Evil quotes from the bible, explain these Christians

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by FID, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 FID, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
    Luke 19:27
    But those enemies of mine who did not want me king over them. Bring them here and kill them in front of me.

Sex slavery

Exodus 21:7-11
    When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
    If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

The bible on slavery

Leviticus 25:44-46
    However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

1 Timothy 6:1-2
    Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5

2. You read it wrong. God loves you, and stuff. He will prove it to you as your skin hisses and pops from being on fire forever.

3. Haha, Christians never answer me when I ask them these verses. If there is a (christian) god, he is a sadistic psychopath; and he's coming for you.

4. Go ahead. Seriously defend your god you cant

5. If your a christian that means you've never actually read the book. They've probably never heard these quotes

6. I read the Bible when I was a Christian. I made excuses for it. I was not a life long Christian, though. The indoctrinated don't have to read the Bible, indoctrination comes via other people.

7. This is not an attack on the topic or forum author. I am not a Born again Christian either. But knowledge and understanding is another thing. Instead of understanding what the Christian Bible teaches old and new testament you throw out a few quotes and say HAha see see. My friend i am not here to protect the christian. But the bible is full of evil quotes and verse's, people killed and raped and prayed for revenge and also understand that the bible teaches about love and forgiveness but also teaches that Jesus Christ will come back to MAKE WAR with those against God. The Bible teaches either you believe in Jesus truly with your heart or you WILL GO TO HELL. Yes God is love and all, but also a Jealous that wants it his way or the highway.

My Friend its the brainwashing of the world you fall prey to. the propaganda of how a christian should be has formed an image in your mind and you believe that the christian should be perfect and without SIN the bible does not teach that or say that. it teaches that if you say you are without SIN then the truth is not in you and you are a liar. So before you attack and laugh at a group of people that believe in something. Educate yourself first. You sound silly. Thank you for your time.

8. One should keep in mind that these quotes are from individuals that lived thousands of years ago in the arid middle east. Slavery and sex were perhaps treated differently then, no? As for the first quote, I am not so sure about that one.

9. That may be so, but the bible is suppose to be the message of god and that some random people wrote down. If any lick of it were true and a compassionate god said these things either he's fucked in the head or the bible isn't so

10. I never said a christian should be without sin. In fact the christian faith teaches that's impossibruh. But the bible does infact teach these things go read it not the short version. Don't just just go throwing insults at people who try and question strange things in the book saying they are uneducated and silly

11. Luke 19:27 -- Jesus was simply telling a parable, you took it out of context...The Parable of the Ten Minas: Luke 19 NIV

As for slavery, it was a common reality during those days. Most likely not the sort of "slaves" you're thinking of, they were actually paid for their work.

There is no easy solution when it comes to rape. Virginity was very important during those times, a woman who was raped would be considered damaged goods...so either she lives alone for the rest of her life or the man has to marry her and support her for life.

Anyway, none of that applies today, Christians follow the new testament.

12. Certainly, the Christian doctrine is not perfect. But exactly, I agree with you completely. I feel like there are other aspects of Christianity that are more unwholesome.

13. This is just an attack on christians. Idc what anyones religion is . Just dont involve me

14. But it should be perfect. Jesus was supposedly perfect. Why in the hell would the one and only god introduce himself, his law, later on his son/himself, and more teachings in one of the most illiterate parts of the world where the sacred text that comes out of it all is flawed, ugly, and immoral? It makes zero sense.

15. It's not an attack on christians, it's a criticism of the book christians live by and a demand that they explain how they can believe and support this book. And nobody involved you, you involved yourself when you posted in this thread. :rolleyes:

16. Im not saying i was involved it was a general statement about religion

17. Its all taken out of context. Its actually funny you think this proves anything hahahah God, thank you for making people like this:)

18. 1 Timothy 2:12-I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.
    1 Samuel 15:3-Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.
    Isaiah 13:15-18-Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;
    their houses will be looted and their wives violated.

Care to put rape, infanticide and sexism in context, nick32?

19. Religous people often pick and choose the parts of the bible they want to follow.

Thats why you'll hear so often, "Oh, thats just the old testament."

20. christians dont use logic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.