Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is vaping not harmful, or just less harmful?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CasualSmoker024, May 7, 2013.

1. As far as lung damage goes, does vaping have any negative effects at all? I have a friend who is very serious about being healthy and being in shape, and I'm looking at getting a vaporizer, partially so that he can enjoy the herb with me. Now, I've talked to him, and told him that it's not bad for your lungs at all, is this true? I don't want to be tricking him into damaging his lungs, even if it's on a minimal scale. Does it have any impact on your lungs at all?

2. I don't think there's ever been a clinical study, however the science says it's greatly more efficient to combustion & health risk free.

I used to have to take my inhaler all the time when I used to smoke. Now I actually use a vaporizer to cure my asthma whenever I get it.

3. im not sure good hot air is for your lungs. :p

4. you are breathing in hot air. so... no, there's nothing harmful about that.

5. I'd also like to know these answers but from my personal experience, it's entirely different. Totally on a different level. Taste alone, Is a huge factor. It's a different high, it's a lot more mellow and relaxed. Compared to my bong where I've had my vision actually go out.

Health wise, it's vapor so it can be pretty dry on your throat at times.

To some people the plant has many many uses, and vaping just adds to that, the avb or abv whichever you prefer(already been vaped) bud can be used again(edibles/cooking) and in some cases actually resmoked.

Also, my vape(arizer solo)'s bowl holds at max a .15-.2, to which I can get 8-10 good pulls, and save it up in a mason jar to be use again. Where as my bong can use up .3-.5 in 2 seconds and be done.

It's day and night

6. No, it does not harm your lungs. Vaporizers are the best form of smoking. Although, if he is a BIG health freak, eating would be the best option.

7. you might get a burning feeling in your lungs/throat after a few bowls still but that's only because hot air is harsh. It doesn't do any damage, certainly nowhere near the amount smoking will,

8. Well I feel some small particulates enter my lungs sometimes mabye that can build up..but there's microorganisms in our lungs that love to eat dust so i'd say its harmless

9. #10 bubblekarma, May 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
    I don't have the article link handy, but there have been studies that have shown that even though it's smoke, MJ has healing powers that actually help heal and protect your lungs from damage. Which just adds to this article you linked to. Yeah, smoke is not the best on your lungs, but with the power of MJ, it basically counters the effect of the smoke, leaving you with little to no lung damage.

Personally I prefer smoking out of the bong. Yeah, the cough hurts a little more, it seems a little heavier in your throat, but the high is so much better than with the vape.