Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dragon Lite.....another Tincture Thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, May 15, 2013.

1. Only problem now.... Everclears illegal in Cali. Where can I find some or orser online?

2. There are a number of online places that will send it to you, including Amazon. The shipping is the worst part, almost as much as the liquor. If you're anywhere near Arizona, you can get it there. Nevada doesn't have it but Oregon does. There is a 151 Everclear so be sure you get the 190. The difference it makes is worth the effort.  :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. #263 STIGGY, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    Sam Brings a question to mind
    With Glycerin transfer (slow method) 4 months in bed shake shake shake.......................
    Would it help the transfer if I added a little dab of 190 to the mix?
    The fluid is so viscus it hardly moves in the jar when shakened not stirred

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fZuW-aJsg

• Like Like x 1
    That's the way it should be. One of the things I started to do after a while was to just turn the jar upside down every other day so the material at the top that doesn't get shaken around as much has a chance to soak a little better. After a couple of weeks you'll notice the glycerin on the bottom get darker and darker. If you can keep it at 75-80 it won't be quite as viscous. You can always add more glycerin but it wouldn't be as strong for the pen.  :) 

• Like Like x 1
    How much hash do you have? You can use as much as you want as long as it's well covered by the vodka. The AK-47 is a good one for a buzz whereas the Cheese would be the one for sleep. You can make a tincture from your bho, too, that you can take orally. That cake sounded good when you mentioned it. 

Since you only made 10 ml, start with a half ml. Because it is AK 47, you may want to test it out before using it to sleep. You don't want to take a sleep dose and wind up staying up because of the Sativa effects.  :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was looking around for everclear and simeone offered to.make n sell me moonshine. Should I use this? Or should be wary

It would work as long as you can know that the alcohol volume is at least 90% but more preferably.  :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm attempting this weekend. I got an ounce, and I'm gonna make 4 seperate tinctures with different variations of methods I've seen. First one wil be yours identically (with decarb cause it's fresh). Another will be the same exact method but not using the freezer at all. Method #3 will be using freezer, but will go on for one mornth (always shaking and same alcohol)but I'll let sit for a month), and the 4th will be 3 months (again with the initial alcohol)

I will write a well detailed post with details and pictures of each of the 4 methods. I've read so much in tinctures, but I need toi figure out for myself which will be most potently efficient.

Curious, if your average dose is 5 drops, how many doses in your exact method? (7g-3.5 oz) just wondering cost Effiency...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'm aware it depends on how muh you evaporate, but say you go halfway as you've mentioned...

That's really going to depend on a lot of things. My 5 drop tincture will likely be different than a 5 drop for you or someone else. That 5 drop from me is at 4g/oz strength which would be reduced a bit more but let's assume that you do get titrated at 5 drops of your GD. There are approximately 40 drops of alcohol in a milliliter. At five drops/dose, you would get 8 minimum titrated doses per ml and then you can do the math from there. It's going to vary from batch to batch and depends on tolerance. Even at 1ml per dose, you'll get 30 doses per fluid ounce.  :) 

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Perfect. That's what I was looking for...and also I'm hoping your technique works well as I didn't wanna have it soak for 2 months faster the better lol ur I guess worst comes to worst I can always get a cycle going to not run out

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Hey..after 10 days..now tested the dragon with vodka and hash..1 gram to 10 ml..ITS works but there is mutch Oil in the hash back..the vodka is not strong like everclear..so i have to get some High prof vodka..but ITS works,so with everclear Will it be Real good:) sorry my english:)

13. In your opinions, what's the downside to tinctures? The way I see it, it's the easiest to use discreetly, you can easily transfer t into drinks or food, it stores well (thanks to the alcohol I'm assuming) and it seems like maybe not the easiest, but not dealing with heat definitely ups the "foolproofness" of this method. I'm hoping it's as good as advertised. I'm looking for anxiety/pain relief. Always good dank but never know if sati a or indicate strong. I'll keep updating with presults

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Running out is the only downside :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    The higher percentage of alcohol you have the better the end product, so even with 151 Everclear it will be much better. Use about 15-20ml per gram of hash. Your hash still had oil in it because it didn't sit long enough for the low volume of weak alcohol to extract it all. It will get better the more you do it.  :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey Psam,

I've saved up about a half gram of kief from many different buys, some from 2 years ago likely, and another half gram of 2 year old hash as well. Could I just break it up well, and freeze it already in the dropper bottle, then add the frozen alcohol after 24 hours and shake? That way I wouldn't lose any hash in a transfer. Would this still work the same?

17. Anything that old is going to already be decarbed and good to go. Use a mortar and pestle to powder it up for better extraction. Just be sure there's enough room in your bottle for the hash and the alcohol. Let the hash soak as long as you want before straining. It doesn't take long but I like to give it a day or two anyway.  :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. #278 240sxLover, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Is it fine if I don't strain? I'm not afraid of getting a bit of hash in my mouth. I'm just trying to make the most potent tincture I can, and this is the sum of a long term stash I've been saving for such a project.

I made a tincture with your recipe before, leaving in the hash. It was made from weaker and less material though, so I'm wanting to make one that really puts me on my ass.

No need to filter. The hash will eventually hard pack on the bottom and you'd have to have a pry bar to loosen it up so there won't be a problem with it. And it can only improve the flavor. 

Enjoy!  :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. This is so awesome! I'm gonna make some for 4/20/2015!

• Like Like x 1