Red Cherry Berry ongoing smoke report

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by medsforme, May 5, 2013.

1. I harvested my Red Cherry Berry on 71 of flower and have been drying it for the last 2+ days.

Today some of the lower branches with small buds became smokeable. :D

It smells like melon rind until you squeeze it, then it smells like fuel. Like a mix of several different types, most notably diesel. I live in a farming community, so we all know the smell of diesel well.:wave:

The smoke from what I've sampled so far has been REALLY smooth. No coughing at all. It burns evenly, though the buds I'm smoking right now aren't that dense compared to about 80% of the harvest, so it burns up quickly.

It hits really hard compared to the THC Bomb I harvested at 60 days, and significantly harder than the THC Bomb I harvested at 66 days, which is another reason to take the clones to day 70 and beyond.

So far this is some killer smoke and I'm very glad I have three seeds left. Will definitely plant another one soon. :smoke:

Updates as this harvest dries/cures.

2. #2 ARKing005, May 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
    i dont ever remember writing previous response.. odd.

3. I'm going to grow another one of them because I've been so impressed with the smoke from this one so far. I'll take clones this time though, as this is a strain I want to keep around.

I'll be grabbing another branch tonight and will post pictures to this thread so everyone can see what it looks like.

4. lol @ no pics

5. lol @ no grow.

Anyway, after I flushed my Critical 47 plant and watered my clones, I inspected my drying area and saw that the lower branches are now dry. Though not as dense as the uppers and cola, they're potent. I can only imagine what the uppers and cola will be like.

The best part, is that the next time I grow this (planting today) I can make use of the LED for vegging as well since the last one had only about 3 weeks with an LED before I got the flowering tent and moved it there. I also have better nutes this time around. :D

[​IMG]

I can't get over how smooth this stuff is! Once the uppers are ready, I'm going to roll a nice blunt and see how that hits. :smoke:

6. I graduated to the mids today, which have had a few days to cure and continue to do so, as I only took out a mid sized nug to smoke.

It turns out that I took too much, because two small bowls out of the bong and I was feeling it. The Sativa is a lot stronger now and so it keeps me from wanting to fall asleep if I smoke a blunt to myself.

The Red Cherry Berry seed I planted on Sunday should be sprouting any day now.

I'll post some more pictures when I'm not so stuck. lol

7. IMG_3479-small.JPG IMG_3482-small.JPG
    I've dug into the main cola of the Red Cherry Berry. I've switched to my vape, so the taste is wonderful.

The smell of the main cola has a sweet accent to it that I can only describe as that of a fading rose, blended with berry-ish background that's very subtle. It becomes more pronounced as you break a piece up.

The vape produced changes depending on the temp. I prefer 207C, stirring every other minute or so as I let the whip stay in my mouth like a hookah hose. At this temp, there is a very soothing sweet vapor produced that will gag you if you get greedy and hit too hard. Patience is rewarded and after 10 minutes of gently hitting the vape, I'm good for well over an hour.

My new Red Cherry Berry plant will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and I will be cloning the heck out of it in the near future. This strain is a keeper for sure. I'll have my next plant go to 75 days and then judge from there how far to take the clones.

8. After a little over three months, I now have another batch of Red Cherry Berry. This got the benefit of LED's for the whole grow as well as extra nutes from Fox Farm, so the yield was higher, despite the problems topping caused for keeping the branches high enough to get the maximum light. No more topping at least for now.

The 5 grams of lowers from this batch smelled of melon rind with a very slight fuel smell if you squeezed them.

The other 42 grams of goodness is contained in 5 branches. So we have quite a lot of upper mids and uppers to smoke this time. :bongin:

IMG_3765-small.JPG
    Here's one of the upper mids from one of the shorter branches.​

You can smell this one without squeezing. Melon, with a sweet sugar smell fixed with diesel fuel that only gets more intense if you squeeze it. The sweet smell smells like it is mixed in the fuel, as opposed to a separate scent. It is more of a candy sweet than a sugar cane, which is what the LA Chocolat had in spades.

It smokes really smooth, with no burn at all. I did a flush (with FF Sledgehammer) 8 days before harvest and gave it plain water the two times I watered before harvest.

I'm not sure its ratio of Sativa to Indica, but it feels like it has more Sativa than the 40/60 that the LA Chocolat is supposed to have.

More updates as I tear into this batch. :hide:

9. Still going through the mids. This strain really makes you lose track of time if you get into something. Like LA Chocolat, this is good "project weed", but with a bit more energy behind it. You can also take massive rips and not get sleepy, though you might get stuck for a while.

I have to say that the mids from this plant, are as strong as the main cola was on my last RCB back in May. :smoking:

When you break up a piece up, you get sweet smelling bursts that hit your nose even if you're not trying to smell it.

10. lol @ no pics

11. Not all plants have long flowering times. Some indica strains only flower for around 50 days. They don't all grow more thc the longer they flower. The thc will actually start to degrade over time if they flower to long.

12. I think it is great to have a quick flowering strain, especially when you're starting out a new grow. Makes it easier to wait on the longer flowering strains. :smoke:

I'm alternating between this and my LA Chocolat (flowering time ~56 days).

13. I dove into the uppers this morning as I get ready to take down the Bay 11.

Very sweet smelling, smooth smoking, and covered in resin n' hairs. Here are a few closeups.
    IMG_3784-small.JPG IMG_3786-small.JPG IMG_3788-small.JPG
     ​
    This hits really hard, and the Sativa really shines as a result. This is great music and movie weed. Glad I cloned this girl. More on the way with over an ounce left. :devious:

14. IMG_3820-small.JPG IMG_3821-small.JPG IMG_3826-small.JPG
    Here are a few shots. It can be hard to get a good focus. I want to get a DSLR down the road.​

15. IMG_3838-small.JPG
    I finished off my Bay 11 (harvesting another plant in 8 days), so I've started into the Red Cherry Berry Uppers, which have been curing for a few weeks now. The smell of fuel is gone, except when you squeeze it and, instead, you have a cherry earth aroma that tickles your nose with that candy sweet burst a second or two after the initial smell hits. I can only imagine how this will smell/taste as it continues to cure.​

16. I harvested another Red Cherry Berry clone on NYE-NYD. It is currently curing in a big jar.

IMG_3926-small.JPG
    Before drying​

I weighed it after drying and it came out to 94 grams.

I will be updating this smoke report with more pics and comments as soon as I let it cure another week or so, and have finished off my LA Chocolat. :)

17. Getting ready to update the smoke report with some super stinky Red Chery Berry. Ahead of time, here are a few pictures of this beauty. This is one of the uppers. It is SO smelly in the best way possible.
     ​
    IMG_3933-small.JPG IMG_3934-small.JPG IMG_3936-small.JPG
     ​
    IMG_3938-small.JPG IMG_3939-small.JPG IMG_3940-small.JPG

18. IMG_4000-small.JPG
    Closeup of some lowers ground and awaiting vaporization. On the left, a nice elbow packed bowl.​

Tearing through the lowers with a vengeance. In the vaporizer at least, they are almost as strong as the lower-mids from the last harvest. I think this is in large part, due to the massive increase in resin on the whole plant.

This is such a mentally pleasant strain. I'm really looking forward to diving into the mids and uppers in the coming weeks.

:bongin:

19. IMG_4017-small.JPG
    Getting into the uppers now. Dense vape clouds and time flying by.​