Crazy Sleep Paralysis Stories??

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ToTheDomeee, May 10, 2013.

1. I've had sleep paralysis three times. Once like six months ago, and I saw this thing in my widow that was like a mix between a dementor from Harry potter, and the grim reaper. It was just kinda floating there. I was freaking the hell out. Then last week, I had sleep paralysis twice in one night, both times seeing the same dark figure in the corner of my room, talking in a loud demonic voice. I'm not even kidding I yelled "I have Jesus, bitch!" And then it kinda went away. Couldn't sleep soundly for the rest of the night. I'm kinda buzzed so excuse my grammar ✌️Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. nothing to be worried about. you most like;y almost had a lucid dream but didnt, cuz when that happens you cant move and you get scary hallucinations of demons and shit looking at you

3. Try to stay as calm as possible. You don't technically have to get "diagnosed" since it happens to everyone. Your spine is paralyzed when you're asleep so you can't act out your dream actions...when your mind awakens and your body stays paralyzed it's now up to your personal fortitude. Afraid and unable to move, your mind can hallucinate the scariest things tailored to your personal fears. However if you're familiar with the feeling and understand what's happening in that moment you can project positive energy and avoid the scary hallucinations.I'm sorry you're having this bro but good luck!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. That sensation has happened to me before but I kind of like it. Not gonna lie

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I got sp a week ago. So I woke up and couldn't move, talk, or do anything. I swear my heart was beating 10 times a second and I thought I was getting possessed lol. I called out Jesus's name and i was able to move.

Sp is freaky because as much as you try to scream, you can't.

Sent from my iPad Air

6. I've only had SP a few times in my life, almost all when I was in middle and high school. I was a really bad insomniac in those days and the experience would happen as I tried to fall asleep rather than waking up; I'd try to lay perfectly still and ignore any desire to move my body in hopes of forcing myself into the sleep I wanted so badly, though this just brought on SP. 

Before it would happen there was these weird thinking states that I would go through (A million times I've been in one of these states that conflates some issue in my life and makes me come to all kinds of conclusions that I totally find erroneous upon waking up later). Another state I haven't seen since I was really little, despite having had SP several times unaccompanied by it. It involved a more visual change; I would imagine an object and it would seem simultaneously very large and very small, and looked so strange but I can't articulate how, it was very '3D' but I know that's an awful descriptor. I mentioned it to a friend and he seemed to know exactly what I was talking about so maybe you guys can relate.

In SP I would usually look up to see a hooded figure in my doorway, and while it certainly felt sinister, it never approached me or anything, just stood there. The most vivid experience I had involved a much more extravagant hallucination, taking me out of my room. I found myself alone around a fire. I was in these woods that didn't seem to have any kind of underbrush, just trees regularly spaced as far as my fire's light allowed me to see (which wasn't far). Around the fire with me was this metallic-slab-like thing up against a tree. I noticed a slit near the top where two sinister eyes peered directly into mine. I could feel the hostility and attempted to abandon the fire but couldn't move a muscle. A few moments later I was back to normal consciousness. 

7. it started happening to my dad back in his 20's soon after one of his cousins got murdered. the way he would explain it to me was that he would see a shadow start creeping up to him and he would not be able to move. my mom got to experience it happen to my dad and he was awake when it happened to him though. but anyways it kept happening to him at least once or twice a year until he got fed up, but it stopped and we didint see any of that bother us for a few years,. four years ago though it happened to me for the first time. i was 17 at the time and after the first time i went about 6 months without an incident but after those 6 months i got them pretty often. i hear it has to do with your nerves. like if you drink alot of caffeine or alter your nerves, alot of superstitious people say its a demon or a ghost trying to climb onto you. not saying i believe or dont believe but in my personal opinion i think its your subconcious telling you you have done something morally wrong. 

8. It's not a demon or a ghost or a subconscious self chastisement, it's simply a transitional period between consciousness and unconsciousness where your mind is awake but your body isn't, hence the sensation of paralysis. This sensation of paralysis in turn, makes most of us panic and hallucinate about possible explanations to the paralysis and thats why we have nightmares. How ever, i recently found out that you can take advantage of this transitional period to practice lucid dreaming. Just a couple months ago i felt the sensation of paralysis creeping on as i slept and instead of panicking i reassured myself that everything was ok and thats when i realized i was conscious to a certain extent. So i focused on dreaming about a specific theme and it worked. In my dream i could make anything happen by just thinking about it and it was awesome. So basically, next you feel the good ol SP creeping up, just stay calm and practice lucid dreaming instead! Cheers

9. Just woke up from a nap. As I was waking up, I went through SP. it felt like ages and I just couldn't move my body. I opened my eyes and I saw jesus on my wrist. I always go through this when I have a nap in the day time. I know it's my mind ect but fuck, it still scares me every time. I also get into astral projection. That's alot of fun

sent from a phone that hasn't been invented yet

10. When I was about 15 or something I had a bout of sleeping paralysis that lasted a few minutes.

I was in my Grandmother's house, pretty old place, and I was always creeped out at night. Anyway, I went to bed and went to go to sleep, lay there for about 30 minutes and feel asleep but I was aware. Managed to open my eyes and I saw a little girl in a white dress in the corner of the room just staring at me. Her eyes were like black holes, and she just slowly walked towards me. Looked like her bones were cracking into place as she was moving, and I could just hear a wheezing breathing. Managed to snap out of it before she got too close, but it was freaky as fuck. 

I'm not a believer in spirits or demons and shit. I just watched a lot of horror movies as a kid.

11. that has happened to me once.  i "woke up", but i couldnt move at all.  i could see everything in the room i was in, but i could also tell i was still sleeping?  then i woke up for real, but nothing in my vision changed. its weird as fuck, hard to explain and describe.

12. This happened to me twice as a kid, I dunno if it counts as sleep paralysis. The second time I remember more clearly. My cousin and I were at some haunted amusement park and he wanted to go into the haunted house. The haunted house of the haunted amusement park. I didn't wanna go but ended up going along. Walking toward it, I somehow realized that I was sleeping and the dream was still running on the backs of my eyelids. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't. The dream kept running, we kept getting closer to the haunted house. Then I felt that my hand was close to my face. I could barely move it, like it had been asleep from sleeping on it wrong for like 20 minutes, I finally moved it far enough and pried my left eye open a little. Soon as I saw sunlight, BAM! I was awake. Full control, fully conscious. Sat up. The dream was over, I was back in reality.

Weird shit.

13. i've seriously never seen a demon when i have sleep paralysis, but i ALWAYS have to piss when i have sleep paralysis.  so there is that.

14. Tip: If you are ever in sleep paralysis, keep your eyes shut.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. i could never open my eyes, but ive seen it once, its hairy and dark/shadowy. from then i just try to ignore it and keep my eyes always closed. My friend tried to punch it and it became dust

16. When I was a little kid, I'd wake up still hallucinating but I'd be able to move.. It continued for a couple of years but nothing similar happened recently though

17. I have had S-P a good amount of times but I never seen any demons for me I just couldn't move and in my head I say "Oh God not this again" 2 mins later I'm fine (Little off topic but after I started getting back Into the bible the S-P stopped the same day once I started back praying at night)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum