Cant get a job to save me life. Fuck it, Im pursuing my passion. Hip Hop.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ChronicPhonix, May 15, 2013.

1. #1 ChronicPhonix, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    N

2. Yo, traffic, traffic, puttin on my chapstick. Feelin kinda carsick. There's a ford maverick...

3. Let us hear what you've got

4. If it was that easy people would be doing it all day, very very few people can make a living through music, let alone hip hop. Not saying you can't do it, saying if your going to, approach it with a very intelligent view rather than just trying to ram your head through with wasted effort and time. 

5. I got a kanye vibe off this, except he was making like 3 beats a day. You sound like you're bout it, so apply yourself. People are going to say "what if this doesn't work out for you", but having a plan b only distracts from plan a. If you really want something you'll give everything you have to get it. The music industry is in no way shape or form guaranteed, but the real issue that knocks off all these artists is the fact that they keep asking "what if". Don't travel that road and you'll be alright 

6. Well it sounds like you are passionate about hiphop, thats a big apart of it....but definitely post some of your stuff, if its good, i might buy it, and ill definitely give feedback regardless.  Follow your dreams man, just dont expect it to be easy, you really have to give it your all to make it, especially nowadays, when its harder and harder to find quality music....

theres a million dollar rap right there

8. An example of an intelligent view for me would be having a plan to go around labels, theres no garauntee you'll be apart of one so plan not to be..Theres just a whack of shit you need to take into consideration when your making music so just make sure you take the time to do it properly.

For example, theres alot of cats i know that grew up playing music and just play because they love it and blow all the money they make at shows and this and that, but the thing you have to understand is that if you have more money going out then coming in, nobody is gonna wanna do buisness with you, because thats just what this is, a buisness, if a label sees your not bringing in money, theres no chance for them to make money off you so why would they even consider you?

This idea trickles throughout all of music, down to having a clothing line, shoes, whatever possible income you can provide and brand with is something that has to be done, it generates more money which in turn provides more options. 

9. Wuddup bitch nggas it's Larry Bird on the track
    Talk smack, hit a fade, Reggie Miller comin back
    Headed back, to the trap, black chrome, cadillac 
    Drunk hoes in the back, so I ain't drivin fast 

10. #10 ChronicPhonix, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
    Hey I hear ya guys. And I agree. Have a lyric about it matter of fact.

"Seems like everybody wanna be a rapper to me,
    Instantly, tryna hop from point A to Z,
    But it's whatever,
    I just do it for fun,
    I don't wanna be the best, or the next Big Pun,
    I wanna spill my mind on a paper canvas,
    And bag a thick dime piece who's fluent in Spanish,
    Fuck it,
    I stay confined within my ill mind,
    Real eyes realize a person with a real grind,"

11. Also, as i said previously, this is about money, shitty music is created every single day with the sole purpose of making money which goes against everything music, creating good music isn't really that hard, the hard part today is marketing your shit properly so that people actually listen to it.

Thats all i have to say, just some shit nobody really wants to talk about. 

12. earth is my plaunet

13. wish i could sell beats. but people are lame and expect free shit.

14. mac miller sucks

I get all my beats free, i wish i could support independent music but it just ain't an option for me or most people, at this point anyways. 

16. If you think your beats will get you some decent cash I'd definitely try setting up a page on Soundclick. A guy I knew from Canada set up a page on there and after 2 years on there he's now produced for T.I. and Travis Scott who's on Kanye West's label.

17. I recommend having sex with someone famous and piggy backing off of the attention. How big is your penis?