Evil quotes from the bible, explain these Christians

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by FID, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. See? haha did I call it or did I call it?

Oh, you don't like parts of your 'holy book' that was EDITED and VOTED ON by Romans? lololol

No easy solution to rape? I think rape was an evil act thousands of years ago, I still think its an evil act today. We should never force rape victims to be lifelong partners with the rapists, that's just fucking stupid. Even a shepard in a dirty desert could see that.

2. This "holy bible" that so many Americans base their lives on, is an edited, man-made compendium of works, that was literally voted on by Romans in the 4th century.
    http://www.deism.com/bibleorigins.htm

Little to no Americans know this, because the religously indoctrinated are usually very ignorant and unaware of the reality of the world around them. No to mention they score lower on every test about religion you give them compared to atheists.
    Atheists, agnostics most knowledgeable about religion, survey says - Los Angeles Times

3. If christians made sense they wouldn't be christians. They can't really explain anything, they just quote the bible.

4. As long as there is religion , there can be no peace. Religion divides instead of unifies.

5. It has nothing to do with what I like, the old testament itself says it.

"The time is coming, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. \t\t\t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t32 \t\t\t\tIt will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers"

Anyway, you lost credibility from the beginning of this thread when you quoted a parable.

6. Oh please Kush, you have lost credibility on threads with mistakes much more worse than him not noticing a parable. Please spare him the lashing, oh credible one. :rolleyes:

And yes Xtreme Chaos, christians are famous for reading, respecting, and following the OT and then when confronted with its ugliness, turn and claim they follow the NT and that the OT was only included to show the prophecy of Jesus and the NT. And nobody pushes this bullshit finer than our friend, Kush Lord here.

7. I follow the OT? You must be confusing me with someone else.

8. #28 Postal Blowfish, May 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013
    In other words, you got nothin'.

God: perfect, but jealous as fuck.
    God: loves you, but you'll burn forever if you're taught the wrong religion.
    God: gives you free will, you must use it exactly as he said or he will murder you.

Tell me, how am I supposed to love such an abusive god with my heart, knowing all about its evil nature? The genocide. The slavery. How would I love a god that is responsible for these things if I wouldn't love a person who was?

The hypocrisy is necessary to hold the ruse. None of what I quoted is really the truth.

Yes, it's the whole world that's brainwashed, and not just the religious. Reminds me of a saying I heard on an episode of Justified the other day: "if you meet an asshole in the morning once in awhile, they're just assholes. If you meet assholes all day long, could be you're the asshole." Please do note that I'm paraphrasing a quote, not trying to call anyone a name. I'm just saying, if you have to insist that the entire world is brainwashed, it might be that you're the one who's brainwashed.

Just look at what I had to say in response to your first quote. You look silly defending that stuff.

Why did you involve yourself?

Except when it's time to hate some gays.

9. I agree with your first statement. But quotes from the old testament are certainly from a time that has past long ago. One should be mindful of this.

i know this is very Buddhist of me, but religion does not divide - mind does. :)

10. We should all discard the barbaric portion. But since that isn't happening, I'd say it's fair game.

11. God loves you but if you break one of his rules you'll burn in hell forever but he loves you.

12. Here's free will.

You did it wrong, now I'm gonna drown all your shit.

Love you guys!

:laughing: someone is a little unstable

13. I'm going to make you say no, and slaughter your children because of it.

14. I don't think the "out of context" claim should be blamed on atheists. It's not atheists who take Luke 19:27 out of context. Atheists don't even follow that verse literally or figuratively.

But, that particular verse was used as a reason to justify the Crusades. So if anyone was taking it "out of context", it was those types of Christians who interpreted the verse literally.

That was a big "Whoops!" on their part, I suppose. :(

15. Its not about blaming atheists or Christians, the blame is on the individual who didnt read anything prior or beyond the little snippet of text to understand its context.

16. So you're fine with rape, infanticide, mindless violence etc. Quoting an earlier response I gave

17. I never said i'm "fine" with it. War is a reality, nobody said its pretty. In the old testament, you see that God was building his kingdom through Israel. War and death may infact be necessary, just like killing off a virus, if you don't do anything it'll spread, infect and destroy the whole. Not sure what you want me to say.

18. Infanticide was necessary? Rape was necessary? Those things might have been a reality, but encouraging it certainly wasn't helping.

19. My whole thing with all this is, would death really even matter?

I mean if god's real then all of reality is just kind of a 'simulation,' an illusion so to speak.

Possibly death in this life is just as serious or lasting as a death in a dream. Who's to say when we die we don't continue on somewhere else?

If I were to ask you to empirically prove that you can live after dying in a dream, would you be able to present that data?

20. No one gives a crap about hypotheticals. Death matters to most of us. The ability to delude yourself into thinking that it's not final is irrelevant. Moral people can easily understand that infanticide is bad, rape is bad, and would never defend people who call for these things to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.