Homemade Grow Box Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mr.StonedSquirrel, May 14, 2013.

1. Recently I've decided to build a grow box. I can't just go to a store whenever I want, so I'm mostly using things I find around the house. So far I have a plastic storage container (14 inches x 21 inches) lined with tin foil, a by Solid Savings">computer fan for outtake (exhaust) and a wireless fan for intake, and three 20w cfl lights.

I know I don't have that much space, but I need to be stealthy and I only intend on having 1 plant maybe 2. Some people think tin foil isn't the best reflector to use. If it's absolutely needed to be replaced, I have a by Solid Savings">Thermarest pad that goes under sleeping bags or something. Should I could keep the tin foil, or should I replace with the thermarest? Do you think my set up will work at all? If it does work what should I expect the yield to be for 1 plant, 2 max. What brand soil and nutrients would you recommend (preferably something I could pick up at Wal-Mart). Any advice and tips is appreciated. peace  :smoke:

Here are my photos: http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/MrStonedSquirrel/media/homemade%20grow%20box/picture004_zps773848c8.jpg.html?sort=2&o=0

2. for such a small low light grow the reflective surface isn't going to make big differences, I mean, as long as its a bright colour or whatever, obviously not black lol. in that space I would probably only have the one. you could get an oz or close to it from that. have a look at the link in my signature that is called miniature flood and drain. it pretty much is what you have described. but hydro obviously, not soil. but I think a soil grow would do better. the reason I have such a weird set up on that one is because the idea is to grow as much weed as I can in a pot noodle pot (1 UK pint).

defo go ScrOG if you can, it will allow you to veg longer than the height would normally allow and keep the canopy nice and even and full

3. here's a photo of what it looks like...

[​IMG]

4. @[member="GoldGrower"] Thanks for the reply, I'll look into it. In that photo is the box lined with normal copy paper?

5. it's lined with black/white plastic sheeting. although it doesn't get hot in there paper would make me feel uneasy. plus it let's quite a bit of light through. if photons can pass through the paper they aren't being reflected