The blocks idk. I never really looked. It's more of a I see the background and feel it mostly. I can't swallow then. They are the size of houses. I feel like im being forced to. I choke and can't breath for a while. Then I wake up. This one I have like twice or three times a year. When I was younger it was more.

[/quote]

There isn't much detail because you feel helpless(nothing is coming or there that can help). The blocks could represent really anything..... water(actual fear of drowning), pressure(anxiety), time(death), or a couple other things. Honestly I think they might be just filler though. Do you suffer from sleep apnea by chance? That might be the cause of these dreams. If it's a purely psychological reason I'd either say anxiety or it's a form of night terror(which isn't actually a dream at all since you don't enter REM stages).

Oldest.. Somethings is happening. It can start out as any dream. Then someone is touching things. I think it's a man. I say no. They go for a switch on the wall. It's always read. And this part Kb is always the same. I say don't pull it. And they are like. This one! All smiley. Like they are doing it on purpose. Then it goes crazy. I can't think. Everything is spinning. I can't move. (the closest feeling I can't give to it is, my seizures. It starts spinning. My hearing increases and my sight goes blind sometimes. But in the dream it doesn't go blind. I just can't concentrate on whatever it happening. Then I wake. This one I have the most. This one I have like once every two years or it will happen a lot. It's weird. sometimes I have it like eight times in a couple months. But that doesn't happen often. I really think this dream has to do with my seizures. Because it's the closest thing to it. And I get so scared. And my seizures are like that too. Once a year. If that. Or a crap load in a few months kinda thing. Like since I have been dating THCandroid it has only happened twice (I think). Both times he was around. Poor guy. So that's twice in five years... Idk. Just thought I would write what I thought it could be.

[/quote]

There is anxiety in the idea that it starts out like a normal dream, much like your life it could be any moment/any day. This dream is definitely about your seizures but I draw a couple of things from it that are interesting. I think you might be slightly self loathing because of your seizures. Since the man is unrecognizable I think of him as a manifestation of yourself, you have dealt with him and he appears to be gone until he shows up. He shows malice because you feel like it's a part of you that you can't seem to get rid of no matter how hard you try, so in your mind he is fighting back. I also feel like you don't have much faith in a future cure, pill, or anything else ever helping you rid yourself of seizures permanently. I say this because once he pulls the switch, it's over, he's won in your mind. Notice how you don't even feel like you think in those moments? Even though you have sight you don't look to see? Sure you struggle against, but you have no way to actually fight or stop him, so in your mind there is no stopping him/it.

[quote data-cid='18137299' name='BlazedCannabis' timestamp='1369887770']This one is soo much easier to explain. I have had since I was maybe six.. There is a graveyard I use to leave by. Im driving my that. Or the car is driving itself. Idk. But my family is in the car. Zombies come. And I have to save my family. They keep somehow geting out of the car. And the graveyard goes on forever

Can't wait to hear what you think

[/quote]

Driving dreams(especially ones where you aren't doing it) are about a lack of control. This is about a fear of death, not for yourself but others. It's why you "have" to save your family even though there isn't really much you can do. On top of that even getting them in safe places, they continue to seemingly unknowingly get in harms way(by getting out of the car) which I think is an allegory for living their lives.[/quote]

Sent from my H866C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

First one. I have mad anxiety. Afraid of water and not death but getting old. Like loosing my mind with Alzheimer.. Big fear. I get anxiety before I go to bed if no one is there. It's like I'm afraid to fall asleep it's weird. So I do have a hard time sleeping.

Second one. Wow fuckkm. The docs say they know it's one because I know 2_5 min before I get them. And how I describe them. And the after effects. But they have told me they have never seem anything like it. They think it's causes by a mutation in my brain. They don't know. My dad has spent thousands to try to find out EKGs, MRIs. The whole nine yards. All of it. They can't pin point it. But they know what it it. It's so hard to say how I know it's going to happen.. I don't think I will ever know. And it is scary.

Last one. This is why I became an LNA. I want to help people because they can't help themselves. Also I try to help people no matter what. Even if it kills me and screws everything up. I feel I have too. And I can't stop. In relationships with love ones, family, friends extra.

Dang...... Your good. I wish I had more so I could know what all of them mean. You should do dreams period. Not just requiring ones.

That's good man. mind blown. If we could only still rep :/.

I need more details...... maybe you wish you had a significant other who is a clean freak...?

Well, I ask because I feel like if it's a problem you have anxiety wise in the physical world, the sky would be more realistic. The blackness at the bottom means you aren't afraid of hitting the ground, so IMO the anxiety stems from something mental not physical.

There's always time, thanks for the compliments, and I'm unsure what you mean by requiring ones.

