How many miles?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by mmmmToXiN, May 2, 2013.

1. 01 VW Jetta 1.8T.  199xxx.  gettin close to that 200k mark.  will be the second car i roll 200k on.

saw your post in the "post your ride" thread, wanted to ask what engine but low-and-behold, you answered it in this thread.

is it stock?

3. its definately riding a little low

4. #45 RvginATL, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    05 Impala just hit 175k two weeks ago. She has her moments but otherwise runs pretty strong. Avg about 11k miles/year since I got her.

Edit: By the way, any automotive geeks here? What would you think I could get out of my car? I'm hoping to make it to 220k before I trade her in.

5. if its good now i tll probably be good for 220 k assuming no catastrophic parts fail.

6. i have 165,xxx on my 2003 mitsu eclipse spyder gts.  bought it november 2011 with 109k.  only repair i've needed was to replace the clutch in march 2012.  

this thing is an ox.  i wrecked in this past january,didnt need no repairs!  rearended someone last week.  no additional body damage at all!  yep, 2 wrecks with a car with 160k miles and it still runs like its brand new...except the clicking noise that started before this last wreck.  see other thread for that lol.

7. Hit 121k today

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

8. My Monte Carlo has 185k. I get my license back in August.

9. got a set of coilovers, upgraded diverter valve, lightweight underdrive pullys, cone air filter, and a 2.5in catback with a custom made 2.5in downpipe on a stock cat.  unfortunatly, i just demolished a raccoon or something a few minutes ago and lost my center bumper grill and busted something in the coolant system.

10. ^lmao @ your title. thats about how it is with my e30.

damn furry animals. sorry to hear that man.

11. 2012 Dodge Charger R/T  with 18,452 miles 

12. Ford five hundred 107k. It's about that time. Don't want a money pit for a car

13. Where's the fun in that?

14. i thought it would be a simple clutch replacement. but no, found the slave cylinder didn't have a dust boot, that was five days. found that the output shaft seal was leaking, that was another five days. then that output shaft seal was for a getrag 260 instead of a getrag 240, and that was another five days. then the pilot bearing that came with the clutch kit was too small, so that was probably for the zf transmission. luckily i didn't have to wait for that.

but its all in. drove her the first three miles in nearly 7 months. now i just gotta register it.

15. #56 Deleted member 97913, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    Well either have money to save and do shit. Or fix a car I'm still paying a little on :/. If it was paid off I'd probably just keep it and use it for random stuff

16. Well either have money to save and do shit. Or fix a car I'm still paying a little on :/. If it was paid off I'd probably just keep it and use it for random stuff

17. #58 DBV, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
    Close to 65,000 miles. Car is a 1990 Nissan 240sx SE hatch. She's babied... For now.

18. Last time I checked it's around 210-213ish thousand I think. It's got a ton of problems with it too.

19. actual mileage is less than i was thinking (haven't driven the e30 in months), its at 372,113. six miles since the new clutch.

oldest e30 i've owned, highest mileage by 140,xxx and yet its also the cleanest and straightest e30 i've owned.