Grow plot found.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GanjFarmer', Apr 23, 2013.

1. You got bugged out but, in reality I doubt any of those planes were looking. If you can't stand fly overs marijuana growing is not for you.

Marijuana plants don't stick out any more. In northern california (and elsewhere) big op's are spotted because the spacing, and how green they are compared to everything else. That is because in areas that people do large op's it doesn;t rain all summer. That means everythiing turns brown and the plants stay green.

2. Hence the reason I had previously stated.......if you can't learn how to camouflage in your own garden, how can you successfully deal with that environment and succeed?

Short answer is.......you can't.

Learn in your own garden; then go big. If you were paranoid with choppers flying over your own garden; how will you cope out in the bush when the choppers are buzzing and your laying low trying to avoid detection?

3. [quote name='"Ausweed"']

Planting on your own land is much better advice then taking your plants onto someone else's property to be grown.

Are you kidding or what?

Lets get caught travelling to and from our grow site shall we?!?!

Or keep them in our own yard under our own watchful eyes. Helicopters etc egg no offence brother but you sound like a paranoid meth head.

Like I said before; if you can't hide some plants in your own garden and deal successfully with any pangs of paranoia. Well the. How the fuck are you going to cope sneaking around on someone else's or crown land?

I know where the penalties will be harsher if by chance you are caught.....I will give you a hint it won't be from getting caught growing in your own yard.

Peace[/quote]

What?? Did u not read the part about doing your homework first?? I personally wouldnt put it out in that field like i said. Ive grown on other peoples property my whole life so.Im a meth head? Jesus man sorry for offending you, but do i deserve that harshness? I was just giving advice. Growing on other folks land that you know no one travels for a FACT is better than growing on your own property. Know why? Cause if they see it, then they get to look in your house and if they connect the 2 then they will TAKE your house. Planting on govt land is also stupid in my opinion. You get caught, you are doing time no question. Any way i was just trying to help the guy not get into a fight. Yall have a good night.

4. I'm legal and id rather grow in the woods illegally then in my garden. I had a few choppers flying over me while I was out there watering last season, I just looked up and kept watering. In my area nobody would be searching near the place I grow, but they do fly over where I live. Plus if my plants got found here they'd just get ripped up. My place is at a legit shooting area. I bring my gun and "walk around" shooting before I haul any water. If anyones near they won't go snoopin if they hear gun shots, and if for some reason the cops were there its a lot easier to say I didn't know about it then if I was holding 7 gallons of water and a back pack full of nutes. Illegal growing in the woods is 100x safer imo if you take proper action.

5. You guys dont believe me about people gettin caught growin in their gardens? Go back and look at threads just from last year. A guy named combustible got caught growing 1 plant in his backyard by heli in my state. Im not making it up and i know heli coverage varies state to state but my state is one of the top producing states in the country, hence the flyovers and hence people getting busted from growing in their backyards. Cops know thats a for sure conviction so they will always pounce on those.

6. Chill out there man; just casting my opinion as you did is all.

Us Aussies enjoy taking the piss mate, you know a joke at someone else's expense? It's all good fun man, you said you felt like a meth head and I said you sounded like one too, just confirming your humour for you you know?

On a serious note though, I think we may have forgotten the context of the question our supposed grower friend Ganj had initially proposed. Now with all info he has provided in my opinion he is rather new to the whole facet of growing dope.

So keeping that angle in mind, my opinion is for him to master a little home grown in place of running an op out there in the wild.

Seriously, I can't picture the dude who started this thread out bush tending to his plot of 20 plus plants and upon hearing a twig snap acts accordingly.....

Master your paranoia at home and it will be ten times easier out bush.

Lastly my personal opinion from my experience is that I feel a lot safer growing a plant or two at home; then I ever have fifty kilometres out bush tending to 14ft Thai sativas.

7. They certainly do however; compare the guy and his conviction growing in his backyard outdoors and the one doing so on a larger scale on someone else's property and at times government property.

I know what conviction I would rather be facing.

Also you can attribute a lot of backyard convictions to loose lips and a lack of adequate camouflage; most of us have neighbours close by act accordingly.

The dude who barely tends his lawn and garden yet has a few extremely healthy green flora randomly placed throughout his backyard is starting to look a little suss from the air; would t you think?