• I usually dream different things every night but I have this reoccurring dream that presents itself differently; I dream i'm naked and that everyone is watching me and I can't find anything to wear, last night I dreampt my future father in law (a good friend and toker buddy of mine) saw me without my bra or clothes/underwear on and in the dream I couldn't find anything of mine, in the same dream I dreampt my real dad gave me a bunch of weed (which is weird because he is super against it) and my Aunt (huuugee drug addict) came over to me and was talking to me out of nowhere (I live in a different city than my family) and she was looking for my weed: Last night's dream was especially weird because my boyfriend and I were laying in bed naked of course before sleeping and we had just smoked and he took off my bra and threw it across the room and I don't know why it's common to dream of being naked, this has been in my dreams for years.

• Once, I also had a dream that a cheetah was chasing and trying to attack my boyfriend and I but he was holding me in his arms and protecting me from this big cat and every time he tried to take a swipe at mike and I he missed but was so close to killing us.
    • I'm also constantly having inescapable mini-dream-like visions of my hometown when I close my eyes most of the time. I know why though, I think I just really miss my family and the place I've always known.

11. Hey Rosie, sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was half hoping I would get some more responses and the other half was just plain laziness lol. That said;

Dreams in which you are naked normally have to do with insecurity. You don't feel well protected/layered and your dreams reflect this. You could feel this way for a variety of reasons, even if you just felt maybe you let somebody know a little more than your accustomed to giving out it could manifest like this. I feel like weed is something that comforts you and the reason why your dad shows up to hand you some is to offer you protection. You feel insecure, so something that makes you feel better/gets rid of anxiety(weed) arrives with a person who might make you feel secure(your dad), who is suddenly accepting of something he wasn't previously(more relief/lack of pressure).

</blockquote>
    Yeah I'd probably chalk that up to nostalgia.

Also shoutout to Waxpayne, saw him doing some advertising for the thread on his own and made me feel good. =)

12. Ok I dont remember most of my dreams at all (unless im smoking) but I do have a dream I had as a child that I may never forget. I was in a hotel visiting my grandparents and was sleeping in the bed.

The dream (from what I do remember) wass me running down a corridor inside a building, i was running and this woman was chasing me. I bust through these double doors and its a circular room (I'm unsure if there is another set of doors) i knee down in the center of the room. The woman walks in and goes to one of the walls where weapons are hanging up, she grabs a sword and hands it to a man standing next to the wall the man walks over to me, and I do not move. The man is brother, and he takes his sword rises it straight up and stabs me in the directly in the back.

I woke up screaming, and my head was at the foot of the bed and my feet were  on my pillow, I was screaming while still asleep and had to be woken up and told to stop. Im unsure what the dream meant but I have wondered for a long time. My other brother says it might be related to a past life where my brother wronged me. Now that I am thinking aabout it I think its a vision that my brother will wrong me in the future. What do you think?

13. #34 SiriusWolff, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013
    I had a dream i was in a colloseum like the level on halo 4 where you fly a banshee and shoot the shield generators towards the end. I was there with my friends and we were battling aliens with carbines from  halo and i had IED pipe bombs i had to use to kill them. We were being overrun and a ship came above us and started firing. Luckily i didn't die but i woke up because the sun came up.

Another i had as a kid reoccurring was one where i would walk out of my room and down the hall and then evil skeleton people would come out of the closet behind me and drag me into another dimension where it was rolling hills and it was infested with vile creatures that would all come to me and put their hands on me and start draining my life. It was literally hell.

tribal head hunters= predators,savages

then you say the people you were with were "unsavory" which im assuming means you didn't like being around them. also an association with looking for weed.

has something to do with looking for weed in a sketchy manor with sketchy people. your mind is telling you that these people will cause, or have caused you troubles.

not all dreams have a deeper meaning. some are directly influenced by movies, TV, books,and video games. the halo dream is probably from playing halo. the skeleton dream is probably from seeing some movie with skeletons and monsters when you were a kid. the hills were probably from a place where you would often visit or see.

maybe you feel intimitated by your brother on some level. the woman could be a mother figure, taking the side of your brother instead of you.

Well i think the skeleton one is a direct result of my house being haunted.

I had another were me and my parents would go to someone's house for a party. There'd be people chatting and drinking ya know the normal stuff. Well i would walk down a hallway and i'd look into the first room on my right and it had people in mime outfits in a purple and green room. Then i'd go farther down the hall and look into the next to rooms to find more people. Thing was they couldn't talk and couldn't leave the room. So i would run and get my mom first to see if she could help them. Well of course she looks in sees them then walks in. At that moment they'd all jump up and drag her in and she'd magically have the mime out fit on and couldn't talk or leave. Same thing would happen to my dad which i would then run out into the living room trying to get their attention but noone would help so i'd run out into the front yard and drop to my knees and cry. I had this dream and the skeleton one 2x or more a week.

18. do you have a hard time communicating with your parents?

19. Ya i've always had social anxiety so normal interactions were really hard for me and i was bad at it. We were the kind of family that doesn't like to talk about bad things ya know?