Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account
Coming Sunday April 19th - from 6 PM to 9 PM Pacific Time - We are streaming a Live Video Event on the Grasscity Forums - Sign Up here for the event.
Grasscity is proud to present a Livestream Masterclass by Jerome Baker Design.
Jason Harris, the legend, internationally recognized as Jerome Baker wil be making a Bubbler piece and during the process engage in a Q&A via live-chat with Grasscity members and viewers.
Grasscity will give away three Free Bongs for the best Questions asked during the livestream. Be there, see you all on the 19th!
Craziest Facts Ever
Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:59 PM
1. A 10 year old girl named Laura Buxton released a balloon with her name and address on it, which floated 140 miles and landed in the back yard of a house where also lived a 10 year old girl named Laura Buxton. On the day of the meeting, the two girls wore essentially the same outfit – a pink sweater and jeans. The girls were the same height, which was unusual because they were both tall for their age. They both had brown hair and wore it in the same style. They both had three-year-old black Labrador Retrievers at home, as well as gray pet rabbits. They both brought their guinea pigs, which were the same color and even had the same orange markings on their hindquarters. It was almost as though these two Laura Buxtons were the same person.
2.In the 1980s a man with severe OCD shot himself in the head in an attempt to commit suicide. Instead of killing him, the bullet destroyed the part of his brain that was responsible for his OCD, and he went on to become a straight-A college student five years later.
3. Australian Bill Morgan was declared dead for 14 minutes and lived unscathed. To celebrate his survival, he bought a scratch card & won a $27k car. The news asked him to re-enact the scratch card moment so he bought another card & won a $250k jackpot.
4. Despite sharing the same oral language, British, Irish, Australian and American sign language are all completely different languages.
5. Pop entertainer Cathy Wayne was the first Australian woman killed in the Vietnam War, when a US Marine shot her on stage while she was performing.
6. In 2006, some guys climbed Britain’s highest mountain and discovered a piano on top of it.
7. A king penguin in Japan was rescued and nursed back to life. He refused to leave, and now lives with the family. He has his own extra cold room, and he goes out on walks around the neighborhood to pick up groceries.
8. A former bonded child laborer from Pakistan escaped the carpet factory at the age of 10, helped free over 3000 kids from slavery, helped bring down Pakistani carpet exports by $34 million, before being murdered at the age of 13.
9. There is a micro nation in Nevada named Molossia that consists only of a house, front yard and back yard. It also declared war on east Germany.
If you know of any similar facts I'd appreciate it if you shared.
I'm not aware of a fact topic on Grasscity, but if there is one I apologize in advance.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users