8. Neceessity aside.....guerilla grows all day

9. I hear ya. Well i surely hope since its his first grow that he wont do a large grow. Thats just setting yourself up for failure. I was talking 1-2 plants. Packing gallon jugs of water is a bitch in the summer, especially if u got a decent lil plot. Due to helis around here i only put 1 per spot and ive got about 4 different ones within an hour walk of eachother. The more you got the more noticeable it is ya know? As for the whole garden idea it just wasnt for me. Not to mention by mid sept everything in your garden is starting to brown and your weed plant is as green as green can be, with huge fucking buds everywhere. That was the final straw for me. Any ways no hard feelins and u guys have a safe n successful season. :)

10. For me I clear my spots clean off treez n grass have to go....though I hate moving trees cuz 1 its hard and 2 itz an artificial space.that aside I prepare the plot and then cover the dirt between my plants with the grass I cut in the 1st place.....that way even if the fedz pass over its harder for them 2 detect my patch

11. #71 Ausweed, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
    Yeah we use to do the same; have a bit of distance between plots.

I remember one year we were growing these huge fucking sativas and the bastards were about 12-14ft tall with stems at the base as thick as your thigh. One fell over under the bud weight, (had about 4 pounds on the bastard) anyway we had to clear some bush and let it finish off horizontally.

We figured it was fairly noticeable from the sky so were as paranoid as fuck. The day we were going up to harvest the choppers were on the buzz and we spent over an hour flat on our bellies in the scrub waiting for the bastards to fuck off.

That for me was the last guerrilla grow I did; if we had of been caught with the amount of dope we were harvesting out there back in those we would still be locked up today.

12. ^^^sounds exciting

13. PHP:

Of course every serious guerrilla grower knows that buzz; sometimes it's better then smoking what was grown you know?

Hiding out hoping to fuck the noises you start hearing out there are just your imagination. What about walking back out if your grow after a successful season; with shit loads of bud on you....... Now that is paranoia!!!!

14. lol that's gonna be me end of summer

15. I wish you every success. I have a family now and can't risk it you know? I prefer one or two in my backyard, it's easier on the nerves...

16. Indeed....checked the stash last nite and the ladies r quite lovely some nearing 2ft @ 7weekz and other flowering @ the same age

17. Just decided to read thru this thread and not only is it interesting, but I realized that my experiences in guerrilla growing and my thoughts on this subject matter relates with you guys. I'm with KuntryBumpkin when it comes to growing in the backyard - it is too hard on the nerves. I don't like that wearisome feeling at home. Similar as your story Ausweed, twice last year during the spring and fall, I had to hit the dirt face down and blend in as best as I could to avoid detection from a curious farmer. Last spring, the farmer drove his truck approximately 20' from me when I was transplanting my flowers alongside of his winding gravel driveway that goes through woods and fields. I still remember my heart pounding the soil beneath me and thinking in my head what I was going to say to him when he gets out of his truck and approaches me. He drove past me so fuck'n slow that I thought for sure I was spotted. Then on the day of harvest, the same guy parked his truck alongside of mine. From a short distance of about 20 yards, I watched him survey the land, then my truck, and then back into the woods. He made a huffing sound, looked upset, and took off in his truck like a bat out of hell. I hauled ass to my truck pulling a tarp with 18 smelly-ass plants. I threw them in the bed of the truck and took off the opposite direction; thinking the whole time that this farmer was going to catch me with a little help from the local authorities. Needless to say, I am not going to chance it again and grow in this area where I've been guerrilla growing for many years. I, too, have a young family and question why the fuck I push it. This will be the last year I germinate indoors 'cause my son and daughter are in their early teens, have been educated on what dope looks like, and I don't want them to figure out what I'm doing. To avoid any possible questions on what I am growing in the basement besides veggies, starting next year I will be germinating seeds directly into the soil. Thanks for allowing me to share this long-winded reply.

18. Now fuck lying face down on the farmers land tending your crop. Scary as fuck or what? Lol

That's what I mean; I love just training one or two lovely females to grow along my fence behind my garden or in between similar coloured plants with similar foliage etc.

I have neighbours and friends in my yard regularly and have never detected my grow as it blends in too well.

I don't know it's your choice, but I think you can still enjoy the herb without the teens catching on.

Thanks for that wicked story.