Led Zeppelin VS Pink Floyd what do you think?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by letsmokeasweet, May 4, 2013.

1. #1 letsmokeasweet, May 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2013
    idk i like both bands....i like watching their videos, the song remains the same was badass...i love smoking a fat ass blunt, not a cigerrllo, a xlarge size blunt while watching it. but yea who would you pick?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ood1ulYA0W4]Pink Floyd - The Wall Live Tour - (Nassau Coliseum 27 Feb.1980) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3HSQwpiJMA[/ame]

i like the wall. it took me a while to finaly get what his deal was, cuase the guy who wrote it kinda has issues. the moive was kinda boring but it made me understand lol

2. I absolutely love both of them. Two amazing bands... Pink Floyd were definitely pioneering in music production, for example Dark Side of the Moon where the entire album sort of grooves into one big song. And Zeppelin.. I do not possess the literary skills necessary to articulate how influential Zeppelin were, and still are.

In my opinion, you cannot compare them... It's like comparing Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

But yeah, they fuckin' rock man.

3. My opinion is that I like Led Zeppelin infinitely more than Pink Floyd. I'm sure others would disagree.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I like them both, but there's something about Led Zeppelin that touches me in a way that Pink Floyd doesn't.
    I can listen to all of Led Zeppelin's music and never want to skip a song, while there are songs of Pink Floyd's I absolutely cannot stand, while there are still others that I love.
    So I voted Zeppelin.

5. both great . I prefer zep but the dark side of the moon is one of my favorite albums ever

6. Zeppelin all the way. I just think their music is much more exciting and varied than Pink Floyd. I know they both experimented a lot with different mixes of styles but like previous poster said, I can listen to almost 100% of Led Zeppelin's music without wanting to skip. Except Hats off to Harper. Weird as shit.

7. I prefer Pink Floyd :wave: :D

I dig Syd Barrett.

I saw the Wall live. It was probably the best concert I've been to. :) :)

8. i agree

are you talking about in the last couple of years? or when it came out in the 80's???maaan i wish i was able to go to an old concert of theirs

i went to both wall shows (2000's) when waters came to houston, i think i would go again...but i heard he is going to do animals next and i would much rather see that show rather then the wall again...of course im sure many many more would go to the wall instead of animals

i thought the wall was a badass idea...i mean what band can put a wall up in front of their audiance and not offend the fans??????

9. i almost voted both, but, idk....i think zeppelin made great music together, and i love thier music so dont get me wrong...i think led zeppelin was more of a popular type band...hyped up by excellent marketing, a great managment team...where as floyd just so happen to make some great music together.

i think floyd made great albulms. not just one song on each albulm. i like how some of floyds albulm had a central concept, an idea...like wish you were here was about syd and the record industry, animals was about love and being hurt, the wall was about the the seperation from the fans and music and the final cut was about a boy growing up without his father and the resentment he feels about it

zepplin, their albulms are good, but its the songs that made them good.
    does anyone know if any of their albulms have any meaning in them?

its like zeppelin liked being put out there while floyd didnt and just wanted to make some good music. i notice roger waters always played with his back to the crowd...i mean look at wish you were here. the whole albulm is anti record company. it was from the heart and real, and it was one of the best selling albulms of all time before dsotm came out

so i thought about it for a while and i went with floyd

10. does anyone else listen to "get the led out" at 9pm on houston radio?

they play 3 zeppelin songs at 9pm every night, does anyone else radio station do this?

11. Our local classic rock station does it.

12. I could never choose. The Song Remains The Same movie blew my mind. I own every Zep album. But I listen to Floyd more... Toss up.

13. I prefer Pink Floyd by a long shot. I like quite a lot of Led Zeppelin songs individually but it's hard for me to get through an entire album of theirs. Pink Floyd on the other hand, I can marathon every album they've ever done. (Well... except maybe Ummagumma and those last 2 that Roger Waters had nothing to do with.)

14. What local classic rock station are you referring to?

I have two main presets that I'm sure you get in your area too.

92.5 or something around there, and 107.9 or something around there.

15. #15 sky dog, May 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2013
    Here it's the Stairway to Seven at 7:00 PM on 100.7-WZLX

For me it's Led Zeppelin all the way

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs4-Yy9KfTI[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeJkDewhTEw]Led Zeppelin - Rock And Roll (Live Video) - YouTube[/ame]

16. 92.5 but now I'm actually thinking it might be 93.7.

17. thats cool. do they always play the same somgs for yall also? it seems like they do here.

i widh they had like a 420 break with a bunch of floyd songs...that be even cooler lol

18. riiiight every time i finish listening to animals i always want to listen to it again

19. Unfortunately, I saw it recently. It was still really, really good though. :) I won't ever forget it.
    Animals would be cool as fuck!!

20. i wouldnt say it is unfortunate..i bet the audio video equipment is beter...making the visual effects beter :)

but im greatfull for rodger waters bring back their sound....it will never be the same as the original members..but at least its sumthing i wish they would go on tour together....but i bet the tickets would be so expensive cause they both gota get their fat share lol