Tear in my lung?

Discussion in 'General' started by The dOt, Apr 25, 2013.

1. #1 The dOt, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
    Hey all so as the title says, I think i may have a tear in my lung. I'm not to knowledgable about it, and I do have a doctors appointment soon, but the pain is getting worse so I wanted to post something to see if anyone has a clue of what I'm feeling.

Basically it all started last saturday, went to VA Beach to celebrate my boys 21st and obviously there was heavy drinking and heavy smoking (bud and cigs). We started partying on Thursday and didn't stop till Sunday. Saturday comes and I wake up and I instantly feel like shit. I think to myself "Ok, probably just to much alcholol not enough water blah blah blah". The basic I've been partying to much and not taking care of myself.

Well as the day goes on I start having a really bad coughing fits about every hour or so. And each time it gets worse and worse, so I start drinking tons of water, dont smoke and cigs, but I continue to smoke tree just cause yeah I'm one of those people. Anyways, it gets to about 7-8pm and I AM DIENG in pain each time I cough now. And its directly on the right side of my chest, like right in the middle of my rib cage.

Now 11pm hits I have such a bad coughing fit I ended up coughing a decent amount of blood up. The pain was so bad I couldn't catch my breath back and I started to having a panic/asthma attack (I have asthma) so I go to our room get my inhaler take a few puffs and I realize its not working what so ever. My boy gives me some unmentionables and it chills me out, I come back to smoke a lil tree and pass out.

Basically every day since then the pain has not receded. In fact today, it feels a little worse. Every time I try to put my chest out it hurts, I can't take deep breaths, every time I cough a tear comes to my eye it hurts so much.

So does anyone know what im experiencing? Again I do have a doctors appointment in the next few days, but I'm starting to worry I might have really fucked myself up. Anyone know?

Thanks

2. Don't wait for the appointment, go to the emergency room or some shit dude.

3. wtf, if you're coughing up blood you don't make a damn appointment you go straight to the ER

4. I mean...it was just a little bit. Enough for say like 2 loogies but it was still enough to freak me out you know? I've been coughing up yellow shit for years and every once in a while black shit when I go on a binge of smoking.

5. Are you kidding man? Go to the emergency room.

6. Y'all think it's that serious? I've heard of other people coughing up blood, but after a week or two they were back to normal. Sometimes you just smoke to many cigs......right?

7. I would immediately go to the ER. Coughing up blood is not something you want to wait out. Blood is blood, and its coming from somewhere bro.

8. Wrong. If you can't afford the appointment for the emergency room then go tomorrow before the weekend. Your health isn't really something to play around with. Don't want to leave your boy without a father so young.

9. Word. Well thanks for the responses.

Is it more expensive to go to the ER or a Doctors Appointment? Don't have health insurance so I don't want to have to pay for extra fees.

Just saw post above. Thanks^^

10. LOL by the way when I said boy I didn't mean my child, I meant my friend. Sorry for the confusion.

11. #11 Browsing, Apr 25, 2013
    You have asthma, you may also have asthmatic bronchitis, inflammation of the lining of the bronchial tubes.

Why is everyone jumping to conclusions saying he is dying? If you would like we can talk about this in a PM.

If you would like we can talk about this in a PM.

There are a few things that it may be, there are other things that would need to be talked about first, you have other symptoms.

12. How much blood? Does it hurt to breathe? Is it hard to breathe?

13. #13 spliffmuch?, Apr 25, 2013
    Fuck no man! I smoked buds and cigs for 22 years, had pneumonia twice and diagnosed with brochitis, and never not a single time have I coughed up blood.
    That used to be my biggest fear when I was smoking cigs,coughing up blood.
    I figured if it ever happened I either had or was getting close to lung cancer and I would have to quit smoking cigs. I quit smoking cigs like a year and a half ago.

Needless to say. if I coughed up blood I would be in the E.R pronto.

As a matter of fact I just had a chest x ray like 2 days ago, and it was clear.

14. Everyone is forgetting that he has had asthma for.... well he didn't tell us how long yet, but that would be interesting to know.

15. if you really have a tear in your lungs, that is un-repairable. A lung transplant/removal is what is done in those cases. I would go to the ER even if it's just something minor. They can't turn you down, regardless of how much money you have.

16. Like I said, it was around like 2 decently sized loogies. Lol sorry I really have no idea how else to measure it.

And also I was diagnosed with asthma around 6th grade. So age 12-13ish

Oh and sorry, yes it does hurt to breath. I can't take deep breaths...at all. When I have a coughing fit sometimes I just have to go through the pain so I can get my breath back. But it usually brings a tear to my eye it hurts so bad

17. Well I haven't smoked a cig since then, and I also decided I'm going to take a break from MJ for a while to. So hopefully it was just a one time thing and I smoked to much :/

18. Do yourself a favor and stop smokin tobacco now. I have asthma and thought smokin a cig every now and then would be fine. I thought that up until my lungs shut down and I had to have a machine breath for me for 4 days while I was in a drug induced coma. Smoking tobacco while having asthma is a death wish.

19. If it's something life threatening, that's literally the only way I can go to the ER. I don't have health insurance so it really isn't an option unless again, it's seriously life threatening.

20. You should go to the hospital. It sounds like it may be a collapsed lung or pneumonia.

Are you really tired? Moreso than normal?