Lets Build a Bubble Bucket *Step by Step*

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Rumpleforeskin, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Below my post you will see some topics in my signature. It is a good place to start.

Best of luck, R.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hey Rump,

Few more questions if you don't mind.

1.)  You only run co2 when the lights are on. How do you time your chhc to shut off with the lights? Do you still vent the room when the temp gets high when the lights are off?

2.) At the end of your harvest when your light is at it's highest point, how much room do you have between the top of your light and the top of your 8ft grow room?

Thanks man! Truly an inspiration.

3. The sensor has a light detector built into it. The CO2 won't come on unless it has light.

I try to not bottom out my light at the top of my grow room (like to have a cushion just in case). I keep the light about 8" from the tops.

4. Ah ok. What's the cushion between the light and the ceiling? I'm just curious cause my space is 6.5 feet.

5. I hope to have at least 6" of adjustment left.

6. Rump have you ever grown AK-47? I would love to see you grow some other strains. It seems like you got the WW dialed in.

7. I never grew AK. I did do a lot of strains a few years back. My wife likes the WW. We get samples from other grows all the time, but she likes this one the best.

8. #5648 rapo9510, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
  9. #5649 redleaves88, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    Hey rumple did I hear you right before when you said that you only have to use PH UP powder and never PH DOWN?

Just curious cause you said you prefer to under feed rather than over feed and I always thought that ph levels going up mean't you were under feeding? 

Also you only run your dehumidifier when the lights are off correct?

Thanks and sorry for the 20 questions.

10. Do you have a reducing 6"- 4" adapter on both sides of our cooltube?

I just spent like 10 hours reading this guide. This should be a hardcover book.

11.  Yes, I have both ends at 4".

12. Mystery solved! hahah thanks. By the way how did your grow with the calmer work out? Still using it or better off without it?

13. Hello Mr. Rumpleforeskin:  I'm still back in 2011 on post 4000 something, but wanted to travel to the future (our present) to thank you for your help in moving the human race forward.

I had a thought about why they moved your thread to the DIY section back in 2010.  Not sure if it has been returned as a sticky, as I have yet to get to 2014 posts, but I'm thinking (conspiracy theory-like) that folks in the mmj industry are nervous about your DIY thread and reached out to GC to have it moved out of the limelight.    You are giving power to the people and those wishing to have power over the people are probably not liking how you are empowering us ordinary folks with knowledge of growing some great weed on our own.    Tough sh*t for them, though.

I have attached a pic of the results from following your guide as I've learned you love pics.   

Maybe something of interest to the community here:   I added a T-valve flexible pipe fitting placed right before the water pump's intake valve.  I originally placed it there so I could fill the system while changing nutes, but in the process discovered that it serves double duty as an air infuser while recirculating.    The other end of the hose is placed into the AC vent - as shown in the pic.    This allows cold AC air bubbles to be pulled into the recirculated water stream.   I plan to get a water temp meter to see by how much this cools the water, if anything.   I'll report back once I do.

IMG_20140831_2254411.jpg

14. Very clean setup. I am sure it will be a killer harvest.

My thread seems to fit the DIY section, although it gets less hits here.

Lets see the harvest.

15. #5655 GrowDoe, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    Hey Rumple, I'm back with the results of my first test of what I call an Air Infusing System for my single bucket RDWC grow.  I know you warn folks about clogged drains flooding grows as a result of running a RDWC system.  I think those concerns are muted by using a single bucket - if the drain clogs, the system won't flood, it will just stop circulating.

Anyway, I picked up some fresh RO water from the drive-up water dispensary.  Luckily, I have this drive-up close by; 4 gallons costs me $1.40.  The water came out warmer than I like at 92 degrees.   This setup an ideal test scenario for my single-bucket RDWC Air Infusing System.  

I changed my nutes with the warm water.  The old nute water was 72 degrees.  After nute change, the water inside the bucket was 88.2 degrees.  Gotta get that temp down, so a testing we go:

2:20pm   88.2  degrees    (system on; fan off)
    2:54pm   84.6
    3:04pm   83.7
    3:16pm   82.6
    3:20pm   82.0     (system off; fan on)
    3:28pm   81.5
    3:35pm   81.3
    3:44pm   81.0
    3:51pm   80.6
    4:02pm   80.2
    4:09pm   79.7
    4:13pm   79.7
    4:22pm   79.3
    4:28pm   79.2
    5:00pm   78.6

Overall, I'm encouraged by these results.  With the system on, the temp dropped 6.2 degrees in one hour.  With it off, it dropped only 2.7 degrees the next hour.   What I like about this system is that it does not require any expensive equipment.  No chiller needed, just a design mod on the recirculating line that allows cold air from the AC to seep into the recirculating water stream.  No need to open the lid and put in frozen bottles either.

Below is a pic of my plant one week into flower.  Hoping its a female.   (This is a bag seed grow)

IMG_20140912_1526231.jpg

BTW, this has got to be the most loneliest hobby ever.   But thanks to you, I have been energized to refine my grow  skills from basic soil to this.  It feels like going from high school JV team to college starter.  

Have you tweaked your grow any lately?

16. I blade from GC came out to stay at my pad a few days ago. We rebuilt my clone room and upgraded my light.

17. Rump what you upgrade to? i'm upgrading to led ..again..this time i studied extensively and have changed all my grow techniques since i tried last time back in 07 and leds have improved majorly and prices have come down to my range

18. I'm getting that sinking feeling that my plant is a dude.  I'll give it another day or so, but not feeling as good about this as I was.

That's not an upgrade. Thought you would have learned the first time. Spend the money on stuff that will help you.

20. Rump it's all about pwr and heat..i don't pay for utilities or a/c both come with the apt..just had a $100 rent increase..anything to bring that dwn  without loss of yeild helps me..HID in the summer makes no sense..this yr i have two outdr grows that i can grow yr round in so the indoor feeds the outdr grws..don't need hid to do that led works great for that..in the future gromies are going to have to adapt somehow if they want to keep growing especially as nuke plnts close and prices escaalate...time will tell