Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, May 15, 2013.

1. Unfortunately, SS, it does need to be decarbed and it's a little late for that. There is usually a fairly good amount left with just a single run and would ordinarily be worthwhile, if it were decarbed. You could make the GD but then just keep it in a cabinet for about 4 months and it will decarb naturally. You could then reduce it to potency or use it for a base for future projects. [​IMG]

2. Could I do the extraction, strain/filter yada yada yada, then put the mixture in a sealed mason jar and put that in a pot of boiling water to decarb?

3. I'd be a little leery of doing that unless you can figure a way to keep the sealed jar from exploding from the vapor buildup inside it. [​IMG]

4. Hi PSam an friends, sounds like SS might be able to do what I did with that tinc I forgot to decarb ? Reduce it to oil ??? I did that and smeared it on rolling papers. Twas wonderful !!
    Thanks

5. That's a great idea, dd. That'll work. [​IMG]

6. Not my idea, I learned that from u. I started out soaking skins an letting them dry, then I cooked it on down an used a toothpick to spread it. Light it on fire = instant decarb right ??. Didn't have the means to let it sit, so guess gotta do what's gotta be done. Think he said he already did a first run on it ??? Would be a good test to see how efficient it was. If ya cook it down an there ain't nothing left. There's your answer, LoL. Guess if ya can get and afford the EC, go for it !!!
    Peace
    DD

7. I just ended up running it again. I'll let it dry and dab it.

8. I have suggested this thread to 3 folks today alone. So I will bump it for their convenience.

9. PSam is the Man with the Plan

10. just curious, has anyone tried an electric martini/cocktail shaker? I wonder if they have enough force for this. It would be nice to be able to leave a jar of bud/alcohol in the freezer and just pop it in the shaker a couple times a day for a couple days.

Thanks

Solo

11. The longer you leave the ethanol and cannabis combined the more chlorophyll you will get.

More chlorophyll = worse taste.

Sam's recipe works GREAT the way it is. After following Sam's threads for almost 3 years I can tell you that most folks who thought that they could improve wound up worse off.

Follow the recipe with one exception. The decarb time has been extended to 240 F for 40 minutes.

After you've followed the recipe a few times and you want to tweak, go ahead, just not now.

12. Thanks. Is it a bad idea to pre-decarb your flowers? Like go ahead a decarb an oz and stick it in the freezer, and pull out 1/4 as you need it?ThanksSolo

13. Howdy, Solo. While you wouldn't want to leave the material and alcohol mixed for too long because of the chlorophyll, you can still use a shaker or a stick blender or drink whip instead of physically shaking it. You wouldn't want to nor need to use it for long, just a few minutes. [​IMG]

14. In fact, it's a good idea but don't get carried away. If you have it to spare, go for it. There is one thing to keep in mind, though. When the material freezes, the trichomes become brittle and fall off, which is what we want for easier extraction but I would suggest placing a quarter in separate small jars to ensure that your trichome ratios remain equal instead of falling to the bottom of a larger jar. I hope that makes sense. [​IMG]

15. Hey Sam, thought you were on vacation. Cool stuff you been putting up on the main thread, I don't understand most of it, but that's OK, most students don't get it . LoL. Speaking of keif, I've been wondering. I have been decarbing and freezing. Then I either dry sift or use ice water to extract the trichomes, this saves me a lot of 190, or 151. Cant get 190 in Mi.,thn make my tinctures using grams per fl/oz

16. Damnit, wasn't done, hit wrong button. Question was about if I am losing out on canabinoids or terps by just using the keif. Just a thought, ya know. What's in the plant material besides chlorophyll that I'm losing out on ???? The tincs are phenomenal. Thank you so much !!!!!
    DD

17. I start Friday or Saturday morning depending when I finish my last batch of GD to take with me. Easier than traveling with a lot of bud.

Frankly, dd, I don't understand a lot of the stuff in the tests, either, but I'm leaning quite a bit. I've just touched the surface. There are a lot of other tests, including kief, that are coming, already done but not fully analysed yet.

I'm really glad the kief guide has been such a success for you. It's about the easiest process after you get the kief potency dialed in. I have a few grams I'm going to play around with when I get back. [​IMG]

18. Sam, sorry for being a PIA, use the term "current batch of GD" as opposed to last batch.

Makes me CRAZY when the pilot says "we are now making our FINAL descent.

Nooooo I don't want a "final" descent . I want to arrive in whatever city I may be traveling to.

In any event Sam, you have a GREAT vacation. You certainly deserve one.

19. hi i got a oz of ice,got the vodka,i presume i dont need a decarb?just frezze the ice crumble and add the vodka,shake and leave for 5 hours?will i need a 2nd wash?

20. #700 PsychedelicSam, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
    Greetings, maddmaxxx. Is "ice" a strain or a type of crumble? Sorry for my ignorance but it sounds like a concentrate, right? If that's the case then it should just dissolve in the alcohol and there would be no need for for a second wash. It would be better if you could get a 151 proof instead of 80. If it's a concentrate you don't need the freezer unless you have a lot of chlorophyll. Room temperature would be best especially if using lower proof alcohol.

You will need to decarb unless it was decarbed before it was made into crumble.

Before you use the whole thing, put a small crumb of crumble in a shot glass of your vodka and stir, I've never used anything less than 151 so I can't tell you exactly how long you'll need to let it sit to fully dissolve. 80 proof is 60% water so it may take a while. [​IMG]