Slowest car you've ever driven

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Kingjacobo, Apr 26, 2013.

1. A good budy of mine bought a Geo Metro brand new, when those ecconomy SUVs were just starting to come out. There was 'good news' and 'bad news.' The good news was that the 4WD in those Geos worked great. You could drive a GEO just about anywhere you could drive a Bronco, Surburban, or even a Jeep Wrangler. The bad news was that it was as slow as molasses in January, and he was constantly getting tailgated on the freeway by biligerant motorists who were in a hurry to get some place. The only problem with the GEO cars was that they were grossly under powered. They had great 4WD transmissions, especialy those equipped with a manual, but the engines just couldnt handle all the added weight of the 4WD. It was more like an ATV then it was like an SUV in my opinion.

The Pumpkin Man

2. Slow but pretty much indestructible cars.

3. I was watching the Speed channel once, the program was titled 101 Cars You Must drive. One of the cars featured was the French made Citreon. That car, or at least the one featured on the show, was in it's own way, it was so slow. Of course, with a 2 cylender engine, I'm suprised it could move at all.

The Pumpkin Man

4. 98 s10 I4 5speed... total piece.... and if you had the ac on you couldn't even pull away from a stop light... :cry:

now i drive a 02 cummins I6 4x4 5 speed now this thing moves!!!!!! :devious:  :yay:

5. Toyota Tercel. Thing was the slowest piece of shit I've ever driven. My grandpa gave it to me and I sold it 6 months later. Couldn't stand it. 

6. I used to drive a '94 Dodge Neon, slow shit

7. a pontiac sunfire. 

8. hahahhaha, this made me lol

9. 85' ford taurus

10. 70 opal. I forgot what car company made it. They don't make opals anymore.

11. #51 IgnorantFool, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
    Probably a 1978 Toyota Corolla...1166CC...55hp...

Opel is the European division of GM...they're still making 'em...Opel

12. '67 Cortina. Sure wish I had all the pot seeds that were in the floor of that car!

My '60 Comet ran a close second.

13. a bumper car. bitches go like 10mph

14. A 1976 Mustang II Ghia with the 2.3l 4cyl (basically the pinto motor). It would only do about 70 flat out on highway.

[​IMG]

Had plans to drop a fuel injected 302 in it, but it never happened. Ended up selling it.

15. My trusty Plymouth breeze. So slow.

I swear it's a lawn mower engine in there. No, it's a blender engine. Fucking runs on watts it's so slow

16. 1980 something VW Rabbit Diesel. Gawdd that thing was horrendous. It was my buddies that bought it as a joke after seeing it on Top Gear (the shit version, in other words the US) and I was DD'd that night and we took it to the bar.
    Just googled the factory times; 0-60 in 21.2 secs and 1/4 mile in 21.9. I remember he took it the strip one time to fuck around and it was actually 23 something. 

17. ^^its always funny(in a sad way) when you can race on the street and not really break the rules. I have a 03 tdi, while its considerably faster than the 1980 ones its still pretty slow. I find that i end up "racing" soccer moms in cars such as minivans and small suvs without them even knowing, its a bitch when people decide that they want to get in front of you before a merge. I ll be flooring it trying to keep my position and some mom on the phone is nonchalantly passing me without even thinkin about it. On the same note there is a group of people that have model A's who race each other on the roads because they can only go 55 or so.

18. citroen, all day long, either my old AX with its mighty 954cc engine, which im not sure even went to 60 mph or my sisters 2cv which was shit beyond belief but had a hammock for a back seat and suspension so soft that speed bumps just didnt exist

19. 93 F150 with the 351 Windsor V8

20. Bjorlam's carriage outside of whiterun. I swear that thing is as old as the city its self! :angry:

Sent from the Riften Warehouse using the grasscity perk in my inventory.