Coin in the grinder?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by jaytrees, May 15, 2013.

1. yea i put a coin in my grinder but every god damn time i smoke and use my grinder the coin always seams to leave the grinder then i can never find it!

2. Unnecessary and change is dirty.

Freeze the grinder and take it out and tap the sides on a desk if u wanna loosen the stuck kief

3. i see no point in doing it. plus i usually spend all my coins lol

4. I use a penny and a dime for smaller grinders

5. I put the coin in the section that collects the ground weed, then I shake the grinder for 10 seconds. Anybody that says this is useless has no clue, I get 3x more kief doing this. :bongin:

6. I used to do this but stopped once I noticed a metallic taste in my herb! I was using a dime. Different metals prolly give different tastes

Sent from my LS670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I used to do this but stopped once I noticed a metallic taste in my herb! I was using a dime. Different metals prolly give different tastes

Sent from my LS670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

</blockquote>
    Really? I've never noticed, I do always clean the coin very well before it goes in though. Money is disgusting..

8. #28 gloppypop, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    I don't do this, although I'm sure it works fine. I'd wash the coin very well first and probably use a dime, though.

I just shake it. And if I really want a lot of kief, I'll put my grinder in the freezer for 10min or so first, then put on gloves and pound it a bit.

9. I tried that a while back. I put the kief on top of the weed in the bong or a joint. Then I thought "WTF? That kief was originally on the bud. Why am i being so trendy and seperating what could be smoked all at once?"

10. One way to always get a little extra kief other than the coin is put your grinder in the freezer. With or without bud it will produce a shit load of kief. You can even put the coin in to help and it's very nice. Good luck pal

11. I save the kief separately because I make pressed hash out of it, but if I didn't do that I wouldn't fuss with it..

12. yeah man i learned this from a old hippy def is good in my book.

13. Hi, I'm new here first post.

I don't recommend the coin in the grinder for a few reasons- money is filthy, it can damage the screen over time, and will cause plant matter to get mixed into your kief chamber, resulting in a lower quality product.

When I want to increase the amount of trichomes being collected I will gently brush the grinder screen with a soft bristled paintbrush or tiny brush that comes with a beard trimmer.

[​IMG]

14. If you want to do it, clean the coin until it shines like a mofo. It does collect more kief, but more plant matter will be collected also. If you don't shake it with bud in the grinder, you won't notice a huge difference in your bowl or joint. I use this method to shake trichomes through that are just stuck to the grinder after every use and it makes quite a difference.

15. Coins are dirty as fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Weed