OldPork's Guerrilla Hell 2013

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by OldPork, May 2, 2013.

1. #1 OldPork, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It's whispered that soon if we all call the tune
    Then the piper will lead us to reason
    And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
    And the forests will echo with laughter

-Robert Plant, 1971
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, here we go, a day late and a dollar short...and another grow season underway. Welcome one and all to a certified, bonafide, ratified and codified NO HATE thread. All visitors will be respected no matter how goddam ignorant their posts may be. Haterade is prohibited!

For the past month, I've been starting seedlings under T5 high-output blue spectrum lights. If you're interested you can see that stuff in the tail end of my Quest for Glory thread.

Once again, I'll be going guerrilla. Make no mistake...a guerrilla grow is not a backyard grow. There is no nearby water faucet. Forget to bring something? You're fucked. Smoke a little joint before a relaxing daily visit to the garden? Not a good idea. What there is is great risk, brutal work, and just about every obstacle nature and man can throw at you. Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a backyard garden or a legal medical grow. In fact I envy those with that luxury. For me one false move and it all ends, and the ramifications are not pretty.

I'll be keeping it 100% organic. Basically nothing but water and cheap bat guano. No pesticides. Nothing touches the bud but rain and sun. My ganja cage is jam packed with great genetics from various breeders...mostly OG Kush strains originating in the San Fernando Valley region of Cali.

Here's what I got so far:
    5-Cali Connection Buddha Tahoe OG
    3-Cali Connection Larry OG
    3-Cali Connection Original Sour Diesel
    3-Reserva Privada OG#18
    2-Reserva Privada Sour OG
    2-DNA Genetics LA Confidential
    1-DNA Sour Kush
    1-GHS WW
    1-GHS TrainWreck
    1-HSO Pineapple skunk
    1-Ice River Genetics C99 x Romulan (Thanks G45)
    4-Pandora Autos (in the big pots where they will stay)

So my friends here we go again. Let's have a little fun, make some new friends, and share a few laughs.

Welcome to Guerrilla Hell :D.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. #2 DurteeDurtee, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
    woooohooo!!! (place holder.... i'll be back with a more appropriate comment)

3. They look so big already. I got an early start but it looks like you're a couple weeks ahead of me.:p Anyway where do I sign my life over to you to be in on the action?

4. *Pulls up chair*

5. :eek: Impressive journals Old Pork.

This must be the Porksville I have heard about.

I'm definitely subbed for the ride :D

6. so stoked to watch this journal.. thanks pork!

7. Love the disclaimer Pork lol, couldn't tell you how many times I've forgotten 'that one thing' fuckkkkkk! Hauling soil, digging etc just kicked my ass today.

Any thoughts on the finishing times of the Tahoe or #18?

Looks like you got a solid start, I'm sure you won't disappoint.
    Where do I get my season tickets to the show? :D

stay safe out there

8. #8 Tomato Dog, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
    :wave:I have oodles of respect for ya'll guerilla growers, and the work/dedication it takes to make every crop successful.

While following your journal back in 2010 it inspired me to grow for the first time, so you could say I'm quite a fan of yours.:smoke:

Although I haven't read any of your grows except 2010's Pork-a-palooza. Since I wasn't active on these forums for the last couple years.

There's a reason your one of the best at what you do though.:hippie:
    So hats off to ya, you oldporker you
    Wish ya the best this season Pork. Count me in for this one!:yay::metal:

9. OldPork how many plants a year do u wind up losing to the elements (nature, weather, etc.) Im in a new spot this year, and have the feeling i should have done more plants then i previously needed. Lots of critters :-(

Forgetting stuff SUCKSSSSSSSS.. i swear i walk up hills both ways to get there i'm going!!

best of luck to ya.

10. Still with ya!! looking great btw. mayday..when the season gets serious:devious::p:smoke:

11. #12 sarscarab, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
    Cool, I'm in, medicated, and can still type sort of. Was that a mysterious jackalope I just saw ?

OP you got some sexy genetics you are growing this year. The girls look good, great name for your journal. I know because when I grew outdoors in early 70's the chiggers and ticks were ferocious. So were the grasshoppers. Guerrilla growin is hell.

Cheers OP and bestwishes on a bountiful harvest.

12. taking notes..

13. Welcome aboard JakalopeIVXX! The jakalope is about the only critter that I haven't had to contend with in the field, but now you know why I built the ganja cage! I really dont like using it because plants like space, and they tend to stretch in the cage, but I used blood and bone meals in that soil mix so it's best to play it safe until the soil mellows a little.

Walking up the hill both ways...haha that cracks me up. Yep nothing worse than forgetting what ya need. Another reason to stay clear-headed while tending garden! I keep what can fit under an inverted 5-gallon bucket out there. Scissors, string, and a small watering can and a misting bottle. How many plants do I lose to critters and/or weather? Hmmmm maybe 20%. This year may be more though since I am trying some new stuff. One thing I learned is if a plant gets really mangled by let's say high winds, it is in a weakened state and more susceptible to plant disease, they need to be removed and place away from the grow area unless you want shit to spread to the healthy plants. :eek: Get em outta there.

14. Last year they both finished in early September. Last year all my plants seemed to finish a few weeks early in this spot and I'm not quite sure why. Last year was an extremely HOT summer so that was one unusual factor. They were also in #10 smartpots which I don't intend to use this year unless I discover the ground is fucked. It may also be that I started early under lights April 1.

15. Okie in the peanut gallery taking notes... "Guerilla Hell" love the title, ...like to share a piece of gear that my help for the water haulers out there, check out; Camlebak's 25L Squad pack (pricy but I'm in the game for the long run).
    Peace & Safety.

16. along for the ride!

17. You ain't no guerilla...your a goddamn Sasquatch way more illusive

18. Btw good luck again amigo and are still putting a fish in your hole?

19. Good question! I'm not sure yet on the fish, I might test a hole with to see what happens. For some reason last year there seemed to be less varmints in the new spot even though it is much more in the wild. Funny you should mention Sasquatch, I was just telling the ol lady that hauling water with 5 gallon buckets in both arms all summer makes me look like a Sasquatch, she laughed like hell so there must be a resemblance. haha I'm just an old silverback sasquatch.