Dream Interpretation Thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Deleted member 95373, May 24, 2013.

1. Ever have a dream that was really powerful? Recurring dreams? Extremely vivid dreams? Nightmares? Tell me about them. I enjoy interpreting dreams and I believe that our subconscious is very active in our dreams. I think dreams are often much deeper than most people would imagine and say a lot about how you are feeling or what you are thinking about or fixated on.

So pretty much tell me about dreams that you have and I'll interpret what they mean in my opinion. Anyone else that would like to add their own interpretations are obviously welcome as well.

2. Seriously this man has skills. I was having a pretty gnarly recurring dream/nightmare, I posted about it in the lonely thread. Anyway, mike pm's me and it was scary how accurate he was.

I endorse this thread whole heartedly whatever good that does haha. I was skeptical that dreams actually meant.something but after that experience I've put a lot.more thought into what happens in my dreams

3. #3 billywest, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    I dreamed that I was standing at the side of a pond and saw a human like crocodile pop out of the water.  Not sure what to think of it.  I got  this from a dream dictionary off the web:

"To dream of an alligator represents a situation in your life that you feel is dangerous. Feeling that a problem has rocked your sense of balance or safety. Feeling shaken by something or struggling to contain a problem. Alternatively, an alligator may reflect a powerful fear you have. An alligator may be a sign that you need to put more effort into confronting your fears or speak to someone about your problems. An alligator may reflect the danger you feel from a job layoff, argument, or interpersonal problem. It may also reflect the threat of loss or feeling that a crisis may be at hand.  If you find yourself eating alligator in a dream it represents overcoming a fear or dangerous situation. You are feeling victory, success, and triumph. To dream of a blue alligator symbolizes a powerful fear of a positive situation. You possibly have strong insecurities or anxieties about something that is good for you. Example: A man dreamed of alligators following him. In real life he was trying to avoid financial bankruptcy. The alligators represented his sense of danger about his failing finances and inability to cover bills."  [Source: DreamBible.com]

I am dealing with a pretty stressful work situation right now...

4. I had a dream I got raped and my sister also had a dream I got raped, so help me out?

5. I have a recurring dream that I'm in the woods with 3 people scouting for spots for weed plants and we're being hunted by a band of tribal people. I'm serious too. I have this dream a lot. The 3 people in the dream are also unsavory people from my past. It has to mean something if I have it so much. 

6. #6 shaddytheman, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    My dreams are very vivid and almost realistic like a 3-D graphic video-game.

There was this one dream where I was walking in a deep dark path full of trees clouding my way to see if the path ever finishes, it seems like the path ended in a fork. The fork was the left or right, I did rock paper & scissors and picked left so the left seemed to be less bumpy and rocky but then I kept hearing mysterious sounds. I started to sprint light because the paranoia was kicking in LOL, as I walked further in the path so did the sounds so I start screaming "AHHH!" but then notice what a stupid mistake now nature is going basically smell and hunt my ass. There was a wooden bridge but yet in the middle of the bridge, the wood was missing so I wondering "Hmmm, how can this happen?" I was too scared of a pussy to cross so I was trying to make a plan so the plan was that I throw 5 stones in the lake then jump. 

There's a part 2 to my dream but I'm about to go to bed. 

7. Maybe once a year i have this dream that i'm almost like..Stranded in these woods in the dead of winter, this dream has always had this like..War feeling to it, anyways, so when i look to my right i see like a "Mini-Tank" coming at me with a huge head sticking out of the top, checking me out, obviously getting ready to fire on me.

So i run forward into these bushes and left out of them and run into a bear, right when hes about to attack i see i'm standing infront of a hill and dive down it, keep rolling for about a minute and then wake up, every time i have it i feel like its about a 2 minute dream but i wake up with my heart absolutely pounding, with fear, maybe anxiety i dont know but i haven't had it yet this year, if i have a dream it normally doesn't stick with me but this one has never left my mind ever since the first time i've had it, probably when i was 15 or 16. 

Also, im not lucid, when i have this dream i am always going through the motions of what i just said. 

