Lets Build a Bubble Bucket *Step by Step*

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Rumpleforeskin, Oct 29, 2006.

1. followed the tutorial over the weekend. thank you so much for taking the time to make it, and also continuing to help us all!

one question...when i was testing for leaks the only one i saw was from the bottom barb elbow for the water level indicator. the slow drip was coming from the base of the 1/2" tubing. how would i go about sealing it? i don't want to use anything toxic, obviously. 

2. I now use hose clamps on that. It will seal just fine

3. great, thanks!

4. I have a 4'x4' screen set up under a 600 watt hps and can't decide if I should run 4, 3, or even just 2 Rumple buckets under it. I have 4 set up now but it seems that using scrog I don't really need that many to fill the screen with the WW I'll be planting as soon as the seeds get here. Just looking for some advice. Thnx

5. I only use one under a 400W in a meter squared tent and it fills up the SCROG (usually 250-300 g yield).

No, especial once you have some of the materials .

I can buy set up a stand alone bucket for less than 15 dollars. bucket, net pot,hydroton,rockwool,air line,air pump and air stone.

I have spare amounts of every item on the list so a new bucket set up cost 0$

7. Thanks doctorMJ for your quick answer!! Got another question for whoever cares to field it...I want to run two 6" flexible duct lines (one from the cool tube and one from the charcoal filter) into one single line before it leaves the grow tent. I can put an electronic damper on the filter line if needed but the question I have is am I gonna create some kind of wierd backdraft on either line? The cool tube fan will be on with the light and the filter fan will only come on to exhaust the room when needed. I'm probably over-thinking it to hell n gone but am I trying to push to much air out a single line? Probably should've asked this in the general forum (sorry Rump!) but I've learned so damn much from this thread I keep coming back to it.

8. Ax your arrangement will work if you use a backdraft damper other wise it will just go right back into your cab ( line of least resistance)

9. Rump its been awhile since I last posted.I've read through all the pages & I cant find where you listed the dimensions of your grow cab.
    I have a regular air-cooled hood hooked up to a Vortex 6" fan,My other question is do you think if I used a Y connector on my Light exhaust ducting could I use an electric dampener set up to a timer to open every so often to exhaust the room?If so It would eliminate an additional exhaust fan.
    I'm trying to cut down on my grow space I feel I could make it smaller from 12x4x7 to roughly the size yours appears to be.I need to get close to a pound per harvest.B4 I add CO2 I need to optimize my current room set up.600HPS,1 bubble bucket w/res.1 DIY aquamist system,1 LightRail 6ft.Sorry to ramble on.I feel I can get better harvests by reducing my room size(less cubic ft to cool or enrich with CO2.
    Also what height is your screen set at in your cab.Thanks for all the advice & knowledge you have shared with all of us.

10. Chdn imo a smaller space with the same 600w is going to get hotter than the bigger space and require more venting for sure..the y connection on venting i do on my rig..i use a reg damper on both lines and a fan on each..if you don't have the fan/damper the heat from the light will flow back into your cab defeating the whole purpose and making for a critical heat problem

12. Thanks Dr.Mengle & Rump :)

13. Hey Rump,

I have just finished reading all over your posts! Man I feel like a pro now. Can't thank you enough.

I do have a few questions though.

#1 You use four lights in your mom room - 2 warm, 2 cool - but what are the wattages?

#2 You said you are not a fan of rubbermaid grows. Why? I'm talking about a single plant in the rubbermaid container.

#3 Do you think you could have equal success with a shallower container but wider and with a larger capacity? Or is the vertical depth of the bucket important?

Thanks!

14. My light are 2' long tubes. I don't mind the Rubbermaid container, just not ten plants in the same container. As long as the container holds five gallons or more, it will be fine (no matter the shape.

Best of luck to you and post some pictures.

15. thanks for the quick reply!

Also you talked about getting stunted growth during cold spells. What temperatures were you experiencing and for how long? I take it since you run a dehumidifier in the room the vent's didn't operate during this time at all? except for the constant cool tube flow of course.

16. It got into the 50s during the lights off period.

17. Hey Rump thanks for the quick answers!

Hate to bug you again but what size gallons/watts is your dehumidifier?

18. How do I see all your step by step. I'm a newbie and I want to start from setting up my grow room to choosing lights, nutes etc. I've heard nothing but great stuff about you rumpleforeskin