Consciousness... And What Descartes Really Discovered.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Boats And Hoes, May 20, 2013.

1. #21 Deleted member 95373, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013

Oh I see, now that it doesn't fit your narrative, the game is over.

Also the first sentence is condescending as fuck, and implies some sort of knowledge you have that I'm unaware of. Just wanted to point it out as you've been looking down your nose at me this entire exchange, and apparently over the fact that you asked me to define every single thing we we're talking about instead of taking my words at face value and giving a reply.

2. #22 Boats And Hoes, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013

The game isn't over... it never started in the first place. One can't discuss or debate anything if one doesn't move... and u don't move, u just say yay and nay with no foundation.

Take ur words at face value, really? That's the problem... face value gives no depth, just more dealings with superficiality.

3. #23 Boats And Hoes, May 22, 2013
    U say something is physical, but u can't define or express what physicality is... which is mind-blowing, and really irritating for me; which is I why I choose not to discuss this matter with u any further. It's like a person asserting that that's a car or that's not a car, but I don't even know what a car is in the first place...

Am I the only one who sees how crazy, and invalid, this form of inter-change is?? :confused:

Let the ad homs begin.

Followed by more belittling and condescension.

Just remember kids if someone disagrees with what you have to say, just attack them personally, it's always the right answer :rolleyes:

5. #25 Boats And Hoes, May 22, 2013

It was nice talking to u, friend.

I wish I could say the same.

7. #27 Boats And Hoes, May 22, 2013

Ur right, u can't, because u didn't talk to me, u simply just debated with ur own prejudices and pre-conceived notions...

P.S.

The very first question in this thread went wayy over ur head.

8. #28 Deleted member 95373, May 22, 2013

Hey more attacks, way to go, me and your parents are proud of you so you can stop with the tantrum. =)

EDIT: Lol, you edited your post to throw in the word friend.

9. #29 Boats And Hoes, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013

No, I edited my post to change it from what I orinally wrote... which was just gnna cause more arguing. If u wanna know wha I originally wrote, here it is, it was just a reflection of ur sarcasm which was intended to make fun of me, "Just remember kids if someone disagrees with what you have to say, just use saracasm to act like ur cool and know what ur talking about." -- That's what I wrote.

P.S.

Why do u take everything as an attack? And, as if someone is talking down to u? Why are u so quick to play the victim? U take things way too persoanlly, lighten up, bro, it's not a malicious arugment just a heated discussion... it's not that serious.

In my experience when people don't know what they're talking about they normally just start attacking people...........

I'm gonna chalk this up as a moral victory and leave you be now.

11. #31 Boats And Hoes, May 22, 2013

Yes, go feel good about urself by pointing out the supposed problems and defects of others... way too project ur own insecutiy onto others.

"I'm gonna chalk this up as a moral victory" -- u do that. :rolleyes:

I'm not the one attacking people, simply pointing out that you are.

I feel good about myself for a variety of reasons but bringing down other people isn't one of them, you seem to thrive on it though.

13. #33 Boats And Hoes, May 22, 2013
    Now... from all of this we can ask -- Is it the eyes that read and understand the words and puerile posts in the second page of this thread, or, does the observing mind consciously reflecting upon the data received from the vison of ur eyes allow u to understand ? U don't see with ur eyes, but with ur non-physical mind...!

14. #34 Boats And Hoes, May 22, 2013

I thought u were gonnva leave me to be...? Ah, but u succumbed to that itch which forced u to come back to try and have the last word with some sort of retort... lol I see what ur doing. :rolleyes: 

All egos are vain...

15. #35 Deleted member 95373, May 22, 2013

I do enjoy having the last word.

16. #36 Boats And Hoes, May 22, 2013

I can tell, u pothead... :poke: .

lol :smoke:

17. LOL, you have the best user name I have seen on this sight so far.....and thats saying something...

[​IMG]

18. #38 Boats And Hoes, May 23, 2013
    Is the subjective mind that reflects and thinks about experience something which is extended in space 3-dimensionally...?

19. a 'normal' person does not observe thoughts. does this mean he does not exist

it is true that to know your reality or reality at all you need to touch yourself and not your experience or mind

20. #40 Boats And Hoes, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013

1.) How can one know he or she exists without first thinking about their existence?

2.) Does an eye know its an eye? Does an eye know you are urself? Or does the mind that thinks and contemplates affirm that an eye is an eye, and u are who u are?