Lets Build a Bubble Bucket *Step by Step*

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Rumpleforeskin, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Rump, thanks for your very quick reply. I can imagine how much of headache it because answering repeated questions, but it means alot to alot of us that you are putting so much of yourself into this forum to help us out. Thanks a bunch rump.

2. I have a question for the whole group. I have been looking for a good lighting syatem, and learned its bwtter to use mh lights during veg and hps during flowering. I found what looks like a good set and would loke to get everyones opinion on this to see if it really is good to get or of i should save the monwy and get something different. All opinions will be greatly valued http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004YXDHX6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1423199232&sr=8-1&keywords=400+hps+grow+light&dpPl=1&dpID=5185XGcOJ-L&ref=plSrchπ=AC_SY200_QL40

3. I don't like gull wing hoods for small grows in confined spaces. They run so hot, and you have no way to cool them down. A 400 watt lamp needs to be real close to the tops, this type of hood will make that difficult.

Cool-tube

4. Rump, you are the man😆 with that set up it comes with 2hps bulbs. Im a big fan of keeping it simple, do u think i should buy an mh bulb for veg? Or just veg and flower under hps? I have no idea really if mh bulbs do enough for the veg cycle to make it worth it. And rump, all together you have saved me about 500 bucks from nit buying wrong shit lol it really seems like saying thank you doesn't comvey how much i appreciate your help in everything I've learned in this thread so *high 5* thanks a shit load bro

5. I dig rapping about growing. so it is always a pleasure. I like to veg with MH. I have grown using only HPS, but I have to go along with most experts and veg with the MH if possible.

6. Will this be sufficient to restrict light from passing through the fill port? Should I at least paint the bottom fitting black?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1423862565.553283.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #5688 issiackemp, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
    Same with this one, i would delete but dunno how to

8. #5689 issiackemp, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
    My toddler figured out how to post lol, srry

9.  That is just how I do mine. Nice!

10. With the "updated" design, having the air line go through the lid, do you simply drill a hole slightly smaller than the air line and squeeze it through, or is there something we should use to pass the air line through to ensure no light enters?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

You got it right. just a bit smaller then your air line. Works real nice.

12. For only my 5th attempt. I am very happy. 

[​IMG]

13. Wow, you must be pretty stoked. You are done buying weed.

14. I have learned so much from this and i value so much information that you all have willingly shared with me. I am making a 2 bucket system one for my plant and tge otger bucket to use as extra water to keep ph from swinging as much and i also made a screen of gold. I wouod very much appreciate if any one could tell me what they think of both, ky screen is 23" by 26" measureing just the inside usable part. Thanks in advance to all of you that have helped me out soon much

Attached Files:

15. You did a nice job with the tape. I would put valves one the connections between buckets. If one fails you can remove it and do repairs.

16. sadly i didn't even think about a valve between the buckets till i finished it lol thanks for the kind words and tue valve between the buckets is now tops on my to do list. I know this sounds like a broken record but i really do appreciate all the work you have done here to help so many ppl out including myself, wish i could +rep ya

17. Took me a few days to go through this thread...but I finally made it! This is by far one of the most helpful threads on the subject, thanks a ton Rump, and everyone who contributed.

I do have a question though..what was the site everyone was getting the black buckets from...I can't seem to find it again.

I just get them at the hydro store now days. I think it was some USA Plastics site or something like that.

19. Tasddrrrerrrrryqvgtcdfddjdez