8. I always have crazy dreams but i can never remember them

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

Most people would recommend a dream journal. I personally have trouble actually waking up to write things down for them so the dream journal isn't really for me, however just simply trying to remember all the details of your dreams consistently as you wake up will help you remember them in the long run.

I think you also have to remember that it wasn't specifically an animal, it was a human like gator. To me that means if you feel the alligator is danger, you feel the danger exists not at random but from another person. The alligator could represent at your work who has it in for you, be it boss or coworker that puts stress on your financial situation. I feel like the fact that you are at the side of the pond has significance as well. It implies to me that you might be about to make a big life change, possibly one you would consider dangerous or different(anxiety can manifest in many ways including fear/danger). What did the water look like?

I think the band of tribal people represent society in general. Perhaps it could be constant fear of getting caught with weed or something similar? In my mind as well the three people you are with clearly represent poor decision making/trouble, and I would say they are there because on some level as you run from the tribe you run from them. In an attempt to make progress you feel stuck in a rut, stuck with with your own decisions, stuck with people who aren't good for you, and being pressured by a great number of people. As I said to bub, reoccurring dreams are IMO a sign of you being in the same mental state consistently and focusing on similar things. If you want to break the pattern simply go out and do something abnormal for yourself.

The path represents your life. It's dark and things cloud your vision because you may not have a clear life goal(or one that feels muddled at the least). The fork is a decision, one you feel is important but perhaps don't know the answer to. Rock, paper, scissors, in my mind is then a chance game you play to make a decision because you are unsure. The mysterious sounds is your own anxiety nagging you about your previous choices, and as you go down the path the paranoia/anxiety gets worse because you know less. In this respect I can probably say you like to feel in-control of most situations. The wood bridge makes me feel like you may have an idea on what your working towards but it's missing pieces. As such when you don't jump the missing bridge pieces it's showing a lack of faith in a structure you previously built even though it's not completed(which shows a lack of self confidence).

You're stranded because you feel alone, the fact that it's winter specifically says the same thing. The mini tank "checking you out" implies you feel that the people who put anxiety/pressure on you do so by measuring you, and by comparing you to others(possibly implying an inferiority complex of sorts?). The bushes act as a road block and could even be representative of weed. It IMO, represents something you use/do/run to that slows your anxiety, but isn't really a fix, which is why although it shields you for a minute you soon find yourself attacked by a bear. Rolling down the hill is equivalent to a falling dream IMO, where you feel a lack of control. You choose to roll down the hill because you'd rather face unknown consequences than deal with your anxiety.

I kinda forgot to put this in the OP, but here's a disclaimer, please don't be offended by anything I have to say. It might hold no bearing in the real world, or it might hit close to home but it just comes from interpretation not malice, it's just how I see it.

10. I just wanted to add this was like about 3 years ago when I had this dream, I overcame this by crossing the path. The crossing the path part means that I have faced my fears that my anxiety was pulling me back from. 

11. Dead on man! That's wicked. 

=)

Shameless bumping occuring

13. #13 Bong Ripper 420, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    I can usually guess why I'm dreaming of something but this one I have no fucking clue, and its been about a month.

I can't remember all the details, but I remember some shit pretty clear. I was abducted by a beam up into a spaceship while looking up at the sky and there was this woman who was radiating a goldish color and slightly transparent. She had blue with maybe greenish spots over her face it reminded me of some kind of religious figure (I'm not religious), and it made me feel warm and happy. She was like a mix of a golden spirit and slightly human. I don't remember how but I had this small object put inside of my forehead because she chose me that gave me the power to fly. I felt I was probably teleporting too because scenes changed fast, from being outside in the open to an almost empty grocery isle near oranges and such with a few random people.

I should've wrote everything down when I woke up, but it went from me getting beamed up and having the power to fly after. When I woke up I felt really happy right away and just thought of it as a good dream. It's weird because I used to see a lot of UFO's over the summer, and if it were real, would've been paranoid seeing a blue beam. The whole time the dream was going on I felt really good and surprisingly calm / happy. Is it just a random ass dream about aliens and flying?

