Ssfg piece

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dboifresh24, May 9, 2013.

1. I bought this over winter and I always wondering if the piece was designed to be that way or if it's a fault with the piece. Whenever it has ice it melts and water gets stuck or whatever. As you can see

Any thought?

Attached Files:

2. hey bro ur gona have to re say wha ur tryin to say sorry i cant understand it lol.. do u mean where does the water go after tti melts? prolly top perc\chamber n ud jus have to pour out some waters to get it back .. if this wasnt your question sory bro

3. Yeah dude the ice melts and the water has nowhere to go so it just fills up your perc chamber. If you prefer low water levels you're gonna have to pour some out. That's why a lot of people don't like using ice.

4. If you pull out the stem a litttle and blow straight down the tube gently then the extra water from the top perc flows to the beaker base. Occasionally you have to empty the beaker, but that's my lazy solution to changing water levels for ice. Also I usually don't fill the water level very high in anticipation of the ice melting.

5. Sorry if my questions wasn't clear and thank you for the responses. I was just wondering why it gets stuck in the percs and wether that has an impact on anything? What's the benefit of the percs as well? Why doesn't the water from the ice melt down into the bong water. I was wondering why it gets stuck in the percs

6. You bought a perculated bong and dont even know what a perc is?

A perc is like a second water chamber in your bong that adds extra diffusion and cooling to your smoke.

The upstem in the perc keeps water from going down in to the bottom of the bong. If water comes up higher than top of the upstem in the perc then water will go down in to the bottom.

7. Are you putting water into the perc to begin with, or is that all from melted ice?

8. yeah man haha i think you have not been putting water in your perc which would have been some pretty stale hits!! i hope you have ha if not its ok we all make stupid mistakes
    hahah something to laugh about in time

9. Oh wow so I was supposed to fill it to the top..? The perc is supposed to have water in it? I'm sorry guys but thank you for the responses. I'm learning!

10. make sure it has enough water to cover those slits in the perc and just a bit extra and you should be good to go! happy toking !

11. so the water level is good in the picture? thank you guys so much..haha i feel really stupid

12. Yes, you should be good to smoke