Second Grow In Soil - Gdps - Bay 11 Candyland, Boms - Atomic Bomb, Dnag - La Chocolat, Posi - Critical 47, Barn - Red Cherry Berry

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by medsforme, May 18, 2013.

1. Might i inquire as to what open sesame is?

one bud at a time

2. #42 medsforme, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    One of a trio of flowering nutes you give to your plants in addition to or instead of, normal flowering nutes.

You give Open Sesame to get the plant to flower quickly, then there is Beastie Bloomz which increase the size of your buds (went from 56 grams to 80 with same light, same strain), then you finish in the later weeks with Cha Ching, which increases resin production.

3. 10-4.. thanx for the info.. i just use floranova and floraliscious plus usually, this round is black label just cause its spendy and i got it for free.. they have their own bud enhancce and zym i am using as well, and started with a root enhancer also by them.. not at all anything fabulous but i got time so we will see.. back to floranova next round..

one bud at a time

4. IMG_3617-fmall.JPG
    Flowering tent.​
     ​
    IMG_3619-small.JPG
    Candyland at 17 days.​
     ​
    IMG_3620-small.JPG
    Red Cherry Berry at 22 days​
     ​
    IMG_3621-small.JPG
    La Chocolat and Bay 11 clones. La Chocolat is taking longer to recover, but should make it. I have another clone of each that are 9 days old and will be potted tonight.​

5. Looking good as always, man.  :smoke:

6. IMG_3633-small.JPG IMG_3634-small.JPG
    Flowering tent overview​
     ​
    IMG_3635-small.JPG
    LA Chocolat at 20 days​
     ​
    IMG_3636-small.JPG
    Red Cherry Berry at 28 days​
     ​
    IMG_3639-small.JPG
    Bay 11 at 20 days​
     ​
    IMG_3640-small.JPG
    Veg tent overview.​

7. IMG_3651-small.JPG
    Looks like the second Candyland is female. Will be cloning it and the Red Cherry Berry clone that is in the tent.​

8. I topped/cloned the Red Cherry Berry clone that is in the veg tent. I will give it a week or so, then I'll transfer it to the flowering tent.

I'm doing something new starting with this clone.

Instead of cutting it, root gel (going to switch to honey once that's gone) and planting in a rapid rooter, I am planting it into a cottage cheese container instead of waiting for it to show roots first. I use a small plastic bag over the cup to provide the humidity the clone needs. It also allows me to remove the humidity dome from the tent, freeing up space.

I'll be topping/cloning the Candyland today.

Will be taking more pictures of the flowering tent plants soon. They are beginning to take off in bud production. Bay 11 being a 100% Sativa, is particularly interesting since I've only grown Indicas and Hybrids.

The plants in the flowering tent are loving the 260's even though they're very close to the tops of the colas, in fact one of the LA Chocolat's colas is just about touching the light. I'll be moving them up a few clicks today since they seem to be finished with their stretching.

9. IMG_3655-small.JPG
    The RCB has already recovered from topping and will be transferred to the flower tent tomorrow at lights on. After that, Candyland gets topped/cloned and, after a few days, moved into the flowering tent.​

10. Great first journal man, i'm also subbed to this one.

11. Moved one of the two Bay 11 clones into the Flowering tent next to it's already stretched and flowering sister. I didn't top it, since I want to see how it grows in comparison to its sister. I also already have another clone that I cut from the older sister right before putting it into the flowering tent because I was concerned that the first two clones (Bay11 and LA Chocolat) might not survive.

I also moved the topped Red Cherry Berry clone to the flowering tent next to its sister.

I will be topping the Candyland in the veg tent tonight if at all possible. I have one spare space in my flowering tent, and that is going to be for Candyland one she recovers from the topping.

More pictures in the next day or so. The next two weeks I should really see the flowering plants putting on weight. As it stands now, it looks like a September harvest.

12. I'm getting really excited to see this red cherry berry once dried and cured!

13. It's going to be interesting to see how much more I get this time around. Last time it wasn't topped, nor did it get anything special other than a week or so worth of Cha Ching. It was also under a CFL for most of Veg. Still, I was very impressed with it and tried my best to ration the 30 grams or so that I got from it. Even though I like Indicas, I must admit I'm gravitating towards Hybrids, especially for non-nighttime use. This motivated my interest in Candyland, since there's a decent about of Indica in there.

14. IMG_3656-small.JPG
    Red Cherry Berry at 34 days​
     ​
    IMG_3657-small.JPG
    LA Chocolat at 26 days​
     ​
    IMG_3658-small.JPG
    Bay 11 at 26 days​

15. i have noticed that hybrids yield the best too. one of the better yielding hybrids i have grown was chemdog from greenhouse. everything is looking good ive always wondered about led lights. have you ever used them in conjunction with hid lighting???

16. To me using LED + HID defeats the purpose of switching to LED in the first place. I was using an 85w 3000K CFL (mogul base) in my flower tent to supplement the LED before I got the second light, but only was able to use it a few weeks, as the CFL generated much more heat than the LED.

I've been looking at getting a few from GHS, Chemdog being one of them. So many strains, so little space. :smoke:

17. greenhouse makes good quality strains i suggest them to anyone

18. I topped the Candyland just now, with the rapid rooter cube being placed inside a soil filled cottage cheese container and covered with a plastic bag to act as a humidity dome.

A good misting to all the plants in veg. They look so nice right after I do so.

Yeah, they're legends. I'm going to get good at the strains I've got going, then scale down to one of each, so I can add three more strains to my flowering tent. Having a choice of six types would be wonderful!

19. Was up medsforme & grasscity how's it hanging? Back on here after some issues with the law. Lately, I've been growing a strain one of my friends gave me from clone though its Critical Kali Mist from Delicious Seeds. I haven't been able to get seeds to me through customs since my 420 order they even took my re-ship:angry: but the clones they were the worst out his bunch I wanted to see if I could keep them alive . This strain is amazing to me their taller than me:D I'm really liking sativas. They finally stop growing 10 weeks in to flowering I have a journal on it if anybody want to check it out I'll add a link. I finally popped my Red Berry Cherry around the 16th but she has really been struggling to grow so I threw it in to the flowering room to see what will happen. I did this with my worst mist clone and she turned out great. I'm also going to get two strains from Green House. Going to get The Doctor (again) & Exodus Cheese im ordering to my friends house to see if I get them. Great grows meds everything looks real good keep it up. Feels great to grow your own chronic now huh? It does for me:lol:

1375516170907.jpg My Red Berry Cherry how did you like yours?
    Sent from my Xoom using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I really liked my Red Cherry Berry and regretted not cloning it in my last grow, as it is a keeper for sure. In order of what I've grown, it breaks down like this.

1.Critical 47
    2.Red Cherry Berry
    3.THC Bomb

Mind you, THC Bomb is nice, but in retrospect, it has too much Indica for me, and I get sleepier than I would like to.

To grow for myself has changed my life in terms of health. Not having to deal with people who don't know their strains, unknown growing methods, etc, in addition to the savings and control over what and how much I have, is something everyone who smokes should look into.