14. #14 BlazedCannabis, May 30, 2013
    I have a couple that I have had since I was little. Two I have had forever! Before my mom and dad split. They split at like four.

Oldest.. It's so weird. I can feel everything in this dream but it's so disintegrated. Big blocks, and im small. I start to swallow them. The blocks don't ha e points though. They are rounded a lil. The background is white. The blocks idk. I never really looked. It's more of a I see the background and feel it mostly. I can't swallow then. They are the size of houses. I feel like im being forced to. I choke and can't breath for a while. Then I wake up. This one I have like twice or three times a year. When I was younger it was more.

Oldest.. Somethings is happening. It can start out as any dream. Then someone is touching things. I think it's a man. I say no. They go for a switch on the wall. It's always read. And this part Kb is always the same. I say don't pull it. And they are like. This one! All smiley. Like they are doing it on purpose. Then it goes crazy. I can't think. Everything is spinning. I can't move. (the closest feeling I can't give to it is, my seizures. It starts spinning. My hearing increases and my sight goes blind sometimes. But in the dream it doesn't go blind. I just can't concentrate on whatever it happening. Then I wake. This one I have the most. This one I have like once every two years or it will happen a lot. It's weird. sometimes I have it like eight times in a couple months. But that doesn't happen often. I really think this dream has to do with my seizures. Because it's the closest thing to it. And I get so scared. And my seizures are like that too. Once a year. If that. Or a crap load in a few months kinda thing. Like since I have been dating THCandroid it has only happened twice (I think). Both times he was around. Poor guy. So that's twice in five years... Idk. Just thought I would write what I thought it could be.

This one is soo much easier to explain. I have had since I was maybe six.. There is a graveyard I use to leave by. Im driving my that. Or the car is driving itself. Idk. But my family is in the car. Zombies come. And I have to save my family. They keep somehow geting out of the car. And the graveyard goes on forever

Can't wait to hear what you think

Btw. How do you interpret these? Have you read up and takin classes? I can read handwritten and tell you about yourself. But I read up on how. And I can read palms a lil. But I don't like too. It scared the Shit out of me that I can. I don't even know how I can. So kinda asking if it come from within or you learned how.

This will probably sound weird but this sounds like a love dream. You are looking out into the unknown when a woman suddenly appears out of nowhere. She is gold because she is new, attractive, appealing and the transparency leads me to think trusting, as in nothing is hidden from her. It is her presence in you that allows your flight, you find yourself changing scenes across a large number of places because she is supposed to be someone you are spending your life with. Every where, from the wilderness to the grocery store, you feel she empowers you. I also feel like this might be more of a wanting dream, than one where you focus on someone you already know. You mentioned her face being covered, which to me means you either don't know her, or don't know her as well as you wish.

It's a combination of psychology, empathy, and symbolism mostly. I feel like it kind of comes from within in a way because I never really "learned" how to do it, but I think it's more that I was always interested in psychology, and the meanings behind things(symbolism), so with any empathy you can kind of see where it's coming from I think.

There isn't much detail because you feel helpless(nothing is coming or there that can help). The blocks could represent really anything..... water(actual fear of drowning), pressure(anxiety), time(death), or a couple other things. Honestly I think they might be just filler though. Do you suffer from sleep apnea by chance? That might be the cause of these dreams. If it's a purely psychological reason I'd either say anxiety or it's a form of night terror(which isn't actually a dream at all since you don't enter REM stages).

There is anxiety in the idea that it starts out like a normal dream, much like your life it could be any moment/any day. This dream is definitely about your seizures but I draw a couple of things from it that are interesting. I think you might be slightly self loathing because of your seizures. Since the man is unrecognizable I think of him as a manifestation of yourself, you have dealt with him and he appears to be gone until he shows up. He shows malice because you feel like it's a part of you that you can't seem to get rid of no matter how hard you try, so in your mind he is fighting back. I also feel like you don't have much faith in a future cure, pill, or anything else ever helping you rid yourself of seizures permanently. I say this because once he pulls the switch, it's over, he's won in your mind. Notice how you don't even feel like you think in those moments? Even though you have sight you don't look to see? Sure you struggle against, but you have no way to actually fight or stop him, so in your mind there is no stopping him/it.

Driving dreams(especially ones where you aren't doing it) are about a lack of control. This is about a fear of death, not for yourself but others. It's why you "have" to save your family even though there isn't really much you can do. On top of that even getting them in safe places, they continue to seemingly unknowingly get in harms way(by getting out of the car) which I think is an allegory for living their lives.

16. #16 Bong Ripper 420, May 30, 2013
    Damn you're good, and it makes sense. I could relate it to what I want and the feeling of soaring when your crazy in love with someone. It made me feel like I didn't have a care in the world and everything was perfect; I guess every dream literally means something. It's crazy how our brain interprets things subconsciously while we sleep into symbols and codes... I'm coming back when I have more interesting / vivid dreams to see your reflection, you've really got a talent at this! It's scary how accurate that was lol

Edit: I shouldn't of said "covered", because I just meant scattered all over, there were around 6 (more or less) little spots in the shapes of diamonds flashing like LED's on her face but I couldn't really get a good look even looking spot on. So either way you're still right about not seeing the face. It was definitely one of the best dreams I've ever had, I'm gonna post whatever goes through my mind tonight (if I can remember it when I wake up)

17. #17 Luc1fER, May 30, 2013
    Its been years since iv remebered a dream...help?

18. #18 Deleted member 95373, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013

Love hearing that =P

Hope you can remember in the morning and I probably should've been more clear, when I said covered I meant obstructed.

I posted this earlier..... Most people would recommend a dream journal. I personally have trouble actually waking up to write things down for them so the dream journal isn't really for me, however just simply trying to remember all the details of your dreams consistently as you wake up will help you remember them in the long run.

Other than that, try making yourself dream about what you want to dream about. When I was younger I used to set the stage in my mind, as I was trying to sleep I imagined scenarios, mostly happy, some sexual, as I drifted to sleep. These scenes would often be the very beginning of my dreams, or would be the catalyst for dreams/thoughts I had later(mostly dark sleep followed by a flash of dreams).

I stopped having consistent dreams along time ago though. Honestly I feel like the more content or happy I am, the less I dream. There are exceptions to that of course, like if something is seriously on my mind or I'm interested, really enjoyed something, had a sad moment, was perturbed by a situation, tons of stuff. Mostly I just wake up remembering nothing(I think scientists prove we always dream in some form though), when I do have dreams that I remember they are extremely long, vivid, and detail oriented. Hope this helps :wave:

19. #19 Luc1fER, May 30, 2013
    Love hearing that =P

Hope you can remember in the morning and I probably should've been more clear, when I said covered I meant obstructed.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="Luc1fER" data-time="1369891748">
    Its been years since iv remebered a dream...help?

</blockquote>
    I posted this earlier..... Most people would recommend a dream journal. I personally have trouble actually waking up to write things down for them so the dream journal isn't really for me, however just simply trying to remember all the details of your dreams consistently as you wake up will help you remember them in the long run.

Other than that, try making yourself dream about what you want to dream about. When I was younger I used to set the stage in my mind, as I was trying to sleep I imagined scenarios, mostly happy, some sexual, as I drifted to sleep. These scenes would often be the very beginning of my dreams, or would be the catalyst for dreams/thoughts I had later(mostly dark sleep followed by a flash of dreams).

I stopped having consistent dreams along time ago though. Honestly I feel like the more content or happy I am, the less I dream. There are exceptions to that of course, like if something is seriously on my mind or I'm interested, really enjoyed something, had a sad moment, was perturbed by a situation, tons of stuff. Mostly I just wake up remembering nothing(I think scientists prove we always dream in some form though), when I do have dreams that I remember they are extremely long, vivid, and detail oriented. Hope this helps :wave:

</blockquote> Damm dude your are good, yeah a journal Would only help if i can actually remeber the dreams...but When i do. They are very detailed and vivid.

Ill try out those pre-stage excersizes, Thanks.

20. When ever i was incarcerated i would dream of the streets. And when i would be on the "outs", i would dream of being incarcerated . I been out for over 10 years and i still have dreams where i am incarcerated ....